Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking to return...

Hey, i have a very simple question. I'm former player, i have got lvl 28 Sorcerer when game released.But i left game because it started to boring to grind while lvling my toon.Now thinking to come back to Aion, how game at maximum lvl?  How is end-game content, what ppl doing at maximum lvl, where are PvP areas etc!? (Btw i like PvP! And some PvE dungeons doesnt hurt me:)

Thanks..

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I just logged back in today on my level 38 healer (priest, cleric, been away so long I forgot) and while I can't tell you much about end game (seems none of the asmo's on my server wanted to defend the keeps today and others were chiding them for it) I can attest that Belusialan was ghost town.

Saw maybe 2 or 3 players in several hours.  I did see chatter about upcoming server merges.

On a plus note, not a single gold selling spam.  :)

Oh yeah, the grind's still there.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Thanks for info. Well i can grind until lvl40 if end-game content worth it.

Still need more info too.. :)

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

There are 2 things that don't bode well for your possible return to Aion:

1. Left at lvl28 because of a boring grind... Dude!

2. Willing to grind in the hope that you get to the fabled "endgame".

Aion isn't for the people with the "insta-lvl50" mentality, and unfortunately I think you fall into that category.

In addition, there isn't a boring grind per se, it's the player that chooses to make it boring or fun. There is enough diversity in game play to keep things fresh until level cap, which is supposed to take a couple of months at least for a player who is ready to enjoy the ride and not keep going reluctantly just to get to the endgame.

It is also vital to have either a friend or two playing with you or joining an active legion asap, moreso than any recent MMO. Most people would get bored if they just play solo, there is no way around it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is don't think about end-game content. Just play it the way it's meant to be played, do campaign quests, dungeons, group quests / grind with a group in elite areas. Craft/gather, work the AH, make kinah as much as possible it's super important. Go rifting, do sieges, and mix it up with some solo quests and repeatables. Duel people, socialize.. It's what you, the player, make of it.

You will be disappointed with the "endgame" if you just have this goal in mind. The game is from lvl1 to 50 and not a lvl50 game.

Now for your questioon: How is the endgame? Endgame consists of grinding a few dungeons (only one which is lvl50 exclusive) for PvE gear, grinding bloods in Abyss core for gear, and grinding APs for abyss gear. Doesn't seem like much fun, does it?

Patch 1.9 (in 2days) is going to alleviate this fearsome 1->50 "grind" by adding more quests, enhance exp from quests and adding a new increased exp %, but it will still take more time than others recent titles. It also adds some nifty features, mechanics, UI enhancements, new skills/stats, increased drop rates and decreased soulhealing costs.

Patch 2.0 coming in Fall adds a ton of content (for free), so if you choose to resub the lvl50 endgame shouldn't last you more than a month as this patch adds 5more levels and more zones/instances.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Lately i've been thinking about returning too, im holding back though.

I have a 50 ranger, 38 glad, and several lower lvl chars.

I'm afraid theres nothing for me to return to though.. there was only 1 dungeon for 50's, and then there was the grind of guards in center abyss.

Have they added more?

EDIT: NVM, above poster pretty much answered it all.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

If you think the game was a grind at 28...

Any ways, end game right now sucks as there really isn't much to do. Personally, I'm OK with the leveling speed, since I hate the rush to end game attitude, but I hate all the other grind aspects of the game (leph insignia grind, molars, SR grind, etc.) but at least it's different content to do, unlike at 50, and this probably won't be addressed until patch 2.0.

Still, 1.9 which hits West on the 2nd should help somewhat, but it still won't stop it from being grindy (and yes, I know it's not as much as a grind as Lineage 2 or other MMOs, but it's still a grind). So judging from your OP, I personally wouldn't recommend a return yet.

Just my 2 cents.

• MrSebMrSeb Member Posts: 71

Does the patch hit EU the 2'nd june aswell?...

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

Originally posted by MrSeb

Does the patch hit EU the 2'nd june aswell?...

wednesday yup.

• EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137

Ok i just got so pissed at this game i have a lvl 50 fully geared cleric played since beta.Everyone while lvling where saying the samething ..cant wait to hit end-game cant wait to hit end game ......WTF there is no end-game unless you consider grinding end-game?????Oh Oh wait also while having fun grindin had 3 of my legion freinds get there accounts hacked and nc saying not there fault you lose???????People in this game buy gold --------you will get hacked your fault!!!!!!!WTF Anyways nc soft is now on my blocked list have fun if you dare......