Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new game any ideas?

i have been lookin for a better game. i need a game that has pretty good gfx but not to great i dont want any lag. i would like a good free one but i wouldnt mind playin one that has a trail so i can see if i like it. i dont want to pay more then 10 usd a month.

here are some games i have played

runescape....eternal lands.....and still playin darkeden

please post some good ones thx!

Nate

Comments

• LightSlayerLightSlayer Member Posts: 182
    I never seen a MMO with a game price of 10 USD a month that is fun, just get a game that is like 15 USD and play it....just five dollars more....

---------------------------------------------

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by LightSlayer
    I never seen a MMO with a game price of 10 USD a month that is fun, just get a game that is like 15 USD and play it....just five dollars more....

oh noes. That is five more cans of soda ::::04::

• Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by Nathan01
    i have been lookin for a better game. i need a game that has pretty good gfx but not to great i dont want any lag. i would like a good free one but i wouldnt mind playin one that has a trail so i can see if i like it. i dont want to pay more then 10 usd a month.
    here are some games i have played
    runescape....eternal lands.....and still playin darkeden
    please post some good ones thx!

should try guild wars

* Windows® XP/2000/ME/98
    * Intel Pentium® III 800 Mhz or equivalent
    * 256 MB RAM
    * 500 MB Available HDD Space
    * ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 or 4 MX Series Video Card with 32MB of VRAM
    * 16-bit Sound Card

thats all you really need and this game has suberb graphics and no monthly fees
  • a few hours for what ?

• LreguizrLreguizr Member Posts: 207

There are some mmos that cost $10 a month.

There is Jumpgate and Vendetta.

I don't remember any mideval fantasy type mmo costing $10 a month. But both games I mentoined above are sci-fi.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

It will be hard to find a mmorpg for 10 a month. More than likely any mmorpg you'll find will either be free or 14.99 a month

With that said

I would recommend the following

Free:

Anarchy Online: 3 years old but the graphics are still decent.

Not Free:

SWG: Developers have been doing a lot of changes in their programs and other areas...for the better. Playing this game is beginning to feel a little more like Star Wars every day

EVE: Ultimate hard core PvP space mmorpg with a flavor of industrial-like feel. If you like a mature player base and good space graphics this game is good. Game is hard to learn at first and the learning curve is big. But worth it

WoW: Great all around game with better graphics than most. Large player base.

EQ2: Another good mmorpg. You'll need to have 512 MB RAM and a decent card to run it (although some people can run the game on a Geforce 4100 and lower)

DAoc: Probably the best PvP system fantasy mmorpg. However it's an older mmorpg and the player base isn't as big as it was before.

Final Fantasy: Decent graphics, great quest system. Grinding can be somewhat hard at times and grouping is a must if you play.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• bbtankbbtank Member Posts: 15

You can try RyL: Path of the emperor, you can get 30 day free trial http://gr.bolt.com/download/pc/rpg/ryl_path_of_the_emperor.htm

• donk75donk75 Member Posts: 2
    you can try Ashen Empires . www.ashenempires.com.    pretty good game  lots of different things to do. i also believe it has a 7 day free trail,only 8.95 a month.
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by En1Gma
    It will be hard to find a mmorpg for 10 a month. More than likely any mmorpg you'll find will either be free or 14.99 a monthWith that saidI would recommend the following
    Free:Anarchy Online: 3 years old but the graphics are still decent.Not Free:SWG: Developers have been doing a lot of changes in their programs and other areas...for the better. Playing this game is beginning to feel a little more like Star Wars every dayEVE: Ultimate hard core PvP space mmorpg with a flavor of industrial-like feel. If you like a mature player base and good space graphics this game is good. Game is hard to learn at first and the learning curve is big. But worth itWoW: Great all around game with better graphics than most. Large player base.EQ2: Another good mmorpg. You'll need to have 512 MB RAM and a decent card to run it (although some people can run the game on a Geforce 4100 and lower)DAoc: Probably the best PvP system fantasy mmorpg. However it's an older mmorpg and the player base isn't as big as it was before.Final Fantasy: Decent graphics, great quest system. Grinding can be somewhat hard at times and grouping is a must if you play.

I would add:
    Station All Access Pass
    Granted it's $21.95 a month but you get to play PlanetSide, EQ1 and EQ2 and SWG on it as well as all the other SOE titles like Tanarus, etc.

Also as they add more titles to their arsenal they add them to the pass. For the money you can't beat it.

