Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was going to resub today, only to find my acct has been permanently blocked...

QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Blah, blah, blah...we've all seen this a million times on these forums....yeah, now it's me.

The last time I played was in January (when my sub ran out).

I know how to protect my acct information, my computer is clean, I never use the same password twice, I never respond to phishing emails.  I certainly have never hacked, botted or violated the terms of use.

If you can't trust the company to protect your account, the game isn't worth playing. 

Let's see how quickly they can resolve this one (I've already contacted them and am waiting...)

Comments

• AnabanthaAnabantha Member Posts: 10

Hope you get your account back safe, im amazed my aion account hasnt been hacked yet, probably only a matter of time before it does!

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

You're one of the lucky ones.  I had always thought I was. 

I would hate to think of what's been happening since January on my acct.  I can't even log into my NCSoft master account to view my subscription history or anything.  I hope to God my level 40 tempalar hasn't been standing in Pandemonium Kinah spamming. 

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

The same thing happened to me too, I played for the first month, cancelled, and months later started recieving emails about the account.  When I contacted NCSoft, they didnt do anything about it. One CE down the toilet.

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

Can you provide proof that your account was lost due to NCSofts lack of security?  I know what I'm about to say might seem very shocking however, NCSoft wants you to be a happy paying customer.  Ever company under the sun wants to sell their product and tries to do this as efficiently as humanly possible.  NCSoft is no exception and I'm rather confident that keeping their paying customers accounts safe so that they keep on paying their subs is very high  on their list of priorities.

Mistakes with the banhammer has happened and will happen in every current and future MMO.  These cases are normally resolved with  not much effect but do not start demanding compensation for this all too common error.  After all this is just a side-effect of NCSoft trying to keep their product clean by banning botters and kinah sellers.

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

My account was hacked to and i guarantee it was because of NCsofts lack of keeping my info safe.  I had 3 Aion accounts and logged in everyone of them when I play playing each day yet only 1 of my NCsoft master accounts were hacked.  I try and logged in a few weeks ago and someone changed the password.  When I got NCSoft to reset the password for me I log in and find out someone was using a gamecard on the account for 2 months before NCSoft banned them so this was not some mistake from the banhammer.  

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

This also happened to my brother.  We both started on the same day, he played for a few months then got bored and a few months later I needed kinah badly because I was crafting.  I remembered that I gave him like 350K for just random whatever... So I logged on to his acct, sent the money to my main, and that was it.

He tries to log in a another few months down the road to find out his account was curtains.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

PROTIP: Don't use the same information for your Game Login / NCSoft Login.

Sorry to hear you're account has been compromised, if you're account was truly "hacked" I am going to have to go with user error on this one.

Originally posted by Heretique

PROTIP: Don't use the same information for your Game Login / NCSoft Login.

Sorry to hear you're account has been compromised, if you're account was truly "hacked" I am going to have to go with user error on this one.

User error? TELL ME WHAT THE HELL I DID WRONG THEN?

Sorry for the yelling, but trolls like this are very irritating.

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Can you provide proof that your account was lost due to NCSofts lack of security?  I know what I'm about to say might seem very shocking however, NCSoft wants you to be a happy paying customer.  Ever company under the sun wants to sell their product and tries to do this as efficiently as humanly possible.  NCSoft is no exception and I'm rather confident that keeping their paying customers accounts safe so that they keep on paying their subs is very high  on their list of priorities.

Mistakes with the banhammer has happened and will happen in every current and future MMO.  These cases are normally resolved with  not much effect but do not start demanding compensation for this all too common error.  After all this is just a side-effect of NCSoft trying to keep their product clean by banning botters and kinah sellers.

Of course NCSoft wants happy paying customers.  But why are so many hundreds of people flocking to boards like these screaming bloody murder?  Something is wrong, that's why.  There is a breech of security somewhere in NCSoft's system or their system of banning people is horribly broken.

I have done EVERYTHING they say to do....I protect my computer, I protect my passwords. 

Mistakes with the banhammer will happen I agree with...for people that have left their account open to security risks.

I'm not a botter or a kinah seller nor have I ever been involved with any. The only possibility I can think of is an item I've purchased off the auction house was put for sale by a kinah seller.  That's the only possibility I can think of....if they're banning people for that, then the system is truly broken.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

It has happened to me too, banned for no reason.

