Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twink PvP?

silverjakksilverjakk Member Posts: 11

*Puts on Helm with +5 Flame Resistance*

Sadly I think the most fun I've had in an MMO was when I used to play a 19 twink holy priest in WoW.

I haven't played that game in years though and don't feel like going back.

So now I'm looking for a game where I can pvp but not have to go through the endless grind of getting new items whenever expansions/patches come out.

I am not looking for a game where I can just wtfpwn people.  I am just sick of constant leveling and gearing.  Once is enough.

p2p or f2p, I don't really care.

I would like it to be an MMORPG, not a FPS or RTS MMO.

Well hopefully you guys can give some good suggestions.  Thanks :)

Comments

• DeathOnWingsDeathOnWings Member Posts: 16

Warhammer have an endless trial, so you can pvp all you want up to lvl 10.

And there is alot of "twink" players out there and the T1 zone is very populated so you will probably have a blast.

• AmbreAmbre Member UncommonPosts: 104

I second the WAR endless trial, it has become a giant twinkfest. Even players with active accounts sometime get a separate trial account so they can twink their level 10 with the best possible talismans (like WoW gems) and stay in T1 forever. And it stinks less than WoW twinking for regular players, because T1 is really fast in WAR and you can still get your renown there with no issue.

PS : and choose Badlands (US) as a server, it's the most active and definitely the most fun atm. RvR is 24/7 and scenarios are almost instant.

Check my blog on mmorpg.com.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

I've always thought "Twinks" (worst word to lable yourself unless you REALLY are a twink) is rather silly. I can see where it may work for games like war, considering most claim the fun part is what, the first 20 levels? But in a game like WoW, I think it's a bit dumb to avoid all the top level pvp, this is when everything your class has to offer is available for you. Thankfully twinking seems to be dead on my server, probably because Twink players are no longer getting the free kills they use to. 

Thanks XP lock. People can play and learn without being one shot by some gay (literally) termed player.

• silverjakksilverjakk Member Posts: 11

I know lots of people despise twinking.  Thats fine, it's your opinion.

I played a healer back when I twinked and I only pugged.

I would just heal everyone I saw.  I liked healing some lowbie through a twinks damage.

Whether someone plays a game at endgame or not, it's just about whether you finally found an MMO that is fun for you.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys!  I'm going to download the WAR endless trial right now :)

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I love twinking toons. They only people who don't are people who can't(newbs).

Unfortunately, the only only games I know of are WoW and EQ. No pvp in EQ, though.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

I've been keeping myself at levels 29 (and 30 in the future) in Aion. Too many quests to be done (yeah, pointless as you will eventually outlevel, but that's just me playing my way, I want to complete the repeatable quests), and while I am doing them I've been spending what I earn in gear for that level, being currently able to take down people around levels higher than me.

Anyway, I'm nowhere near close to the "maximum" gear I could get at these levels, so there's definitely room for "twinking" (with 1.9 there will be PvP gear every 5 levels starting from 25 rather than every 10 starting from 30). In fact, these gears will take so long to be acquired, that it's like they were made especially for twinking, combined with the mobs not dropping loot after a certain level difference (which makes it possible to have an interesting profit that way to be able to fund your stuff), it really seems like they didn't want everyone to be at the level cap. Enchanting equipment in this game gives the same benefits no matter the equipment level - a +10 bow will have 40 attack added to it, no matter if it's a level 30 or level 50 bow.

Level 40 twinks are able to fight against badly-geared level 50 characters, as long as you're not twinking a spellcaster (too many resists due to level difference).

So that's my experience, being able to play the game at a certain level range rather than heading for the end game everybody seems so eager to reach in themepark MMOs.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Out of the games that I have played, Vanguard gave twinks the most power. I used to have a twink in every tier and did nothing but build their infamy into the thousands over a couple years of time. The classes were very imbalanced and there was a lot of broken things to take advantage of . .. like Druids which could 2-shot pretty much anyone regardless of their level and gear. I had a level 8 cleric who could solo a full group of level 15s and a level 16 bard who could kill level 50 necros and psi. A level 24 Druid or Shaman could kill 50s, twinked or not. Unfortunately I had to quit because the game became so dead that I could ride around for hours and not find a single person . .. I have tried creating twinks in other games but it doesn't really compare to the first couple years that Vanguard was out.

I thought that Warhammer was a terrible PVP game. I was willing to look past the cartoony graphics and give it a shot but it really is not fun.  The first tier is OK . .. but it is also instanced just like WoW, Aion, AoC, etc. which also does not let twinks shine as much. I tried to recreate my Vanguard experience in several games but luckily I found Darkfall which has been the funnest PVP that I have ever played. The PVP is pretty slow and not all that often (creating a 'twink' is pretty much non-existant in this game and it would take over a year of active play to build a character that is considered wtfOP) but it is full-loot FFA PVP with a very realistic feel so the adrenaline rush tops all other PVP experiences that I have ever had. You can build a character that can take down 'max-level' characters in about 2 months of play if you actively PVP or duel a lot and are willing to go with archery/melee primarily.

If you do find a game out there where it is fun to create twink, please let me know!

I did have fun twinking a few low level toons in Age of Conan but there is no death penalty in an instanced world that has a lot of invisible walls so it is not something that will keep you entertained for that long.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA