Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why criticize it?

13»

Comments

• TaisharXTaisharX Member Posts: 34

Taken and quoted from the thread "NCsoft as publisher ? lol fail"

Quote originally posted by "Palomides"

:-

"NC Soft Korea does not "pull the strings", they simply own the subsidiary that the developer is under - that would be more likely in the case of a merger where the two companies combined, but in this case the larger simply bought the smaller for strategic reasons that I'm sure you couldn't begin to understand.  Also, 3 of ArenaNet's top guys moved into top tier spots in NC West; the CEO, CTO, and President of NC West are all from ArenaNet - I'm sure they do the string pulling.  ArenaNet's people run NC West, NC West runs Arena Net.  NC West reports to NC Soft Korea strictly in terms of operations and profitability - not on a creative or development level, which is the only thing that should concern players.

ArenaNet is in control of GW2 - look at every interview, it's all ArenaNet's poeple and it's being developed in their studio in the US."

I think this guy says it pretty well really.

No real need to say anything else.

Get your heads around Publishers and Developers.

Easy way to remember, publishers are ussually the arseholes.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

GW2 is going to deliver as much if not more content than most other "A" established studios that delivered to us WAR, AoC, STO, etc.

So, rather than criticizing a mmorpg that provides rich depth and breadth of content, the kiddies should be asking themselves 'why the hell and I paying $15/month for this other load?'

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Originally posted by Khors

GW2 is going to deliver as much if not more content than most other "A" established studios that delivered to us WAR, AoC, STO, etc.

So, rather than criticizing a mmorpg that provides rich depth and breadth of content, the kiddies should be asking themselves 'why the hell and I paying $15/month for this other load?'

Wow. Hardly anyone in this thread has said a negative word about GW2, yet you're already defensive. 

It's fanbois like this that make people say bad things about a game just because they are sick of hearing them talking about how great the game is when they haven't played it any more than the rest of us.

Thanks for providing an example of the hypocrisy behind the whole 'Why criticize it?' attitude.

Originally posted by xaldraxius

Wow. Hardly anyone in this thread has said a negative word about GW2, yet you're already defensive. 

It's fanbois like this that make people say bad things about a game just because they are sick of hearing them talking about how great the game is when they haven't played it any more than the rest of us.

Thanks for providing an example of the hypocrisy behind the whole 'Why criticize it?' attitude.

Wow, man.  Welcome to the fleecing of unsuspecting subscribers in the mmorpg genre by other studios while AN provides more content for a more reasonable business model;  pay for content, not a social gathering.

It wasnt a negative word I said about GW2, unless you have reading comprehension issues, but a very supportive one based on ArenaNet's consumer-centric business practices.

So yea...unless someone purposely wants to roll-over and take it from other studios for some grandios self-righteous purpose of having to feed their need to fork over cash, why not question a proven business practice of offering great breadth and depth of gameplay jusxaposed to other titles that ask you to pay more for less?

It wasnt a negative word I said about GW2, unless you have reading comprehension issues, but a very supportive one based on ArenaNet's consumer-centric business practices.

No no, you misunderstand. You. Are. A. Fanboy. Of course you didn't say anything negative.

On that note, I have yet to say one negative thing about this game or ArenaNet at all. I have no problem with the game, I don't even have a problem with fanboys who talk about how great the game is going to be. It's not until you, or any other fanboy of any other game, start saying that anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion is a 'kiddie' or, in any other terms, less important or informed than yourselves that I feel the need to speak up.

That's what is wrong with the 'Why Criticize it?' mentality, because it says that the only opinion that matters is a possitive one, or, in even a more literal sense when it comes right down to it, your own.

And yes, I know that belittling you by calling you a fanboy makes me a hypocrite, but I take comfort in the fact that my opinion IS more valid than yours.

No no, you misunderstand. You. Are. A. Fanboy. Of course you didn't say anything negative.

On that note, I have yet to say one negative thing about this game or ArenaNet at all. I have no problem with the game, I don't even have a problem with fanboys who talk about how great the game is going to be. It's not until you, or any other fanboy of any other game, start saying that anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion is a 'kiddie' or, in any other terms, less important or informed than yourselves that I feel the need to speak up.

That's what is wrong with the 'Why Criticize it?' mentality, because it says that the only opinion that matters is a possitive one, or, in even a more literal sense when it comes right down to it, your own.

And yes, I know that belittling you by calling you a fanboy makes me a hypocrite, but I take comfort in the fact that my opinion IS more valid than yours.

No no no. You misunderstand.  Look at my message.  Im not a fanboi...im not defensive, just stating facts as a conciensous observer.  But eventhough your on record for not saying anything negative about ArenaNet, your ok with saying negative things about others that see the historical positive.  I really dont give a sh*& either way, just calling a spade a spade.

And your hypocrisy is wonderful as no one elses opinion is as more astute as yours; well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, pot.

The conecept of criticizing in the case of ArenaNet transcends just your garden variety opinion.  The OP asks, "why criticize a game that isn't even out yet."  And i mention that if there was one studio that has been more supportive and giving to a mmorpgcommunity with their breadth and depth of game-play content without a monthly subscription, its ArenaNet.  But no, you have to swing your unsupportive 'opinion' about criticizing for the sake of criticism because its fashionable, and according to me, its what the puppets do that feel this overwelming need to feed cash to other studios that have products that hardly warrent a monthly subscription compared to similar entertainment you get from ArenaNet.

But hey, thats my opinion.

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294

Anet recently banned thousands of bots. And in great style,  Dhuum, the god of the dead appeared and cut the characters in half with its scythe.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Because the criticisms of Guild Wars brought about the innovative advances and changes in Guild Wars 2.

I seriously doubt the A-Net team takes the childish flaming seriously.   They do take criticism into account and improve their game accordingly.   Remember when you had to earn attribute points to change your build?  People hated that and it inhibited build experimentation and diversity.  After criticism it was changed to the attribute system we have now.  Likewise the current build system can sometimes fall to gimmicks and require an arcane understanding of how the numbers fit together.  As a response to a lot of criticism skill and role synergy will be different, more intuitive, in Guild Wars 2.  So when people read about how systems will work they are giving feedback based on their initial impression.

If anything this is good for the ANet team.  They have given gamers a lot of concrete details concerning their upcoming systems and they can gather valuable feedback based on responses.  The fact that they gave us such good details allows us to give them more valuable criticism or praise.  It also lets them know that people are talking about their game, even if they're spouting a bunch of blather.

That is why the criticism is good.

Constructive criticism is good. And you can only be constructive if you know all of the details. Right now we have a few vague ideas, some lore, and that's about it. Really sort of pointless to give criticism at this stage in the game.

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271

Because kids hiding behind there computers think that they are the ultimate oracles.

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

No no no. You misunderstand.  Look at my message.  Im not a fanboi...im not defensive, just stating facts as a conciensous observer.  But eventhough your on record for not saying anything negative about ArenaNet, your ok with saying negative things about others that see the historical positive.  I really dont give a sh*& either way, just calling a spade a spade.

And your hypocrisy is wonderful as no one elses opinion is as more astute as yours; well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, pot.

The conecept of criticizing in the case of ArenaNet transcends just your garden variety opinion.  The OP asks, "why criticize a game that isn't even out yet."  And i mention that if there was one studio that has been more supportive and giving to a mmorpgcommunity with their breadth and depth of game-play content without a monthly subscription, its ArenaNet.  But no, you have to swing your unsupportive 'opinion' about criticizing for the sake of criticism because its fashionable, and according to me, its what the puppets do that feel this overwelming need to feed cash to other studios that have products that hardly warrent a monthly subscription compared to similar entertainment you get from ArenaNet.

But hey, thats my opinion.

lol... cool enough bro. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that was my whole point. Not everyone's opinion is as important or relevant as my own, but that's just one of the many drawbacks of being superior. It's such a curse. image

• DoktorianDoktorian Member Posts: 131

Woops... when I made this thread I didn't mean to make so much conflict... I should've rephrased it. Instead of criticize I should've wrote flame. Unfortunately at the time I couldn't think of the word. Anyway really the whole point I made this was to actually say that you shouldn't flame something and make up information to back it up. I swear I saw someone make up information on an older thread (I don't feel like taking 30 min. to look for it) and they said it would be the worst thing ever and listed made up info! Anyway, sorry for all of you who I may have offended in naming the thread this name....