Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: 10 days and counting... Do you think the game will survive?

1235»

Comments

• SillypantsSillypants Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Thorpeyrox

Originally posted by Sillypants

Many of the videos are just days old and still relevent to the CURRENT client.

Most things were fixed TODAY with the June patch.

Really?

Did they fix Houses? Guilds? Skill System? Weather? Theif system? Lag? Magic? Nowgame.exe? AI? NPCs?

A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies.

• ThorpeyroxThorpeyrox Member Posts: 125

Really?

Did they fix Houses? Guilds? Skill System? Weather? Theif system? Lag? Magic? Nowgame.exe? AI? NPCs?

Houses were never broken - they're being reviewed and improved.

Guilds were never broken - they're also being reviewed and done properly.

Skill System is fixed

Weather has literally been introduced today, it works fine although it needs improvements such as how many lightning flashes / sky texture with constrasting weathers. The devs stated that it's the basic system.

Thief system was clearly unbalanced and is being reviewed.

Lag is fixed.

Nowgame.exe fixed

Ai fixed but maybe a little too hostile for the pigs (lol)

NPCs are still doing that duplicate bug sometimes, other times its fine.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Really?

Old Today, 12:02

born2puke vbmenu_register("postmenu_879898", true);

default the MO experience !

I havent played pretty much since the open beta started and the crazy lag/desync made the game unplayable. So today, 1 week away from release, I decided to try it again, as I really like the game ideas and had alot of fun during closed beta.

So I downloaded the whole thing, no big problems there, and created my char.

I started just outside that fabernum tower, it was nighttime and really dark outside so I decided to explore the tower. I had already seen pics of it, but I was still surprised about how good it looked. Then I decided to go to the lower floor. Big mistake.

My character fell through the floor, and got stuck swimming in some underworld. As I couldnt get out, I tried suiciding. My char died 60 seconds later, as it should, so I pressed "to nearest shrine". I waited the countdown to end and... "unexpected error, suicide failed". So ok, no, problem, I tried again, same error, better try a quick relog.

When I load up, my char is no longer bellow the world geometry, its next to the tower again but with a twist: its stuck waist deep in the stone floor. "to nearest shrine" didnt work again and then server message says "reboot in 10".

So I waited a bit, came back, created a new character, decided to stay away from the tower and walked around for a bit. But then I noticed I had alot of skills that didnt make sense, I chose a recruit, why do I have stuff like material lore and just basic combat skills? So i remembered people saying the menu where u choose the background was bugged and was actually mirrored. I thought it had been fixed by now (maybe it was and my skills were how they should be, my bad) so I just created another char.

Upon creating it, I pressed enter world and the game crashed. Tried again, sword spinning for a bit and game crashed again. Tried yet again, sword spinned for a long while and I had to ctrl+alt+del because it wasnt going anywhere.

"Back to the other char" I said to myself . I ran for a bit exploring, noticing how great the sunrise was, how the game has such a great look to it even with the irregular edges and bad textures, planning to explore a bit and see the new animals.

I fell down a cliff and tried resting a bit to regain hp. After about 10 seconds game crashed again.

I dunno what to say. I want to play this game. I want my friends to play it. I like everything about it.

Can we seriously, realistically, expect a smooth launch 1 week from now? I hope so, but I got seriously disappointed today.

/rant

born2puke is offline Add to born2puke's Reputation vbrep_register("879898")Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Really?

Old Today, 12:02

born2puke vbmenu_register("postmenu_879898", true);

default the MO experience !

I havent played pretty much since the open beta started and the crazy lag/desync made the game unplayable. So today, 1 week away from release, I decided to try it again, as I really like the game ideas and had alot of fun during closed beta.

So I downloaded the whole thing, no big problems there, and created my char.

I started just outside that fabernum tower, it was nighttime and really dark outside so I decided to explore the tower. I had already seen pics of it, but I was still surprised about how good it looked. Then I decided to go to the lower floor. Big mistake.

My character fell through the floor, and got stuck swimming in some underworld. As I couldnt get out, I tried suiciding. My char died 60 seconds later, as it should, so I pressed "to nearest shrine". I waited the countdown to end and... "unexpected error, suicide failed". So ok, no, problem, I tried again, same error, better try a quick relog.

When I load up, my char is no longer bellow the world geometry, its next to the tower again but with a twist: its stuck waist deep in the stone floor. "to nearest shrine" didnt work again and then server message says "reboot in 10".

