Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game won't run

DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Hi All.  I've patched this, clicked the start button and absolutely nothing happens. I'm using the same disk a friend used to copy the game to his computer, and it works for him.  I have an Nvidia 8600GT with the latest graphic drivers and DirectX.  Not much to go on, but any suggestions?

Comments

• xraetherxxraetherx Member Posts: 27

Same exact problem happened with me. I tried everything from reinstalling to rebooting, and nothing. I guess I got lucky though and a few days later the process decided to boot up. Haven't really had a problem since...

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

Some virus protectors see the Gameguard as a virus and prevent the game from running. You need to put the folder the game is in, into your expection list for your antivirus program then.

I had the problem with AVG and its still not happy and complains every time it runs a scan.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• MinoziMinozi Member Posts: 49

Hmm the best advice i can give you guys is check this link:

eu-players.tcos.com/forum/forumdisplay.php to see if any of your problems is listed there..

a good guess is that it is gameguard though.. since most of the problems are caused by it :p

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Thanks, some good pointers there.  I was indeed using AVG and told it to ignore the Spellborn folder.  The game is running now!  So far, I'm very impressed with it.

• MinoziMinozi Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Thanks, some good pointers there.  I was indeed using AVG and told it to ignore the Spellborn folder.  The game is running now!  So far, I'm very impressed with it.

good to know :D

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask them!

• nearmysnearmys Member Posts: 15

COMPLETE SPELLBORN INSTALLATION GUIDE

http://tcosinstall.blogspot.com/

• Rogi-957Rogi-957 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by nearmys

COMPLETE SPELLBORN INSTALLATION GUIDE

http://tcosinstall.blogspot.com/

Followed it, Source file is corrupt.