Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Havent had this much fun in Ages

lendiggitylendiggity Member Posts: 8

My buddy and i have been between mmo's for some time now... almost seems like a dying market....

3 days ago my bud and i decided to give EQ2 a try, and let me say... We are having a BLAST... Hes playing monk, and im playing a warden.. i was around lvl 15 or 16, he was around 17 or 18.. and we decided too try our hand at Crushbone Keep..

While killing was quite slow, it was SO much fun.. we were on the edge of our seats.. Each fight an epic fight, barely scraping by.. even had a few lvl 30's pop in and lol at us for being there.. untill they saw we could kill mobs at the entrence =) they were fairly suprised lol.. 

Now were both level 20, and we are able too actually start venturing deeper and deeper into the dungeon.. quite thrilling really, especially when a Treasure Chest appears =) we get all kinds of excited.

And the exploration is a Blast, we go too say Antonica, open the map and wonder.. Whats there... SoW up and bomb down there a guns a blazin, hehe have found some pretty neat things.. =)

Whats really the cool part about it, is its just 2 friends...seeing how far we can push our selves in the game.. So far.. its been Great.  So if you have a group of friends, or just a bored buddy and your self... burnt out on the current mmos.. and Havent played EQ2.. or eq1 for that matter.. download the free trial give it a shot.. See what cool things you can find and accomplish

All of this done with Trial Accounts.. cant wait 2 Sub up and see whats Really out there =)

Comments

• PijamaPijama Member Posts: 21

I wish I had some friends. :(

• DasterdlyDasterdly Member Posts: 30

I love reading these kinds of posts!  Keep at it man!

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

Originally posted by Pijama

I wish I had some open minded mmo friends=( Right now they stick to what they have been playing for years and convincing non mmo gamers to try actually try an mmo before bashing is a horrid experiance.

• lendiggitylendiggity Member Posts: 8

thanx for all the postivie feedback =) super stoked 2 have a game we both enjoy playing

• DasterdlyDasterdly Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Pijama

I'll be your friend.

So what ya got planned this weekend?  Wanna hook up for a beer or something?  You taking The Flyers or the Blackhawks for the cup?

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

I agree with the OP ive played WoW long enough and im sick of it ( im an old mmo player , started with UO in 1999 ) .

EQ2 is pretty new and refreshing for me , i think its a lilttle bit more hardcore than wow but still very casual and fun with more dept than WoW .

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I have to agree the game is very good and has drastically improved big time.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Philss
    I agree with the OP ive played WoW long enough and im sick of it ( im an old mmo player , started with UO in 1999 ) .

EQ2 is pretty new and refreshing for me , i think its a lilttle bit more hardcore than wow but still very casual and fun with more dept than WoW .

Leveling is actually pretty fast. In fact this is especially true if you make throw away RAF account (don't subscribe after the 14 days but instead make another RAF account after the the 14 days are over) and group with and port your RAF character into the same zone to gain the RAF xp benefits.

Where you will feel the hardcore nature is in the AA's,faction and Raid aspect. Yet I love being able to lock my level and grind out AA's by doing all the quests in a zone. Also since there are around 8,000 quests in game that means I it'll be a long time before I run out of quests to run in this game and I'll long since have hit the AA cap and level.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

I am playing a high elf paladin, who just gained citizenship from kelethin to qeynos, and am now doing many duties for the local guard. Role playing in this game is a lot of fun, and you'll find most people are willing to do it on the fly, even if they're not flagged as role players. It's a great time. Get in a guild whenever you can, and you'll find some of the most amazing people in the entire genre.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Through levels 1-79, EQ2 offered one of the best PvE experiences of any MMORPG I've ever played, but I really thought the endgame was miserable.  I know level 80 is no longer the endgame, but from what I understand, the gear progression which started in TSO has been continued with the new expansion.  Also, don't even think about doing anything after hitting 80 other than working on your mythical/fabled (epic weapon quest).  Everyone and their mother has one by now, and it's so far ahead of...well at this point I'll say "almost" any other weapon in the game that your contribution to a group in terms of DPS will be next to nothing without it.

• RedRaptor22RedRaptor22 Member Posts: 44

I've been having a blast playing the SF expansion post 80 and at level 88 I still don't have my epic weapon, raid gear or anything else very uber aside from T-1 shard gear and still don't have any problems getting in groups for stuff, honestly I'm not even that worried about doing shard runs or getting my epic, I've been having a blast in the battle grounds and that gear is about as good as T2 shard gear and the weapons are almost on par with the T1 epic weapon.

And if you do get bored once you hit the cap there is always crafting and alts to fall back on, I'm not huge into crafting but it puts armor on my back and all of the classes are so fun to play I've become an alt-aholic....even worse since battle grounds scale all the way to 30 now and give decent xp and aa.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Eq2 is one of the best mmorpg out there that just suffered from a bad launch.Its a solid and exciting mmorpg now.

Most of those who i noticed bash it on this forums seems to be frequent posters in the SWG vet section so have a beef with SoE and anything related to SoE.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Nah no SOE hate, EQ2 is a good game but built on a terrible engine and with a very gear gated endgame.  T2 w/ Myth is pretty standard for entry raids.  Tanks better have T3/4.  Which would be fine if people were interested in running now old content to gear new people but we don't because if you can clear it the SF instance gear is retarded good for dps.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by lendiggity

My buddy and i have been between mmo's for some time now... almost seems like a dying market....

3 days ago my bud and i decided to give EQ2 a try, and let me say... We are having a BLAST... Hes playing monk, and im playing a warden.. i was around lvl 15 or 16, he was around 17 or 18.. and we decided too try our hand at Crushbone Keep..

While killing was quite slow, it was SO much fun.. we were on the edge of our seats.. Each fight an epic fight, barely scraping by.. even had a few lvl 30's pop in and lol at us for being there.. untill they saw we could kill mobs at the entrence =) they were fairly suprised lol.. 

Now were both level 20, and we are able too actually start venturing deeper and deeper into the dungeon.. quite thrilling really, especially when a Treasure Chest appears =) we get all kinds of excited.

And the exploration is a Blast, we go too say Antonica, open the map and wonder.. Whats there... SoW up and bomb down there a guns a blazin, hehe have found some pretty neat things.. =)

Whats really the cool part about it, is its just 2 friends...seeing how far we can push our selves in the game.. So far.. its been Great.  So if you have a group of friends, or just a bored buddy and your self... burnt out on the current mmos.. and Havent played EQ2.. or eq1 for that matter.. download the free trial give it a shot.. See what cool things you can find and accomplish

All of this done with Trial Accounts.. cant wait 2 Sub up and see whats Really out there =)

I have to say, its wonderful to hear someone say that. Most people don't bother posting about how much they're enjoying something, just how much they hate it.