So I waited a bit, came back, created a new character, decided to stay away from the tower and walked around for a bit. But then I noticed I had alot of skills that didnt make sense, I chose a recruit, why do I have stuff like material lore and just basic combat skills? So i remembered people saying the menu where u choose the background was bugged and was actually mirrored. I thought it had been fixed by now (maybe it was and my skills were how they should be, my bad) so I just created another char.

Upon creating it, I pressed enter world and the game crashed. Tried again, sword spinning for a bit and game crashed again. Tried yet again, sword spinned for a long while and I had to ctrl+alt+del because it wasnt going anywhere.

"Back to the other char" I said to myself . I ran for a bit exploring, noticing how great the sunrise was, how the game has such a great look to it even with the irregular edges and bad textures, planning to explore a bit and see the new animals.

I fell down a cliff and tried resting a bit to regain hp. After about 10 seconds game crashed again.

I dunno what to say. I want to play this game. I want my friends to play it. I like everything about it.

Can we seriously, realistically, expect a smooth launch 1 week from now? I hope so, but I got seriously disappointed today.

/rant

born2puke is offline Add to born2puke's Reputation vbrep_register("879898")Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Fab basement *rollseyes* that's one small area though, clearly bugs that affect you where ever need to be sorted first.

I only had game crashes (virtual memory) when i had shadows on, everything on max, bloom, blurr on ect. The game looks great without the extras like shadows and doesn't crash then.

• SillypantsSillypants Member Posts: 33

Really?

Skill System is fixed

Weather has literally been introduced today, it works fine although it needs improvements such as how many lightning flashes / sky texture with constrasting weathers. The devs stated that it's the basic system.

Lag is fixed.

Nowgame.exe fixed

Houses,Theif System and Guilds have been removed since the "engine" upgrade.  How does this imply they still work?

Regardless they are still NOT in game.

Skill system is still bugged

Lag IS not fixed, how can you speak for all players?

So no ones crashing?  LOL

AI still buggy

SV even lists some of the above as KNOWN ISSUES!!!

A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies.

Really?

Skill System is fixed

Lag is fixed.

Nowgame.exe fixed

Houses,Theif System and Guilds have been removed since the "engine" upgrade.  How does this imply they still work?

AI still buggy

The game hasn't released, so they don't have to be in again yet.

Skill system isn't bugged, however when creating a new character the roles you click on are in reverse.

Lag is fixed, if someone suffers lag which no one else is - it's his specc not the games problem.

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Really?

Skill System is fixed

Lag is fixed.

Nowgame.exe fixed

AI still buggy

the beta  house system was taken out because the houses was only placeholders in the beta.

the beta guild system is getting a overhaul for release.

the skill system is bugged, but its not game breaking and it worked before and i think it be easy ploblem to address.

lag is only client side now, so if you suffer lag, it only appears on your screen while on everyone elses its fine and i can tell you this, i tried to play while downloading and uploading on utorrent and hte lag was not that bad, i was still able to play alright.

crashes happen in all games ,it depends on the person system but they fixed all the bugs that came around the last patch with the last client, for example you do not crash when you gather anymore or crash 10 mins into the game unless you got your settings to full in which you may get a virtual memory error

the AI is not as buggy as it was before, it doenst fly around no nomore, most of the AI are on the floor and run around and sometimes they do not attack you but its better then it was before when it did work but they flew around the world, and if i remember correctly that AI is only basic and sv have plans to enchance it so we see mobs raiding cities and so on.

when you see double npc's its because a node has crashed.

they know they are issues to the developers, but they have to prioritize things to do first.

• LastChimeLastChime Member Posts: 107

Their june 1st ninja patch worked pretty well, maybe they're getting better at it, or maybe the new UE and Atlas actualy do make stuff easier for em. Either way progress is good.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

The game hasn't released, so they don't have to be in again yet.

Skill system isn't bugged, however when creating a new character the roles you click on are in reverse.

Lag is fixed, if someone suffers lag which no one else is - it's his specc not the games problem.

Unless he's on dialup, or his brother is busy downloading on bittorrent, I fail to see how "his spec" can be responsible for lag. We're talking about latency here, not poor video performance.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

hmmm...

I wonder if the OP and friends have an alterior motive?

Its hard to believe someone would spend so much time and energy compiling lists of why people should not like the game unless they have something to personally gain by it's failure.... just saying.

This discussion has been closed.