I know how it feels, losing something that you have worked on, for a good while, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

What i don't get though, is why you thought making a post about it would help you, specially here on mmorpg.com, infamous for the amount of trolls.

Don't play the game, that's the only advise i can give you.

Yes, it's true that NCsoft is trying to keep their customers happy, and safe. But if they are succeeding in this is another story.

And when you stumble apon "Blade & Souls" Think twice before you buy the game, Aion II without the wings, also from - NCsoft... ;)

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

Originally posted by Qazz Something is wrong, that's why.  There is a breech of security somewhere in NCSoft's system or their system of banning people is horribly broken.

I have done EVERYTHING they say to do....I protect my computer, I protect my passwords. 

Often its not your or NCSoft fault. doesnt happen only at NCSoft either, at Blizzard, tons of accounts get stolen too from people that havent played for months

Registering at a fansite like Aionsource/Cursegaming  is enough to get your account stolen.

As alot of people tend to use the same email on those sites as their account for an mmo.

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

My account got hacked then banned when I wasn't subbed. Didn't take long for them to un-ban it and get it back though. I promptly switched ALL my ncsoft passwords to ridiculously complicated passwords. Hasn't happaned again since. FYI this happens a lot with my WoW account too. Constantly get e-mails of someone trying to recover a 'forgotten password', not the fake phishing e-mails either (i get a lot of thsoe too though lol).

I don't play WoW or Aion and don't particularly like the games, but its the principal of the thing heh.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

OP:

Just be sure to have all serial numbers of all games on your account, and if you can't do that, they'll either turn you down as some people say they have been, or like me, they'll ask for the last four digits of your credit card number on the account.

Then they'll update your passwords and stuff. Give you a way to redo them. But it's still gonna take a few days for them to check into your account and make sure it wasn't your fault and stuff. In my case, I waited 3 days, then emailed them, and finally within an hour they fixed it so I could log in. 

Also, if like me, you better check the contact information on your account once you get in, 'cause it was entirely changed to some other person's info. 

Originally posted by Beazt

It has happened to me too, banned for no reason.

I know how it feels, losing something that you have worked on, for a good while, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

What i don't get though, is why you thought making a post about it would help you, specially here on mmorpg.com, infamous for the amount of trolls.

Don't play the game, that's the only advise i can give you.

Yes, it's true that NCsoft is trying to keep their customers happy, and safe. But if they are succeeding in this is another story.

And when you stumble apon "Blade & Souls" Think twice before you buy the game, Aion II without the wings, also from - NCsoft... ;)

LOL somtimes I ask myself the same question, "Why do I post here?" I guess probably because the discussion about this issue needs to keep going, for the sake of all MMORPG's.  Companies need to know that account security is quickly becoming the #1 issue in our genre of gaming.

NCSoft has done a great job of informing players about how to protect their account.  What's lacking is this: what are THEY doing to keep my account safe.  Banning gold farmers/botters isn't enough, and that point is obvious.

By the way, and I want to make this clear....I'm making this fuss because Iike Aion and I want to play! (I'm not hating on NCSoft's ability to make a fun game!)

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

I gotta ask how people can reply a hacked account is user error.  My Master account is 7 years old and it was hacked 1 month after i quit playing Aion and I know it was hacked because someone used a gamecard.   I had no Virus's etc and the only possible explanation is NCSoft is not keeping the info secure.

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

These guys at NCsoft have a huge problem and yes its their problem not the people getting their accounts hacked.  There is clearly a leak of account information regarding user account names out of NCsoft.  From there, password scripts are run endlessly until accounts are hacked.

I hadnt played Aion since launch, basically because it sucked so bad, went back to play Guild Wars like 6 months latter and my account had been "hacked".

I could care less about AION but i did care about GW,  And no response from NCsoft when trying to find out more information.  Someone is getting ahold of user account names period.

I have an AOC account a WOW account neither have been touched ever, so its not a breach on my PC its happening on NCsofts end.  No one is "guessing" account names then guessing passwords.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

I play Aion and while I personally have not been hacked(yet) I know lots of friends who have been and these are not stupid people who likely clicked a link to some phishing site and logged into it giving up their info.  I'm pretty convinced there is a breach in their own security whether its someone on the inside, not sure.  As for the bannings, most accounts that get hacked the hacker uses the characters to advertsise in trade and LFG channels until NCSoft bans the account so thats typically how the ban comes into it.