Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lego Universe Will Smash WoW

OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

ToonTown is one of the best MMOs out there. It's not complicated. It's not deep. It's just fun.

FreeRealms is pretty good, too. If there were more to do in FreeRealms then it would be on top.

Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones are incredibly fun. I hear Lego Star Wars is pretty good, too.

Lego Universe is going to have the best crafting any MMO has ever seen (you actually build objects from parts), incredible customization of characters and housing, fun instances with interesting puzzles to solve, PvP and more.

If Lego Universe has enough group activities to keep people busy interacting with one another then Lego Universe players will eventually combine together and form a Lego giant so big, so powerful that it will be capable of smashing WoW into pieces that can be used to build better games.

Just imagine how badass a lego battleground would be where players scramble to build a fortress complete with defenses from pieces that are available before setting out to capture the enemy's fort with custom built vehicles and weaponry. It would be closer to Warcraft game play than any WoW battleground ever came.

Lego quests.

Lego dungeons.

Lego raids.

Lego sports.

Lego battlegrounds.

Lego Universe is going to be fun.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

so powerful that it will be capable of smashing WoW into pieces that can be used to build better games.

i love this statement!one problem since vanilla wow released close to thousands of game have laid that claim on the table and so far everytime blizzard name is written on new content

they number rise by a lot!

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

laff

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295
    Originally posted by OldManFunk

^^ This

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It might be a fun game, but its never touching WOW's sub numbers.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Kyleran

mm i wouldnt say that either!since there are insanelly lot of kids just in china alone lol.add the rest of the world and that makes a lot of potential gamer.

• Vash14132Vash14132 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Something tells me, the content for this game will be surprisingly underwhelming, because of the playerbase its aimed at.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Lego Universe is going to have the best crafting any MMO has ever seen

From what I understand SWG had a better crafting system easily.  The problem with LEGO Universe is it only allows cosmetic creativity.  Nothing you do makes a mechanic difference.  That's a pretty big downfall for me.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Are there any people still playing WoW that actually still like it? Last I heard everyone was just waiting for the next expansion or something better to come along.

Oh and yes, this game is gonna be great!

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

Originally posted by Preponerance

^^ This

Agreed, this game is FUN.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its allways good to have another smash game around..

And tough lego world has many great innovations, it totally misses the immersion many people like so much in MMO's.  Nevertheless lego world should so just fine.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• unbound55unbound55 Member UncommonPosts: 325

Originally posted by drbaltazar

mm i wouldnt say that either!since there are insanelly lot of kids just in china alone lol.add the rest of the world and that makes a lot of potential gamer.

My young teen daughter doesn't like this game (played in beta for a good while), and my 9 year old doesn't like the game either (and he is absolutely obsessed with Legos themselves).

To the OP, I did get a chuckle out of your post.  Overall, I'd be surprised if it gets much over 100k subs.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by unbound55

Originally posted by drbaltazar

My young teen daughter doesn't like this game (played in beta for a good while), and my 9 year old doesn't like the game either (and he is absolutely obsessed with Legos themselves).

To the OP, I did get a chuckle out of your post.  Overall, I'd be surprised if it gets much over 100k subs.

I'll be amazed if this game retains over 50 thousand.

• Perdition_ukPerdition_uk Member Posts: 181

<snip>

If Lego Universe has enough group activities to keep people busy interacting with one another then Lego Universe players will eventually combine together and form a Lego giant so big, so powerful that it will be capable of smashing WoW into pieces that can be used to build better games.

Just imagine how badass a lego battleground would be where players scramble to build a fortress complete with defenses from pieces that are available before setting out to capture the enemy's fort with custom built vehicles and weaponry. It would be closer to Warcraft game play than any WoW battleground ever came.

<snip>

Oh you!