Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

high hardware requirements

sargos7sargos7 Member UncommonPosts: 77

can i get a list of some of the current most hardware demanding games, in other words the ones with the best graphics...

<.<

Comments

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Crysis

End of thread.

• sargos7sargos7 Member UncommonPosts: 77

i meant games that are already out...

...please dont tell me you meant the first crysis...

<.<

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

age of conan (till lord of the ring release dx 11 version(should be soon)

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Crysis(Yes first Crysis), Metro 2033.

• MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286

Metro 2033 Max everthing...

That game is friggin win.

• sargos7sargos7 Member UncommonPosts: 77

ok so let me reword it, i guess...

does anyone know of a reputable site that categorizes game by graphics requirements so i can sort it like that?

...or at least can someone continue adding to this LIST so that it's more than just a couple games?

and can i get some action/adventure games, not just fps games? ...please dont bother listing the games that are advertised everywhere that everyone knows about and that are stupidly obvious...

<.<

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Yes, because there is going to be some underground game with completly epic graphics... If the developer is going to spend all the money developing the engine, or paying for one with the high requirements of next gen equipment, then I'm sure they are going to advertise the hell out of it in order to make back some of their investment.

Either way, the're not many super high req. games out at the moment aside from all the old ones.  You may want to try entropia universe, it uses the Cry2 engine, but I dont know if they fully use it or not.

Good luck anyway, mate.

Most developers are not going to push PC requirements.  They are going to be aiming for the lowest common denominator within reason on the PC.  Thats why the list is so short.  Most games on the list don't really suffer from pushing the graphics too far, they suffer from poor optimization.  Here is a run down of games that can be demanding.

1. Metro2033

2. Crysis

3. STALKER: Call of Pripyat

4. Age of Conan

5. Last Remnant
  • LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

Just cause 2

On of the view ive seen that require dx10

Recommended:

• Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or equivalen

• Memory: 3GB system Memory

• Hard Drive:

• Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)

• Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card

• DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10.1

Ohh yea, Just Cause 2 can be on the list.  However I think Eidos was a little ambivalent on the requirements.  You can play this game on alot lower then an HD5750, especially if you can use a GTS250 on it.  I would say out of ATI cards, the limit is an HD4670 which is 2 steps lower then what Eidos specified.  That would pretty much include all these cards HD3850 and up, HD4670 and up, HD5650 and up, GeForce 8800, GeForce 9600 and up, GTS240 and up, (none from the GTX3xx series) GTS465 and up

• AntherionerAntherioner Member UncommonPosts: 9

I play on a 9800gtx+ and i got 35 fps while playing just cause 2 all max AA 2x.my graphics card is a little better than a gts250 so there is no way that a 8800gts could play this game over medium(even if it is a beast)

DIdn't say plays it on high.  Also the 8800GTS has pretty much the same performance numbers as a 9800GT.  There really wasn't much of a step up that generation.  It was just a move from the G80 to G92 chipset.  The chipset was more like a revision to make it run cooler and require less electricity through a smaller die process then one to stomp the floor on performance numbers.