Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ventrilo Use Problem - Help Please

Hi!  I've been playing DAoC for a couple months now and I absolutely love it.  A friend introduced me to the game and we talk on Skype, but the war groups all use Ventrilo.  I've loaded Vent, no problem - it works fine except when I'm in DAoC.  So to respond to the group, ask a question, etc - I have to toggle out of DAoC and push Ctrl to talk.   I using a PC with wide screen, Windows-Vista.  I have now leveled my first toon to 50 two nights ago and having Vent and being able to have 2-way conversations is critical.  I've heard there's a way to just set Vent so the Mic is just on always, but I can't figure that out.  Assistance please to a gal that just want to run around with her guild and kill other players and mobs, as well as contribute to the dialogue.  It's lonely when no one hears your "Oh Sh*t" :)  Thank you! :)

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

You don't want the mic always on, every little noise you make will be broadcast. People will ask you to turn your mic off.

It's no fun listening to someone gulping, chewing, coughing and breathing...

Go into your vent settings.

Why do you need to go out of DAoC to push control to talk?

I forgot but is the control button in DAoC tied to something? If so, go into the game settings and rebind it to something else. clear the control button of all functions or go into vent and tied the mic to something besides control. Other then that, dunno what to tell  you, vent should work regardless as it's not tied to the game program at all. What should be happening is if you press control to talk and say something like an ability is tied to it, you should activate the mic and fire off the ability from what I remember...

Also check your hardware and plugs...I hate to say it but 90% of hardware problems are lose connections. Your mic may not be plugged in all the way...I'm just saying...image

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

Try running Vent as an Admin (you see this option by right clicking on the Vent icon).