Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Dead Redemption ready for Fox Network

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Red Dead Redemption ready for Fox Network, if not prime time

Red Dead Redemption ready for Fox Network, if not prime time

You know Australian director John Hillcoat if you've seen The Road, or preferably The Proposition, a fascinating Western set in the dusty fly-infested Australian outback. Can Hillcoat bring his haunting bleak touch to Red Dead Redemption?

We'll find out Saturday night. Rockstar has purchased a half-hour block of time on Fox starting at midnight. To fill the slot, they've hired Hillcoat to make a short film using Red Dead Redemption's characters and game engine. I'd love to see Hillcoat turned loose to do whatever he wants, but from the synopsis on Fox's schedule, it sounds like we're getting an extended version of a cutscene I've already watched and a mission I've already played.

The year is 1910. The West is dying. The American frontier is undergoing a violent transition from the ways of old to modern times, and Mexico has entered a prolonged period of bloody civil war. Reformed outlaw John Marston is on his way to capture former running buddy Bill Williamson when he comes upon a half dead snake oil merchant named West Dickens. Marston travels under a bleak and unforgiving sun, teaming up with a violent sheriff and a colorful mentally deranged grave robber and together they discover a bloody massacre of homesteaders left in the wake of Williamson. They hatch a plan to break into an abandoned fort where the Williamson Gang is holed up - and a dark, surprising twist ensues.

taken from http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/05/red_dead_redemption_ready_for.php

Comments

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

i just want to say that getting to see it in NA was a treat and i didnt know about the limited release..but it was a great movie

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Must say, your name looks familiar or maybe its just my imagination. Anyhow, I've been waiting to see if they pump this game out on the PC since I really hate the clumsiness of console controllers and the lack of support for keyboard and mouse in most PS3 game. You wouldn't happen to know if they leaked any info leading up to the creation and possibly release of a PC version, do you?

My name is my main online name since ....ever I have been online for forums or gamesand seems similar to yours, though mine is my own last name backwards image

As for a PC release, only rumors and that scanned pic of game informer issue of April: http://yfrog.com/j8reddeadredemptionpcversj

Really hope it will become a pc release!!!!!!

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Reklaw

Must say, your name looks familiar or maybe its just my imagination. Anyhow, I've been waiting to see if they pump this game out on the PC since I really hate the clumsiness of console controllers and the lack of support for keyboard and mouse in most PS3 game. You wouldn't happen to know if they leaked any info leading up to the creation and possibly release of a PC version, do you?

My name is my main online name since ....ever I have been online for forums or gamesand seems similar to yours, though mine is my own last name backwards image

As for a PC release, only rumors and that scanned pic of game informer issue of April: http://yfrog.com/j8reddeadredemptionpcversj

Holy crap, I thought you two were the same /facepalm.

Which one plays Fallen Earth!?!?!?

Anyways, this is interesting. Has anything like it been done before? I mean, midnight isn't exactly prime time, but at least they're getting video games on regular TV (G4 and the like excluded). It looks interesting, even though the late 1600s-1700s to the early 1900s (excluding the Civil War era) isn't my favorite time period, so I'd like a PC release as well.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by Reklaw

Holy crap, I thought you two were the same /facepalm.

Which one plays Fallen Earth!?!?!?

Anyways, this is interesting. Has anything like it been done before? I mean, midnight isn't exactly prime time, but at least they're getting video games on regular TV (G4 and the like excluded). It looks interesting, even though the late 1600s-1700s to the early 1900s (excluding the Civil War era) isn't my favorite time period, so I'd like a PC release as well.

I am playing Fallen Earth.....are you?