Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starvault hiring...

2»

Comments

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by EmperorBeld

If anyone thinks the value of the company stock prices equals the health of a company is a F**king Idiot. If a company can hire somebody that means they can, and does not anyone is leaving.  Denny quit months ago. I think 3 or 4 months.

Has anyone said anything about SV stock?  image  SV cant increase spending without notifying the investors and board approval. 

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by AllSeeingGuy

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Well considering your the one using it as a point I suggest you get to work translating something that backs up your claims. And i love the fact you ignored the link to what you said wasn't true. Are you in denial that you was wrong. Is this the blind hate I keep hearing about around here?

Here it is again incase you missed it.

http://www.mortalonline.com/content/jobs

Do i have to add a headbang or a dancing bannana to my post so its legit?

Are you kidding? I POSTED THE LINK WHEN I STARTED THIS THREAD!!! image http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3572976#3572976

Then why are you arguing against yourself?

OMG... Try reading the thread. image 

I win!!! LOL@U

• AllSeeingGuyAllSeeingGuy Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by Chamaro

Opinion? he was stating that SV doesn't have the money to hire new employee based on financial rumors.

These aren't rumors.   Enjoy

http://www.aktietorget.se/QuotesInstrumentNews.aspx?Language=2&InstrumentID=SE0002149369

SV has made no announcement regarding additional staff.

Star Vault is looking for talents in the following areas:image

Originally posted by Chamaro

Opinion? he was stating that SV doesn't have the money to hire new employee based on financial rumors.

These aren't rumors.   Enjoy

http://www.aktietorget.se/QuotesInstrumentNews.aspx?Language=2&InstrumentID=SE0002149369

SV has made no announcement regarding additional staff.

Star Vault is looking for talents in the following areas:image

You might need this http://dictionary.reference.com/ 

You dont seem to grasp the context.

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Think they are a few years late to be looking for a Project Manager imageimageimage

LOL....yeah!!!   Maybe its for the "next" project...

I win!!! LOL@U

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

They are looking for people now based on their projected success of the game.  If the game does well they will need more people and will have the monthly subs to cover it.  You might think that the game will fail but as a business owner I would certainly plan for success.  If it fails the new guys just go home with the rest.

They are obviously out of money though. . you don't need stock market information.  Andreas - Level designer posted in the MO posted something in the +/- thread

Old 1st May 2010, 06:14

Andreas Springare vbmenu_register("postmenu_847255", true);

Level Designer

Rep Power: 11 Andreas Springare is a glorious beacon of lightAndreas Springare is a glorious beacon of lightAndreas Springare is a glorious beacon of lightAndreas Springare is a glorious beacon of lightAndreas Springare is a glorious beacon of light

+ Gives me money to do what I love.

- Don't have enough money to keep the game in Pre-Gold production much longer.

Andreas Springare is offline Add to Andreas Springare's Reputation vbrep_register("847255")Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Who knows if that is actually the case. . I mean who wants to stay in development . . you could be waiting forever.  If they can get what they have now working right by the 9th I will be happy (not sure how long the game would hold my interest as is but I would still play a few months likely)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

They are looking for people now based on their projected success of the game.  If the game does well they will need more people and will have the monthly subs to cover it.  You might think that the game will fail but as a business owner I would certainly plan for success.  If it fails the new guys just go home with the rest.

Why would they need more people in the development areas if the game goes well?  Shouldn't most of the work be behind them and wasn't the "upgrade" supposed to simplify/expedite future development?  I think these will be replacement positions, not additions. As stated earlier, the board hasnt approved any hiring.

I win!!! LOL@U

• HarkkumHarkkum Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Why would they need more people in the development areas if the game goes well?  Shouldn't most of the work be behind them and wasn't the "upgrade" supposed to simplify/expedite future development?  I think these will be replacement positions, not additions. As stated earlier, the board hasnt approved any hiring.

I think it might be that they are actually looking a new project manager to replace the old one, true that. But when it comes to programmers and artists I think that it is what Aethaeryn suggests: if they manage to make it through the launch they will need new content and in order to achieve that goal they need more personnel.

