Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiboxing and PvP

uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Some people really hate to lose.
Above is a system some guy uses to play Eve. It allows him to run a dozen ships at once.
So how is that different from running into a dozen ships played by 12 people? Focused fire. No doubt he only goes for 1 enemy at a time.
I once saw five muliboxed shammy's take out a NPC guarded flag in one shot with chain lightning in Alterac Valley.
This kind of thing doesn't interest me much. I stick with one toon. However, I can see it's appeal.
Anyone hear of someone raiding with a multibox setup? Probably too complex to deal with.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

Comments

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118

Wow, thats awesome.

I think multiboxing is fun, it makes grinding and doing PVE enjoyable for me. Its more challenging to keep track of 2 characters at once. But 12... a bit extreme lol.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

This one is pretty old news but still amazes me...

http://www.ripten.com/2008/10/10/wow-whore-has-36-accounts-raids-by-himself/

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Didn't we already have a thread about that setup months ago?

• SomeguynamedSomeguynamed Member UncommonPosts: 69

Wow, the person who owns the computer in this picture is absolutely crazy.

Why would anyone waste so much money on a setup like that, just so they can play many accounts simultaneously.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

2 or 3 accounts maybe, you can probably run them on the same system.  But 12+ is just taking things way to far O_o

You see them in WoW somtimes, but the instant you seperate them with knockbacks etc they are screwed.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Didn't you already post this thread in The Pub?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

the OP post is crap because that user used the accounts for mining

BestSigEver :P

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by cosy

the OP post is crap because that used used the accounts for mining

Take your "facts" and get out.

(Also: mining is PVP)

Give me liberty or give me lasers