Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Mortal Online video 30 May...

HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6eerzBJ9_8

For those without beta access or those having issues getting into game.

I've had the spinning sword for upwards of a 1/2 hour, thinking the server was down id given up. Guess you just have to wait it out.( doesn't  hurt to check the server status thread prior to waiting)

Why oh why cant they have realtime server status?

I win!!! LOL@U

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

My friend made that video.  He will make another one once he is able to play the game without the server being in offline mode, crashing or when the game stops crashing to desktop

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

My friend made that video.  He will make another one once he is able to play the game without the server being in offline mode, crashing or when the game stops crashing to desktop

Yeah...Thanks again to you both. I can stop reinstalling,redownloading and screwing with my router/firewall now. image 

I win!!! LOL@U

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127

Final Release Stage

With the release of the new patch on Thursday the 27th of May we have entered our final release phase. As you can see in the patch notes we have re-activated most of the systems that have been taken down. This was vital so we could ensure the functionality with the new versions of the Unreal Engine and ATLAS.

There will be more (smaller) patches also coming during the final week before release.

The bug tracker has been re-opened for beta testers/customers and we thank all of you who help us to secure a stable and optimized client/world.

Be sure to check our website regularly the coming week for announcements and some interesting updates.

Fansite Kit

We have put together the first version of our Fansite Kit. Including rendered images, logos, mp3s, race artwork and two new wallpapers.

We will upgrade this kit continuously and you will find race symbols, previously unreleased artwork and more there in the coming weeks.           At least they have been making the Fansite Kit better...2 new wallpapers...umm, great....can I have my oney back please..I give up and now am starting to feel a bit abused but will wait 2 weeks AFTER release to admit defeat and will NEVER buy a game before release and reading what others that are currentlly playing have to say. Signed, Fug Git

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by movindude

At least they have been making the Fansite Kit better...2 new wallpapers...umm, great....can I have my oney back please..I give up and now am starting to feel a bit abused but will wait 2 weeks AFTER release to admit defeat and will NEVER buy a game before release and reading what others that are currentlly playing have to say. Signed, Fug Git

Lol... Nice name at the end...  You should have tried to get a refund last year from your credit card company, its kinda too late now.

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Might be awhile...

Odysseus011 vbmenu_register("postmenu_876467", true);

Still Down

Odysseus011 is online now Add to Odysseus011's Reputation vbrep_register("876467")Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Unread Today, 01:12

Luddite vbmenu_register("postmenu_876484", true);

Question

server down

no whisper in the wires

all night long

Luddite is offline Add to Luddite's Reputation vbrep_register("876484")Report Post

Unread Today, 02:03

Bloodmyth vbmenu_register("postmenu_876502", true);

Still Down!

Bloodmyth is online now Add to Bloodmyth's Reputation vbrep_register("876502")Report Post

Unread Today, 02:16

Izzban vbmenu_register("postmenu_876503", true);

Down

"We tend to become like the worst in those we oppose."

Izzban is online now Add to Izzban's Reputation vbrep_register("876503")Report Post

Page 15 of 15

« F

I win!!! LOL@U

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by HanoverZ

I've had the spinning sword for upwards of a 1/2 hour, thinking the server was down id given up. Guess you just have to wait it out.( doesn't  hurt to check the server status thread prior to waiting)

the game engine and network code has been upgraded so it all needs to be tweaked once again and optimized for the server and this is the reason for the increased downtime for the servers.

Originally posted by ange10

the game engine and network code has been upgraded so it all needs to be tweaked once again and optimized for the server and this is the reason for the increased downtime for the servers.

The game hasnt woked correctly since the "upgrade" .  It appears the "upgrade" has made things worse and they still have many features disabled. 

I win!!! LOL@U

The game hasnt woked correctly since the "upgrade" .  It appears the "upgrade" has made things worse and they still have many features disabled. 

it has not been long since the update, and well its not like you have any experince about making games and hosting one on a server and the same with me but i bet its not a easy thing to optermize something as big as mortal online on a server and there are not many features disabled as there is only 3 features disabed currently, theivey,guilds and housing.

there are a few minor bugs also which will get addressed in todays patch.

it has not been long since the update, and well its not like you have any experince about making games and hosting one on a server and the same with me but i bet its not a easy thing to optermize something as big as mortal online on a server and there are not many features disabled as there is only 3 features disabed currently, theivey,guilds and housing.

MO doesnt have many features to begin with, so any missing feature is a big deal.   The few that are on arent working correclty... Like the AI

------ DISABLED SYSTEMS ------

- Housing (Houses, keeps, palisades and bridges)

- Guilds

- Thievery

- Line of sight checks for Magic temporarily turned off.

- Locking/Decreasing of Attributes and Skills.

How many times have we heard the "next patch"? 

it has not been long since the update,

Its been out over 3 weeks and they have 1 week left to fix it. They haven't shown much progress thus far.

I win!!! LOL@U

MO doesnt have many features to begin with, so any missing feature is a big deal.   The few that are on arent working correclty... Like the AI

------ DISABLED SYSTEMS ------

- Housing (Houses, keeps, palisades and bridges)

- Guilds

- Thievery

- Line of sight checks for Magic temporarily turned off.

- Locking/Decreasing of Attributes and Skills.

How many times have we heard the "next patch"? 

exactly 3 major features turned off for improvements.

AI is the only minor bug that affects gameplay.

what do you mean by next patch? because im sure thats just you.

can you explain what you mean by next patch, give me a post by sv saying they will fix what ever bug the next patch but do not, but then say they fix it this time.

from what i remember they just asked how desync was after a server side patch every now and again with a desync feedback thread.

and also desync has been fixed with the new update to engine and server.

EDIT:

just saw your edit.

they have made alot of progess, they have enabled most features when nearly all features was disabled .

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

This video was taken post patch.  Do we have any videos that would counter it and show us the good parts of the game and prove that all the bugs/desync/patching is fixed?  A video in game... post patch.. is worth 1000 posts.  So far the only videos I have seen have continued to show bugs and an incomplete game but I am more than willing to look at new ones that show the other side.

8 days to launch...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

It really sucks that the game is a mess because graphically, it looks fantastic. As the guy in the video said, it's probably the only thing it has going for it. The night time especially looks good. Ah well...

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Same thing is happening for me

Where have all the "good" shills gone?