Whether or not they need an approval from the board is atleast something I am not familiar with; atleast elsewhere the operating management makes day-to-day managerial decision that are in line with company's long-term strategy. I would guess that Starvault's strategy was not simply to launch a game and let it linger, but to create and support a succesful game for years to come. According to that strategy hiring new employees would not require any formal acceptance from the board.

I think that Slapshot has said it on a number of threads; now it would be time to just let them sink or swim (or something along those lines). Also, there is an unpleasant reek of circular reasoning with these threads: first you moan from the lack of experience and when they seek for some more of that experience it is deemed sillyness. Hence, you leave them with fairly few options to succeed according to your personal standards, Hanoverz. Maybe the only acceptable solution would be that of giving up and returning the money to those who did pre-order.

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

This is great news, and i hope the company can expand even more and make mortal online a game even better then it is as i like it more then any other mmo currently on the market.

• ThorpeyroxThorpeyrox Member Posts: 125

They're expanding there team - Brilliant it will probably be to take the stress off current team members and to get things done faster / bring new ideas to the table on how to do things.

They have the money to hire these people from somewhere, be it extra investment from their own pockets or loans or someone with a large investment in the business already.

Nope, no one is leaving SV so don't start that rumour... they didn't tell the shareholders? I'm sure the majority shareholders know. Just because you buy a share doesn't mean they have to consult you about everything they do.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

Originally posted by Thorpeyrox

Just because you buy a share doesn't mean they have to consult you about everything they do.

Better let Merlyn and Henrick know that... as they seem to think the have to tell the "stock market" everything (other than this). I think they have use that excuse quite a few  times already...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Just because you buy a share doesn't mean they have to consult you about everything they do.

Better let Merlyn and Henrick know that... as they seem to think the have to tell the "stock market" everything (other than this). I think they have use that excuse quite a few  times already...

I assume you have to tell everyone who owns enough stock to have a say in how the company is run, which I'm sure a couple of large investors will want to be informed and have their say.

They have the money to hire these people from somewhere, be it extra investment from their own pockets or loans or someone with a large investment in the business already.

Nope, no one is leaving SV so don't start that rumour... they didn't tell the shareholders? I'm sure the majority shareholders know. Just because you buy a share doesn't mean they have to consult you about everything they do.

They do not have the money...period. You cant argue the facts , read SVs own reports.   For the 10x time, SV cant inceases spending without notifying especially when it puts them into the red.  People have already announced they are leaving SV.

How many times has Henrik used the public traded/board angle as an excuse for poor/slow communications

I win!!! LOL@U

They do not have the money...period. You cant argue the facts , read SVs own reports.   For the 10x time, SV cant inceases spending without notifying especially when it puts them into the red.  People have already announced they are leaving SV.

How many times has Henrik used the public traded/board angle as an excuse for poor/slow communications

Because they had no money doesn't mean large investors won't pump more money in to the project, especially when it's as beneficial to the project as a few more members of staff would be. SV can increase spending because hey look, they are.

People have not  announced they're leaving SV, I believe one artist is leaving for a completely different career path.

Yes when someone invests millions in to a project they will want a say in how things are done most of the time and they will most definately want to be updated with situations that could affect their return on capital employed.

Because they had no money doesn't mean large investors won't pump more money in to the project, especially when it's as beneficial to the project as a few more members of staff would be. SV can increase spending because hey look, they are.

People have not  announced they're leaving SV, I believe one artist is leaving for a completely different career path.

Yes when someone invests millions in to a project they will want a say in how things are done most of the time and they will most definately want to be updated with situations that could affect their return on capital employed.

Matters like this arent open to your interpretation, there are very clear guidelines. image

Isnt leaving for any reason leaving? image

I win!!! LOL@U

Matters like this arent open to your interpretation, there are very clear guidelines. image

Isnt leaving for any reason leaving? image

You make it sound very overly dramatic than it actually is, didn't the artist announce this 4 months ago or something?

The rest of your post is nonsense, you know what I just said makes sense.

Not to mention major publishers have taken a huge intreast in mortal online and who says the people who have given sv their money are not being told?

do you own the majority shares? because if im right i swear its henrik and seb who own the most shares so don't they just have to release public reports on their site which they are doing anway?

so even if sv go downdrain its possible a publisher will buy them.

