Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda Steam Sale, $29.99 and a review.

joe2119joe2119 Member UncommonPosts: 62

Global Agenda is on sale from now till the 31st of may for 30 dollars, (25% off).

Global Agenda is an alright game and personally for a one time fee of $30 (normally 40) its worth the price. I've gotten almost 200 hours of gameplay out of it and yes, the game in its current state is very linear, but if you're willing to take it for what it is its actually quite fun. I've spent 50-60 dollars on lesser games. Its great to be able to sit down for a few minutes and have a good time with a match or two and the gameplay doesn't really seem to get stale. The game modes maybe, but the core gameplay, no.

The PvP is pretty intense and although the match maker has its faults its still pretty decent overall. The PvE is a mindless grind of reused maps that I could only imagine was/is a place holder as I believe they ran low on funding but has alot of potential if they incorporate it properly as does the rest of the game. It seems that this game is really still in beta and I believe launch is actually the 1.3 patch but they had to get it out there to at least get SOME income. They are also limited by the engine they chose. The unreal 3 engine doesn' really suppose "massive" game play but I believe it was the right choice seeing as developing their own engine would have been buggy, expensive, and timly. Time and money certainly not things they had. Its not easy for a new developer, but I strongly believe in them.

The best thing about this game has got to be the developer. Hi-rez takes such an active and hands on approach with (mostly) listening to their customers and attempting to deliver. In a market where most MMO companies are jaded and seem to not have a clue or are strictly focused on profit this is rather nice to see and I feel its worth my small investment to promote. Sadly its hard out there for an independent developer and they're not having an easy time nor are people cutting them much slack. Considering what Hi-rez is they've produced an extremely impressive and fun product.

I as many other eagerly await the coming 1.3 patch that will take Global Agenda from simply a third person shooter to an MMO. 1.3 part one is expected in a few weeks but sadly doesn't offer much other than some new toys and a revamped UI, gear system, and some AvA changes. In the coming months us players will be able to look forward to open world PvE and PvP. I just hope they're able to deliver properly, but once all is said and done. Global Agenda should be a hell of a game for 9.50 a month and at least its not another WoW clone.

Comments

• chaoster89chaoster89 Member Posts: 56

I would not even buy it if it was free 

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

Originally posted by chaoster89

How come? Care to list a reason why? Its a good game, no monthly fee is demanded. So until 1.3 even then, just the box price gets you a big multi player shooter.

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• joe2119joe2119 Member UncommonPosts: 62

Originally posted by Naturalist99

How come? Care to list a reason why? Its a good game, no monthly fee is demanded. So until 1.3 even then, just the box price gets you a big multi player shooter.

a big multi player shooter backed by a developer that will constantly be releasing new content for it for free. 5 dollars cheaper than your typical mmo IF you want to subscribe and a f2p option with limited content too. I fail to see how its not worth 40, 30 bucks but -shrug-. 200 hours of gameplay and I'm still eager to play, not because I need to get my epic mount or my season gear or any BS grind like that but because the gameplay is actually fun.

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

Originally posted by joe2119

Originally posted by Naturalist99

a big multi player shooter backed by a developer that will constantly be releasing new content for it for free. 5 dollars cheaper than your typical mmo IF you want to subscribe and a f2p option with limited content too. I fail to see how its not worth 40, 30 bucks but -shrug-. 200 hours of gameplay and I'm still eager to play, not because I need to get my epic mount or my season gear or any BS grind like that but because the gameplay is actually fun.

amen brotha haha

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

With the free trial and no subscription at the moment along with this offer not trying the game out would be a missed opportunity for any gamer, not just MMORPG players but all gamers.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

On the Trial now,and all i got to say "YEEEEEee HAwww!!". I said this about apb and same goes for GA, I have not had this much fun since Halo 2 came out with online multiplayer matches. Dont listen to the negitive critics,there is a free trial , check it out for your self, and give it more thean a couple of hours. I picked it up played for like an hour or so and went EH,but came back after getting bored of Fantasy MMOs, and got into it more and im having a blast. LOL going to go buy the steam version...I m a box person by nature and :P theres one on amazon for 40 bucks,I do love a barrgin though

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

what I am afraid of, is that it wont be fun if I am not paying a sub. I am alreay playing a main MMORPG, and cant afford another, so I hoped GA would just be a thing on the side, like APB, but now like that, they seem like you need to pay a fee to have fun with them.

if I could just play GA and it would be like guild wars, I would buy it. I love Guild Wars! Best value for money I have ever spent:)

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

I've got to say that while I like GA, Sandstorm bugs me.  I honestly don't want to pay a sub to play this game.  Yes, I paid the box price, but in the end it just doesn't thrill me that once 1.3 goes live, much of the content I get to participate in now will go away.  Well, actually ALL the PvE content I participate in now.  But yay, I get to keep playing PVP Merc maps over and over for xp...   I could play TF2 and have better balance / content for that.

I'm also not currently thrilled with the new armor / weapon system.  But will leave that subject discussion for another time.

• joe2119joe2119 Member UncommonPosts: 62

Originally posted by daeandor

I've got to say that while I like GA, Sandstorm bugs me.  I honestly don't want to pay a sub to play this game.  Yes, I paid the box price, but in the end it just doesn't thrill me that once 1.3 goes live, much of the content I get to participate in now will go away.  Well, actually ALL the PvE content I participate in now.  But yay, I get to keep playing PVP Merc maps over and over for xp...   I could play TF2 and have better balance / content for that.

I'm also not currently thrilled with the new armor / weapon system.  But will leave that subject discussion for another time.

You still get quite a bit for free and I believe they put the High/Max secs missions back in for non subscribers.

The armor/weapon system is still in the works and they seem to be accepting the communities feedback well. They are actually using the test server to test content rather than just display uncoming things that won't change ^^.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Oh, don't get me wrong, I will probably continue to play, just like I play TF2.  I personally have always liked 3rd person shooters over 1st person ever since I played Rainbow Six, it's actually my preferred viewpoint.  So I like having a shooter that allows me to run and gun in 3rd person and has some semblance of progression.  My gripe is with having to pretty much farm for gear, which is what the high and max sec is going to be all about.  Putting me in the open world missions killing mobs that have a "lower chance of drops vs max sec" is just a bummer.  It's kinda like when I play item shop games, where you can get your mount if you grind <insert mob / token / item / etc here> forever, but you can have it now if you just fork over cash.