Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Memorial Day Weekend C-Store Discount

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Atari and Cryptic Studios have announced a 20% discount for all C-Store items during the Memorial Day weekend, beginning today and running through Tuesday, June 1st.

Check out the C-Store here.

Comments

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Desperate company is desperate.

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

wow this thread looks dead

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

craptic who the f**k cares about ur shit game and C- store discounts.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Less than 30 days after launch and the game goes on sale.

Less than 60 days after launch and the first C-Store sale

Less than 90 days after launch and they offer free weekends and buddy referral gifts

Less than 120 days and the second C-Store discount

Wow, this game is really going places...

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    LOL! Are they serious? They just can't seem to leave that C store alone to try make more money off players already paying a sub. Here is a sad day to remember a point in history, but here! Come use our C store for less! They shouldn't even be using such things as a ploy to drum up C Store business. They're using event like it were Xmas or 4th of July!
  • waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

I would have stuck with this game even though they missed the mark on exploration and made the game way to instanced, except for the fact that it seemed they where way more concerned with adding items to thier C-Store then developing stuff for the people who where paying subscriptions.

Godz of War I call Thee

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

rofl he he he rolf.  All I can say is no thank you.  I want a c store item like I want somebody to shoot me between the eyes.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Memorial. How appropriate.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

20% off the price of pig manure doesn't stop it from being pig manure. Thanks but no thanks.

The way Cryptic has mistreated this game is the most embarrassing thing about Star Trek since the TOS episode "What Little Girls Are Made Of".  

I wonder if Kirk got this little item from the C -Store.

By the way this is a completely legitimate picture from that episode. How on earth nobody noticed the unintentional hilarity of this prop is beyond me.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Wow, I don't even think D&D online pushes it's cash shop this hard, and it's FREE to play.... nice going Cryptic.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Yea I remember that episode it was almost as bad as spocks brain.  The prop speaks for itsself, lol we always knew kirk was a sex maniac. Rofl

• Hermes_ZumHermes_Zum Member Posts: 38

Shame really, this game had everything for have big success, they spoiled it.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Nothing says, "honor our fallen," like a C-store discount.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• an0maly33an0maly33 Member Posts: 42

Good god people, it's like you complain just to hear yourselves complain.  I'm not saying STO is for everyone, but I actually have a good time in there.  I have everything I would want from the c-store and I've not directly paid any money for cryptic points.  I had plenty of free CP from doing the deluxe edition and the lifetime sub (yes, I'm one of those guys and I don't really regret it.)

Was the game finished at release? No.  But that's the trend these days.  That's why my general policy is to not buy an mmo at release.  I made an exception for STO.

Is the game getting better? Yep. Polish, bugfixes, tweaks, features - It's finally starting to look like what it should have been at release.  My big beef was that PvP was just a bunch of pointless arenas.  Looks like they have some controllable areas of space in the works, so that takes care of that. Plus we'll likely have playable Romulans in the not-so-distant future

I see STO as a Trek-themed Pirates of the Burning Sea, which to me, isn't a bad thing.  I don't get the impression that people hate that game, so I'm a bit confused.  Is it just because everyone loves to hate Cryptic?

I agree that STO had potential to be SOO much more.  But I've accepted it for what it is and I have fun with it.

If any STO lifetimers feel ripped off and want to sell off their accounts on the cheap, PM me.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Every time this game is mentioned it has something to do with its "C-Store"

I've never played the game, maybe its FANTASTIC, probably not. But to me, this Star Trek Online has been the greediest creation MMO history yet to-date.

Seems like its all about ripping the money out of Trekkies wallets.

• BrizahdBrizahd Member Posts: 60

And that would be awesome if the c-store was full of stuff people wanted.  

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Please give us money.. and your subscription cost, which is money..... so really just give us twice as much money.  Please.  We promise to add 2 more alien heads and 1 more mission for you to replay relentlessly.  Seriously.  2 years from now this will all pay off we promise.  Till then make sure you keep giving us money, especially you life-time subscribers that still have to pay for your in game items hahahaahaaa.  Suckers.

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• KorithianKorithian Member Posts: 243

I'd love to know if there is anything in the C-Store that adds to the game depth. I played STO when it was launched and it was a fun game, but there was little depth to the game and no game for the Klingon players. But it seems the only thing being worked on is cosmetic changes to be sold in the C-store and raid content. All nice but not really fixing the problems of a game that could have been better but instead appears to be a last ditch chance to get some money out of fans.

It would be nice to see more added to the game, rather than a few consmetic bridges that nobody has any reason to goto.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

What a joke!

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Just as much a joke as the guy who wants to buy your LTS on the cheap.