Henrik~ "Also the tricky part with being a listed public company, so many things we are forced to follow when it comes to communication"

I win!!! LOL@U

Henrik~ "Also the tricky part with being a listed public company, so many things we are forced to follow when it comes to communication"

Isnt that when henrik was talking about how he would love to tell us everything but because htey are a public listed company they are forced to be limited when it comes to communication.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

>>so even if sv go downdrain its possible a publisher will buy them.

Doubtful, games that are bad get their servers closed and go away forever. Tabula Rasa and Hellgate London never got second chances, MO won't either.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Originally posted by Benthon

Doubtful, games that are bad get their servers closed and go away forever. Tabula Rasa and Hellgate London never got second chances, MO won't either.

as it has already been stated  that Major publishers have already taken a massive intreast in mortal online already so its very possible because they have tried already to buy mortal online but henrik has declined because then they be forced to do things that they will not want and have deadlines or something like that.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

Originally posted by ange10

Major publishers have already taken a massive intreast in mortal online already so its very possible.

Really?  Which ones?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ZookzZookz Member Posts: 244

as it has already been stated  that Major publishers have already taken a massive intreast in mortal online already so its very possible because they have tried already to buy mortal online but henrik has declined because then they be forced to do things that they will not want and have deadlines or something like that.

Care to give us a source for that?

Major publishers have already taken a massive intreast in mortal online already so its very possible.

Really?  Which ones?

ask henrik yourself, im not a wikipedia and i doubt they would tell us anyway.

A little while back Henrik had this to say

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik Nystrom View Post

Simply buying stocks in Star Vault doesn’t help us with funds, pretty much the opposite, each time a transaction in shares have been done, we pay a small amount for that...

To actually give money to the development you need to buy the game and game time that’s it.

And to answer the OP:

If we are to sign with a publisher we have to move from hardcore to much more casual, this is pretty much what every publisher been saying so far, this is to be able to cover the profit for the publisher and us. Now since we are the publisher we can make a good profit on a smaller audience, we also don’t have to compete as much with the other great casual mmos out there which needs a lot of different work than MO does.

Simply put, we would be forced to go more casual, get rid of things like full pvp full loot and a lot more quests for the people, and also compete with the rest which means we need a lot more dev time to cover that.

The way we run it now, we own the concept 100% and can follow our vision how we want as long as we have a decent audience to cover our costs and hopefully be able to have a steady grow similar to CCPs business model.

So it’s not as easy to just find a publisher to get more funds, we have had a huge interest in MO from many major publishers, the hard part is to find what works for both partners

Please stand by for a short update gerarding our release and status.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Really?  Which ones?

ask henrik yourself, im not a wikipedia and i doubt they would tell us anyway.

A little while back Henrik had this to say

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik Nystrom View Post

Simply buying stocks in Star Vault doesn’t help us with funds, pretty much the opposite, each time a transaction in shares have been done, we pay a small amount for that...

To actually give money to the development you need to buy the game and game time that’s it.

And to answer the OP:

If we are to sign with a publisher we have to move from hardcore to much more casual, this is pretty much what every publisher been saying so far, this is to be able to cover the profit for the publisher and us. Now since we are the publisher we can make a good profit on a smaller audience, we also don’t have to compete as much with the other great casual mmos out there which needs a lot of different work than MO does.

Simply put, we would be forced to go more casual, get rid of things like full pvp full loot and a lot more quests for the people, and also compete with the rest which means we need a lot more dev time to cover that.

The way we run it now, we own the concept 100% and can follow our vision how we want as long as we have a decent audience to cover our costs and hopefully be able to have a steady grow similar to CCPs business model.

So it’s not as easy to just find a publisher to get more funds, we have had a huge interest in MO from many major publishers, the hard part is to find what works for both partners

Please stand by for a short update gerarding our release and status.

So these publishers wont touch the game unless they change it entirely?  How would a casual sandbox game work?

Isn't  the "hardcore" the only thing Mortal has going for it? Isnt it a niche game?

Where have all the "good" shills gone?