Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell me on your favorite MMO

LithianlordLithianlord Member Posts: 24

I cannot make up my mind on which MMO is right for me. I have tried them all and with all their ups and downs I feel like I cannot stick to a particular one. I have a bad habit of wanting everything at once, so this experience is a bit daunting. Too bad there isn't a good sci-fi game that is actually sci-fi.

So I thought it would be fun to see, not only what games people really enjoy, but why I should play them. So if you have a favorite MMO out there, show your love and explain why it ranks your favorite. It doesn't even have to be the one you are playing or any sort, but the game you always think about first when you think of MMOs. Consider this not a recruitment drive of sorts, but a thread to show what attracts people in MMOs.

So what is your favorite MMO and why?

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Can't really sell you as my favourite game is 10 years old and feels that way.

That game being Anarchy Online.  And it was definitely a sci-fi game that's actually sci-fi.  But really, it feels old now and I haven't played it for years.  sigh.  wtb AO2.

Only decent recent sci-fi game is EVE and it really isn't for everyone.  

SWG was an awesome sci-fi game, but it got nuked and is also quite old, I'm redoing the trial for it now, just to get that old feeling back.  

The game I actually play and have been playing for 6 years is eq2.  I can't say it's a great game.  It has terrible lore, no immersion and is completely themepark.  It's no better than LoTRO or AoC or anything similar, it just came before those.  It does have really good group and raid content that is challenging, yet casual-friendly enough that I don't have to devote my life to it. 

Sorry, i've nothing good to point you at.  Good luck.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

planetside

fps

open world pvp

Uhh... what?