If you're seriously stuck on <$10 a month you could try Jumpgate which is a 'decent' space game but the playerbase is tiny. Also you can play UO for free if you use one of the public shards.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• Nathan01Nathan01 Member Posts: 19
    thx all great ideas and thank yall for postin image

Nate

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by Elnator

Originally posted by En1Gma
    It will be hard to find a mmorpg for 10 a month. More than likely any mmorpg you'll find will either be free or 14.99 a month

With that said

Free:
    Not Free:
    SWG: Developers have been doing a lot of changes in their programs and other areas...for the better. Playing this game is beginning to feel a little more like Star Wars every day
    EVE: Ultimate hard core PvP space mmorpg with a flavor of industrial-like feel. If you like a mature player base and good space graphics this game is good. Game is hard to learn at first and the learning curve is big. But worth it
    EQ2: Another good mmorpg. You'll need to have 512 MB RAM and a decent card to run it (although some people can run the game on a Geforce 4100 and lower)
    DAoc: Probably the best PvP system fantasy mmorpg. However it's an older mmorpg and the player base isn't as big as it was before.
    Final Fantasy: Decent graphics, great quest system. Grinding can be somewhat hard at times and grouping is a must if you play.

I would add:
    Station All Access Pass
    Granted it's $21.95 a month but you get to play PlanetSide, EQ1 and EQ2 and SWG on it as well as all the other SOE titles like Tanarus, etc.

Also as they add more titles to their arsenal they add them to the pass. For the money you can't beat it.

If you're seriously stuck on <$10 a month you could try Jumpgate which is a 'decent' space game but the playerbase is tiny. Also you can play UO for free if you use one of the public shards.

Last time I checked they didnt offer SWG in all access pass. Has this changed in the last 2 months? I played SWG and EQ2 but could really care less about all the other games. Plus with those 2 who would need all the other ones to play too?

Originally posted by Bama1267
    Originally posted by Elnator Originally posted by En1GmaIt will be hard to find a mmorpg for 10 a month. More than likely any mmorpg you'll find will either be free or 14.99 a monthWith that said
    Free:
    Not Free:
    I would add:Station All Access PassGranted it's $21.95 a month but you get to play PlanetSide, EQ1 and EQ2 and SWG on it as well as all the other SOE titles like Tanarus, etc.
    If you're seriously stuck on <$10 a month you could try Jumpgate which is a 'decent' space game but the playerbase is tiny. Also you can play UO for free if you use one of the public shards. Last time I checked they didnt offer SWG in all access pass. Has this changed in the last 2 months? I played SWG and EQ2 but could really care less about all the other games. Plus with those 2 who would need all the other ones to play too?

SWG was added to Station All Access 3 weeks ago. Which is how I wound up trying EQ2. Since I was an SWG player who had left EQ and Planetside for SWG and refused to pay for 2 full monthly fees ($29) just to play two games I was thrilled when they said SWG was now on it.

So now I can play with my old friends in EQ1 if I want to (I do so occasionally for big raids now) and I can go blow people up in PlanetSide for a change of pace and I can still play SWG (which is improving steadily now) and I can enjoy the new world of EQ2.

Pretty cool. And, like I said, for $21.95 for 4 major MMO's you just can't beat it.

Sig image Pending

• josh98989josh98989 Member Posts: 1
    Get World of Warcraft although it is kind of expensive with no trial.  You can preorder Guild Wars and play on the beta weekends.
  • Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by Bama1267

Originally posted by En1GmaIt will be hard to find a mmorpg for 10 a month. More than likely any mmorpg you'll find will either be free or 14.99 a month
    With that said
    Free:
    Not Free:

I would add:Station All Access PassGranted it's $21.95 a month but you get to play PlanetSide, EQ1 and EQ2 and SWG on it as well as all the other SOE titles like Tanarus, etc.
    Last time I checked they didnt offer SWG in all access pass. Has this changed in the last 2 months? I played SWG and EQ2 but could really care less about all the other games. Plus with those 2 who would need all the other ones to play too?

SWG was added to Station All Access 3 weeks ago. Which is how I wound up trying EQ2. Since I was an SWG player who had left EQ and Planetside for SWG and refused to pay for 2 full monthly fees ($29) just to play two games I was thrilled when they said SWG was now on it.

So now I can play with my old friends in EQ1 if I want to (I do so occasionally for big raids now) and I can go blow people up in PlanetSide for a change of pace and I can still play SWG (which is improving steadily now) and I can enjoy the new world of EQ2.

Pretty cool. And, like I said, for $21.95 for 4 major MMO's you just can't beat it.

Yeah ,thats a pretty good deal now. EQ2 and SWG plus planetside isnt bad for a change of pace like you said.

Yah,

Like I said if he's absolutely glued to the idea of no more than $10 a month then he should actually go for something free like UO on a public shard or AO (isn't that free now too?)

But if he's willing to go over $10 then the $21.95 for Station All Access just can't be beat. WoW is nice, and all that. But unless you're into PVP EQ2 is the better game.

Sig image Pending

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

check out guild wars