Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i do love these emails

huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

I do love these emails i get the least they can do is get the grammer and spelling right

Dear customer,

This is an automated notification sent from our account security system. You logined your account successfully at 3:17 on May 28th form the 125.27.185.* range, but our system shows the 125.23.158.* IP range exists a large number of hackers. As too many customer complaints, the 125.98.121.* IP range has been blacklisted. We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, we need you check your account status here as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please visit battlenett .

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Regards,

Blizzard account system

Blizzard Entertainment

on a footnote whats the email address you send them to at blizzard or dont you bother

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by huntersam

I do love these emails i get the least they can do is get the grammer and spelling right

[..]

on a footnote whats the email address you send them to at blizzard or dont you bother

That you actually take time to read those emails... About the footnote... I don't do a thing with them, other than delete. If I send these things to Blizzard, I have to send them 10+ a day :(

[EDIT]

Yup, just recieved an other one...

• negentropynegentropy Member Posts: 241

Dear customer,

This is an automated notification sent from our account security system. You logined your account successfully at 3:17 on May 28th form the 125.27.185.* range, but our system shows the 125.23.158.* IP range exists a large number of hackers. As too many customer complaints, the 125.98.121.* IP range has been blacklisted. We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, we need you check your account status here as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please visit battlenett .

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Regards,

Blizzard account system

Blizzard Entertainment

Heh, I got one the other day and I haven't played WoW since 2005. image

Said my account was hacked and I need to click on the link to log in and contact support. Problem was, they spelled security wrong in the URL -- 'securety'. ROTFL.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill
  • selobthegodselobthegod Member Posts: 155

Originally posted by Reizla

[..]

That you actually take time to read those emails... About the footnote... I don't do a thing with them, other than delete. If I send these things to Blizzard, I have to send them 10+ a day :(

[EDIT]

Yup, just recieved an other one...

Duh people.. I keep hearing about these emails but i've never , NEVER , received one .. I mean how do they know you are playing WoW and that the specific email is the one u use in ur battlenet account... hick