Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

coming back - old content or expansion

AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I have not left Tortage since launch.

I am coming back to AoC and purchasing the expansion of course.  My question is would you suggest heading to the new area after Tortage or doing the old content first?  Is the new area a lot better or is it just different.  If it is just different I might go through the older areas first.

Thoughts?

Edit:  I should add that part of why I left was the Stygian area was so dull looking.  I hated the desert look etc.  I also was not big on the instanced zones (small ones anyway).

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Comments

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I'm all about the new content, man. I've leveled my brand new HoX from 20-38 in ONLY the "Gateway to Khitai" zone. I still have quests to do there, I can see it taking me right to 40 with no problems at all.

Some of the new content is quite interesting and fun. There's a lot of repeatable stuff that you can pick up and do while you're doing other things, and some pretty decent gear.

I'd also like to note that I have not used a single XP potion or offline level point yet.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Nice thanks,

I guess I could always do the expansion and level a second character through the old content :)

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Nice thanks,

I guess I could always do the expansion and level a second character through the old content :)

The expansion covers 20-40, then you level in the old world areas until 80, then the expansion continues from 80.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Ah I see.  thanks for that info as well.  makes the decision easier.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Edit:  I should add that part of why I left was the Stygian area was so dull looking.  I hated the desert look etc.  I also was not big on the instanced zones (small ones anyway).

The other thing is nothing says you have to do the 'X' zone if you don't like it.  Not liking the Stygian zone, you could have moved to the Ag or Cim zones and leveled there.  With the exception of porting to your races core city once you leave Tortage, nothing makes you stay there.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter