Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on Resubbing

CymTyrCymTyr Member Posts: 166

I resubbed to EQ2 and first of all, not sure what kind of special they're running, but I got 5 dollars off this month. That's definitely good news.

Did some exploring of a new area that was patched in recently and am enjoying it so far.  I'm mid-lvl, and I have oodles and oodles of quests to partake in. If you don't like quests, this probably isn't the game for you.

I'm anxious to get back into crafting and lvl up my tailoring some, but so far I'm just relaxing, getting lucky with a few drops here and there, and exploring.

I know SOE doesn't have the best track record when it comes to their games, but >for me< I am quite pleased with returning to EQ2.

Just some random thoughts,

-Cym

Comments

• DasterdlyDasterdly Member Posts: 30

The ONLY thing I do not like about EQ2 as it stands now is that they STILL havent optimized the game engine.  I have a damn good machine that can eat newer games alive, but EQ2 sometimes looks like a slide show.

Other than that tiny rant, I love the content, the vastness of the zones...  There is just so much to do.

• CymTyrCymTyr Member Posts: 166

Yeah, I hear that. I think it's designed for a single core cpu in mind, so if you have a dual core (like me) or a quad, it will only use the first core. It's also very CPU-intensive.

I have a decent cpu and a GTX 260, and I can't set the gfx where I'd like, but it still looks good.