Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Former Australian Penthouse star Sharon Hemmings talks about her avid PvP adventures in Age of Conan

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Link: http://mmorpg.gamezone.com/previews/item/age_of_conan_pvp_interview/

Interesting read:

Snippet:

You’ve been described as a die-hard PvP gamer. What attracts you to that style of gaming and what do you think it takes to make someone good in that gaming arena?

Sharon: I never really was a hardcore PVPer until I joined the guild Legion in Flames on Cimmeria (one of Age of Conan‘s PvP servers), and met the guild leader Kaine. Here is a man whom I absolutely adore. He took me from a horrid player who was pretty lost and had no clue, and nurtured me into the strong woman gamer I am today. My courage and strength come from the intense PvP training he instilled upon me and from the family he created within our guild.

What attracts me to this game is the people, first and foremost; it‘s a community. And then the game itself is just beautiful. Funcom has really made a visual experience worth exploring. AoC is a rush, the people are from all walks of life; so I find myself in a constant state of learning, it’s definitely one of the most fun hobbies I have had thus far.

Anyone besides me think this quote is a bit over the top?  Sounds like she's accepting a beauty pagent award or something?  Who talks like this?  Oh well, fun read Avery, thanks for sharing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Fun to read.. but yeah - a little OTT ;).

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

This is all true she is on my server and in a rival guild of ours.  I play with a lot of Australians and have fought her a number of times.  She is actually pretty badass. 

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Link: http://mmorpg.gamezone.com/previews/item/age_of_conan_pvp_interview/

Interesting read:

Snippet:

You’ve been described as a die-hard PvP gamer. What attracts you to that style of gaming and what do you think it takes to make someone good in that gaming arena?

Sharon: I never really was a hardcore PVPer until I joined the guild Legion in Flames on Cimmeria (one of Age of Conan‘s PvP servers), and met the guild leader Kaine. Here is a man whom I absolutely adore. He took me from a horrid player who was pretty lost and had no clue, and nurtured me into the strong woman gamer I am today. My courage and strength come from the intense PvP training he instilled upon me and from the family he created within our guild.

What attracts me to this game is the people, first and foremost; it‘s a community. And then the game itself is just beautiful. Funcom has really made a visual experience worth exploring. AoC is a rush, the people are from all walks of life; so I find myself in a constant state of learning, it’s definitely one of the most fun hobbies I have had thus far.

Anyone besides me think this quote is a bit over the top?  Sounds like she's accepting a beauty pagent award or something?  Who talks like this?  Oh well, fun read Avery, thanks for sharing.

Yeah I thought that too, I would like to say it's true story too like Prof Red says. Seen her on Cimmeria a few times. I just put it up to share a sample of one particular female PvP mindset. I still prefer SevenWinds PvE mindset :)

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

ya, she is in the same guild i am in, she has been in lif longer than quite a few people.

everything in the article both read and seen is true.

cant really say anything else other than laughing my ass off at all the bitter comments i am reading about either not being real or snide jabs about her not being a female gamer.

which slogan i should say this time:

gotta love the internetz.. or  haters gotta hate.....

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

I'll take a different approach to this topic that people probably won't like.

It's becoming the in thing for hot women to talk about the video games they play. I'm not saying they're all lying about it, but I will wager some are and more will in the future just because it has become cool to be a very attractive/famous woman and play video games.

But I still agree with what other people say which is, who cares anyways? I could care less who is controlling the pixels in a game. I'm more impressed by in game skill then I am by who is behind it.

actually I agree with you. I think we'll be seeing more and more "hot chicks" not to mention celebrities of all sorts admit they game on some level.

Of course we will. I'd say 80-90% of the males not just here but in gaming think act like Johnny Bravo when it comes to women so those in marketing (with input from psychologists) take advantage of it. The majority of gaming guys think with their between the legs brain and not their head and shoulders one when it comes to women. It is what it is. That's why you see so many MMOs have a female Protagonist dressed in some "sexy" way.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Sex sells, that's true.

Other than that, everyone who reads more in that article than that all kinds of people play MMO's, should have his brains and other parts checked.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."