Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please help with info. will my laptop run this game??

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Model

Brand

Acer

Series

Aspire

Model

AS5542G-5281

Part#

LX.PHP02.135

General

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CPU Type

AMD Turion II M500(2.2GHz)

Screen

15.6"

Memory Size

4GB DDR2

Hard Disk

320GB

Optical Drive

DVD Super Multi

Graphics Card

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Video Memory

512MB

Communication

Modem, Gigabit LAN and WLAN

Battery Life

2.5 hours

Dimensions

15.10" x 9.90" x 1.03" - 1.50"

Weight

6.16 lbs.

CPU

CPU Type

AMD Turion II

CPU Speed

M500(2.2GHz)

CPU L2 Cache

1MB

Chipset

Chipset

AMD M880G

Display

Screen Size

15.6"

Wide Screen Support

Yes

Resolution

1366 x 768

LCD Features

LED backlight & Acer CineCrystal Technology

Operating Systems

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Graphics

GPU/VPU

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Video Memory

Dedicated 512MB

Graphic Type

Dedicated Card

Hard Drive

HDD

320GB

HDD RPM

5400rpm

HDD Interface

SATA

Memory

Memory

4GB

Memory Speed

DDR2 667

Memory Spec

2GB x 2

Memory Type

200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM

Memory Slot (Total)

Memory Slot (Available)

Optical Drive

Optical Drive Type

DVD Super Multi

Optical Drive Interface

Integrated

Optical Drive Spec

8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive

Read max: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM double-layer (DL), 6X DVD-R (DL), 6X DVD+R (DL), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM

Write max: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R double-layer (DL), 4X DVD+R (DL), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM

Communications

Modem

V.92 56K

LAN

10/100/1000Mbps

WLAN

802.11b/g/Draft-N

Ports

USB

Video Port

1 x VGA

HDMI

Audio Ports

Yes

Audio

Audio

Dolby Optimized Surround Sound System

3rd Generation Dolby Home Theater Audio Enhancement, featuring Dolby Digital Live, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Headphone, Dolby Natural Bass, Dolby Sound Space Expander, Dolby Audio Optimization, Dolby High Frequency Enhancer Technologies

High-Definition Audio Support

Built-in Microphone

Speaker

Two Built-in Stereo Speakers

Input Device

Touchpad

Multi-gesture Touchpad (supporting two-finger scroll, pinch, rotate and flip)

Keyboard

Standard

Supplemental Drive

Card Reader

Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader

Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD)

Webcam

Yes

Power

Battery

6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (4400 mAh)

Battery Life

2.5 hours

Physical spec

Dimensions

15.10" x 9.90" x 1.03" - 1.50"

Weight

6.16 lbs.

and if so what settings etc?

i really want to play this game. well my wife does lol.  i am also getting a dif screen for the laptop so i wont be useing the laptop screen

Comments

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

The minimum system requirements are for EverQuest II are:

• Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP

• Processor: 1GHz

• RAM: 512 MB

• Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 64 MB of texture memory

• Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

The recommended system requirements are:

• Operating System: Windows XP

• Processor: 2 GHz or greater

• RAM: 1 GB

• CD-ROM: 16x CD-ROM or DVD-ROM

• Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and Vertex shader compatible hardware with 128mb of texture memory or greater

• Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy

I can't say what setting, but I see 0 reason why your set up will not run EQ2 just fine.

If you need any help or anything feel free to PM me, I'll do my best to assist. 

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

sweetness!  thanks alot. as long i get to play i should be fine.  i played lotro on ultra high. but i ma not sure if eq2 is the same or not lol.

but good news i get to play sweet

and yes i will pm you hehe. it will be a month becouse the wife wants to let lotro finish for the last billing and befor it goes free to play.

but she does want to know are the fairy looking people good and easy to solo with? and what class. and what server is best to start with. she is not into pvp  yet hehe.

• drjunkydrjunky Member UncommonPosts: 2

Originally posted by punkrock

sweetness!  thanks alot. as long i get to play i should be fine.  i played lotro on ultra high. but i ma not sure if eq2 is the same or not lol.

but she does want to know are the fairy looking people good and easy to solo with? and what class. and what server is best to start with. she is not into pvp  yet hehe.

First point, you can probably bump it up to high graphics with no problem. Extreme performance (aka Ultra) wasn't doable on many machines for 60 fps during a raid (at least not a year ago when I stopped). You can always try and fiddle with the settings to see what you like. Also the custom UIs (depending on which ones you use) will affect your framerate as well. It's possible machines these days can do extreme and keep the framerate up, but in a raid, you usually don't want to take the chance, miss a crucial spell/attack and get the raid wiped.

As for the Fae, (or their evil race version, Arasai) you can pick whatever class you want. Class is more important than race for solo gameplay. I used to use eq2.wikia.com all the time. To be honest, any class can solo if you know how to play the class well, but if you are going to play with your wife, the game will be a lot easier if someone tanks and the other heals or does dps. The other thing is if you join a guild it's easier to find groups to do things (especially since now you can also mentor). The game might have changed some since I stopped playing but there was TONS of stuff to do and guildies (if you are in the right guild) are always willing to play and help out, some of the dungeons really do require 6/12/24 real people driving the keyboard.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

rocken! thanks for this web site also. i am going to go read up on it. i do have a month lol so i got time to really read about the classess.

thats cool she loves pretty looking games. so i am trying to find it for her lol. we dont have two laptops yet so we cant team up. but most of the time i am right next to her to help her so its not as bad.

i hope to see everyone in the game if on the same server!

thanks for this help

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Hi,

Your laptop has about the same stats as my (quite old) desktop. 

It should run EQ2 without a problem.

How well it runs it, you won't know until you play - get the trial to check it out.

EQ2 graphics are extremely poorly optimized so they run poorly on even the highest end machines.

That being said, there are lots of options that you can fiddle with that improve performance without losing too much.  If the game is really choppy - try this:  turn to the lowest option (Extreme Performance), then manually turn all the textures to maximum and your max detail characters to max (10 i think).  This will give you a great-looking game without issues.  Of course if you can just play on High Setting off the bat, there is no need to do that.

I strongly suggest that if you want to get into the game, you do it as soon as possible.  The game is generally pretty empty in the low-mid levels, however, the recent update introduced a new starting area, so tons of people are making low level alts, which would give you more groups as you're leveling up.

Good luck.   oh and roll on a populated server.  Antonia Bayle is the highest, but there are a couple more.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO