Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requiem launcher problems

I've read many a forum loooking for the answer to my problem, but no one else seems to have the same problem as I do. I've been playing since November and I've never had a problem until a week ago.

At firstt it would say that it has failed to connect to my internet... when there was nothing wrong with my internet. Now I've gotten past that and everything is loading on the launcher except for updater bar, ya know, where it usually says 100%... nothing is even loading on there anymore, it's just blank. Everything else is working, the hyperlinks and everything. Just not the updater bar.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled and erased everything and redownloaded from the main website.. It still has the same problem...

Please. Please help =]

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I think Gravity Interactive is having alot of internal problems with their servers and its causing the problem.  It would not surprise me if they have been the victims of DDoS attacks since last week.  I have also been having problems connecting from time to time for about a week including to the website.

Err correction, it could be the result of the storms we have been having in Southern California for the past week.  Just about all data routed for Los Angeles goes through San Diego for logistic reasons.  For the past week there has been relatively heavy raining that has caused some flooding.  It could be affecting these transmissions in the 100 mile stretch between San Diego and Los Angeles that is undeveloped.

• SymanthaSymantha Member Posts: 4

I'm in Indiana... haha so could it be simmilar but with snow?

But even that's weird because my boyfriend has no problem getting into the game. I'm really getting frustrated >.< because i haven't found a free mmorpg  that I like better than requiem! Haha, so if you have any suggestionsof a game that is some what similar that I can play untill requiem starts working again, that'd be great =]

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i had a similar issue with everquest 2 days ago .i was missing some older file the w7 instal dont provide so i took a chance hoping dx update would help lol ms even sent dx  some dx 7 file lol.

result i dont need to use compatibility on anything,and everquest(1)works like a charm

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Symantha

I'm in Indiana... haha so could it be simmilar but with snow?
    But even that's weird because my boyfriend has no problem getting into the game. I'm really getting frustrated >.< because i haven't found a free mmorpg  that I like better than requiem! Haha, so if you have any suggestionsof a game that is some what similar that I can play untill requiem starts working again, that'd be great =]

I'm in Indiana as well and just decided to give the game a go. Problem is I cant even connect to the website. I'm in warsaw though so snow wouldnt be the issue for me.

Gravity is having problems.  Obviously their website is still being DDoS attacked.  They can stop the attacks but the attackers just keep at it.  Not sure if this is continuing in the game, however the servers have been really laggy since Possession Beasts were reintroduced.  It might be a coding issue or poor code optimization that finally caught up to them.  Korea doesn't have many quality programmers.

• beb2592beb2592 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Ok so I want to start this game but the same problem keeps coming up for me... is there any fix for this yet?

Its probably been resolved.  Try contacting customer support.  It might also be you tried to log in during maintenence.  That was yesterday and your posting was done at about the same time maintenence was done.

• beb2592beb2592 Member UncommonPosts: 61

I tried again today....still no luck. Too bad I really wanted to try this...