Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anything Like SB Out or Close with Modern Character Movement?

sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

Are any short leveling curve, high character customization, FFA/Full loot, player asset, nongrind games out or on the horizon that have WASD/more modern character movement? preferably non-fantasy (but character based as opposed to ship based)?

Tried to go back to SB a couple times over the years and just can't do the "click to move" after playing other more modern games and sick to death of fantasy. Any options folks are playing? DF looks grindy, WHO not really what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Nothing that comes to mind meets all of your criteria. Fallen Earth has a lot of character customization, not FFA/Full Loot though. WASD - yes. FPS/TPS. Not fantasy, mutants, post-disease and war apocalypse.

DF? Not sure grindy is exactly the right word, but it definitely has a steep steep leveling curve. It is also fantasy of course.

Perpetuum is on the horizon. Like EVE but with robots on planets. I am just guessing it is WASD, but just a guess based on picks of the UI, not sure anyone knows.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

Thanks, will check out Perpetuum. Just left FE after realizing I can't do a non FFA game any more. Doesn't have to be full loot, but being restricted to very limited pvp zones, arenas, duels, without player created assets just doesn't get the blood pumping. Would retry AOC but swore never to give FC another dime, and I don't really believe the "new and improved" hype about that game anyway.