Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEAKED TOR GUIDE!?

13»

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by maskedweasel

As for the group experience,  grouping is based on choice.  If you can stand being presumptuous ( and I know you can, as you spend much of your time presuming) we can take into account that the grouping factor is entirely optional at any point in the game.  You can group whilst being on a class mission or group on a grouped mission.  If these new articles are in place to enhance the single player experience, which I feel you have corroborated on, and you can group during them, at any various stage, it would be simple to infer that by enhancing one experience, you enhance the other.

Oh, MW, you know I have already posted on the issues reagrding the classes having separate quest lines and starting planets and how those will divide the players, not bring them together.

Even in WoW, you can roll a mage and warrior or a priest and a hunter and play right from the very beginning with all but a very few class quests being available for both players. That is not the case in SWTOR (from what we have been told).

If you roll a BH, and I roll a SW, we don`t start on the same planet (and who knows how long it takes before we can join up), and we will either be playing your story or mine. It won`t be our story.

That honestly doesn`t concern you WRT group play?

Sure, it concerns me that when I start a smuggler and my friend starts a jedi that I might not be able to group with him through the tutorial or wherever I end up.  Maybe I won't have enough money for an interstellar taxi until level 10?  I don't really know.    What I do know is that if I want to group, I'll be able to group with another smuggler though.

I don't know what to expect.  The distance between those I want to group with may be cause for some slight discomfort at the early stages, but in the grand scheme of things low levels are only a small portion of my expected game experience.  I would say that the level at which you can leave and meet other types of players could be considered a valid concern... and only time will tell how it will be addressed.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

The Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter in last year's demo were like level 6-8 and have different starting planets, so it doesn't seem like you'll have to wait too long to group.

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

The Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter in last year's demo were like level 6-8 and have different starting planets, so it doesn't seem like you'll have to wait too long to group.

Very good point, I'm surprised I didn't catch that!  

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

It might be meaningful, or it might have little meaning. It depends on how long will it take to get to level 6 or 8.

In any case, it still doesn`t change the fact that you will not be doing the same quests. It will be your quest, or your buddy`s quest. Unless you go for the generic `group`quest. Which are probably not going to be as involved or in-depth as the class story lines.

Anyway, I`m done with this. Some people refuse to see what is right in front of them. GL with your game.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

It might be meaningful, or it might have little meaning. It depends on how long will it take to get to level 6 or 8.

In any case, it still doesn`t change the fact that you will not be doing the same quests. It will be your quest, or your buddy`s quest. Unless you go for the generic `group`quest. Which are probably not going to be as involved or in-depth as the class story lines.

Anyway, I`m done with this. Some people refuse to see what is right in front of them. GL with your game.

Thanks, and you with your... non...game?

If it takes you an hour to do the tutorial before you can group, so what?  AoC you could get to level 5 in like 5 minutes of doing the single player tutorial before you could meet up with others and group.

How do you know you won't be doing the same quests?  In LotRO I can go to a different races' starting area and do those quests either solo or with others, and they're still "mine".  Interesting no-win scenario you're trying to develop...being able to help out another player with a class quest doesn't count as group content, and then dismissing any group content that isn't class specific as "generic" lol.  Who cares who's quest it is?  Do you get XP and a reward for doing it?

Seeing how we haven't been given any details on open world/non-class specific quests, you can go on assuming they don't exist or will suck.  I'll wait until closer to launch and/or seeing for myself before pronouncing doom and gloom.  I suspect we haven't seen the last of you in this forum, despite your goodbye.   

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by necredon

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Damn it, spacebar is for pausing the damn game! What the hell are they thinking?

Uh, what?  Looks like spacebar=jump to me.

Nice find OP.  Looks like they've been doing "friends and family" stage testing since November.  Too bad they couldn't leak out something more interesting than basic ui stuff.

Kotor 1 & 2 used space for pauzing the game :).

And pauze in an mmorpg.. Get it?

I wonder if eyeswideopen realises what he did, I think we should have a discussion on how he would implement a pause feature in an MMO and why ? It would nearly be as amusing as this thread.

If it takes you an hour to do the tutorial before you can group, so what?  AoC you could get to level 5 in like 5 minutes of doing the single player tutorial before you could meet up with others and group.

How do you know you won't be doing the same quests?  In LotRO I can go to a different races' starting area and do those quests either solo or with others, and they're still "mine".  Interesting no-win scenario you're trying to develop...being able to help out another player with a class quest doesn't count as group content, and then dismissing any group content that isn't class specific as "generic" lol.  Who cares who's quest it is?  Do you get XP and a reward for doing it?

Seeing how we haven't been given any details on open world/non-class specific quests, you can go on assuming they don't exist or will suck.  I'll wait until closer to launch and/or seeing for myself before pronouncing doom and gloom.  I suspect we haven't seen the last of you in this forum, despite your goodbye.   

Bioware , have stated that all the storyarcs are unique per class.... I guess you could choose not to believe them.

Originally posted by Isane

I wonder if eyeswideopen realises what he did, I think we should have a discussion on how he would implement a pause feature in an MMO and why ? It would nearly be as amusing as this thread.

STO has, or did have, a pause feature.  You could pause the game for up to 45 seconds.  Not sure how that worked out in groups though.

Bioware , have stated that all the storyarcs are unique per class.... I guess you could choose not to believe them.

Not sure what your point is.  I was commenting on their setup not really hurting grouping.  A dev said only 10% of the game was instanced, meaning there should be plenty of non-class quests to do.

Not sure what your point is.  I was commenting on their setup not really hurting grouping.  A dev said only 10% of the game was instanced, meaning there should be plenty of non-class quests to do.

Just clarifying that SWTOR have stated that the class storyarc quests are all unique, so a lot of solo content.

Not sure I can really add anyting to the rest of what you said as I agree with you. I expect most content outside of storyarcs to be available to people who meet the requirements as per most MMOs/ group /guild and some limited PvP nothing to indicate all of the bse feature arent in.

I edited this post wrong earlier was that Doubter who was saying goodby ?

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Character creation features slider bars! Great news there, I was thinking it would all be preset options due to recent statements; also first and last name, which is a nice addition.

Also some interesting points on combat, the rest is just standard information...

slider bars..cool   nothing about races it says gender and class....which i know the one playable race has been said but this  gives me little hope for anything other then simply humans with different skin tones...kind of a deal breaker

• ben_jiiben_jii Member Posts: 6

I am going to strike out and say I believe this is faked. I don't know why someone would go through the trouble, to do this and I may be wrong but here are my reasons:

Everything on there is easily inferred or has been shown in videos. There is nothing here that gives any real information that I think would be included on something like this such as travel, even if it was really basic.

Lots of the guide seems to not give any real helpful knowledge but instead just seems to want to prove itself to be real by putting in little details that you could see if you pay extra attention to the videos.

The whole thing about action points/force points doesn't make sence to me. For one I believe they have multiple ways of handling action points based on class mechanics. I think this is stated although I don't have a source on hand. The term Force Points sounds silly I don't believe that is what they would call them.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

It was called Force bar in SWG, in precu.

Do they even have a force bar anymore or does everything use action now?

O I still believe this is a crock though