Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows the Housing ?? Or is it even in yet?

DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

I am quite interested to find a game that can replace my Asheron's Call addiction !!! (God I miss that game)

I heard this game is classless, and large world to explore,  but hows the housing too ?? I am a person loves to have housing and also good customization on housing (like in SWG)

I am downloading the trial, so can you guys let me know how was it ?

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Amen to AC I played  for 7yrs and yes its like that.,

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

So this game is like AC ?? GREAT !!

How about the world ?? is it zoning ? or like in AC with a huge world to explore? almost without zoning ?? (other than some instanced lair and such) ??

Its like AC where you go in portals and such.. and some dungeons we are recuiting look at my post if you decide to play as well..

The bad part teh trial server is on its own server so if you play you won't be on the pay server unless  u buy it sadly they did that . But most people whould know if they like a game with in a few hrs.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

thx for info.... i am really interested to this

if is something like AC (i know won't be 100% similar) with better graphic... i'm all games !!!

However, from what I gather the housing is quite disappointing

=(

oh well......

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Don't get your hopes up.  I was all excited for this game then after a day of playing I couldn't take it anymore.  To me it's simply not fun.

well not every game is for everone... and not everyone will like the same games thats why there are so many, just because you may not like it, doesnt mean everyone will, the game has a fair amount of people enjoying it like myself..

I have played every P2P on the market, this has the old school feel, you may be a tad younger and some younger folks would not like the old school feel, as many of them like there hand held, this game does not hld your hand. Liek WOW and many others.

Not saying you do to the poster above me just saying , I have seen this alot in many MMO's, I love fallen earth some people hate it, because that game doesn;t hold your hand, and many wills ay its to hard to they hated it etc and the main reason people said they disliked it because it was to hard for them, the learning curve.

Craft of gods has a learning curve to, it doesn;t have awesome graphics like AOC of some others but its not bad either, I think its looks pretty good, so its like in the middle. Also I like that this company works with the community unlike many games today so I see a good future for COG, I think the main thing for COG is getting it out there and aware..

The problem may be for COG is some of the younger genertion may shy away where the older folks will not, kinda like FE, it has a decent player base but not a WOW player base and we are fine with that as I don;t want a WOW player base, thats whay ruined WOW for vets I think was the huge player base and the easy mode.. The huge player base you end up with jerks.. more often see in asheron call 1 we had a good player base back then but it was tight knit.. which we loved so to the OP he may love the game as its similair in the old school way of AC, its not like AC in many ways but it is in some ways..

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

To be be honest the game is okay.  The learning curve really isn't that steep.  I would say the only reason there is a learning curve is the lack of polish.  Lots of skill information is left out or invalid.  Quest are hard to organize.  Who/which NPC gave the quest, which town... is poory done.  The quest book is wonky.  Also the map is wierd, you have to cycle through all three maps just see the map you want.

The community is small.  And it's vital to have a good community when the game is small.  But there are alot adolescents playing (they act-young).  Alot of greif players too, level 10-20's kiling new players.

Game is good, need polish.

• HawkaronHawkaron Member UncommonPosts: 208

Originally posted by momodig

To be be honest the game is okay.  The learning curve really isn't that steep.  I would say the only reason there is a learning curve is the lack of polish.  Lots of skill information is left out or invalid.  Quest are hard to organize.  Who/which NPC gave the quest, which town... is poory done.  The quest book is wonky.  Also the map is wierd, you have to cycle through all three maps just see the map you want.

The community is small.  And it's vital to have a good community when the game is small.  But there are alot adolescents playing (they act-young).  Alot of greif players too, level 10-20's kiling new players.

Game is good, need polish.

So? Will you continue paying for this game?

So far I have been annoyed with the map and some control issues, but game seems fine. It's got a good frame to work up on and with some polish, it may be quite successful. Pretty worried about how the heck this company will keep up with so few players, though. I am only on the trial server (wth is up with that) and I have not even seen a single player throughout the mere two hours I have spent. One would expect to see more players on trial than those paying, so shouldn't this justify the main server would pretty much feel as empty, just emptier. Anyone that can confirm?

This is the best signature ever. Well, it is really up to you to decide. :x