Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats so great about playing Horde

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I just found out something disturbing. 

Ravendare Server, where I play most is almost completely dead, I'm doin population checks in many zones to prove it.  BUT it only has 16% Alliance.

This tells me that you better play Horde, unless you like playing by yourself.  Please tell me what is so great about playing horde ?

I made a topic about this game being dead, well I guess it's not, just better not play Alliance :(

Comments

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Back when I played WoW, Alliance usually had more people on the servers I was on, but Horde was better at PvP.  Not sure whats so great about Horde, but maybe that's the reason.

• bobbadudbobbadud Member Posts: 268

On Horde side you can play as a Cow.

Perhaps that's the main attraction for some.

It’s embarrassing when an NPC compliments you in an MMo, the only relevant, cool and epic things come from players whispering you “Grtz, mate, we did it”. copyright Pilnkplonk

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by bobbadud

On Horde side you can play as a Cow.

Perhaps that's the main attraction for some.

Well, the alliance has Goats so i guess the farmyard is well represented!

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

I think, initially, it was the desire to play the "bad" guys. Most of my toons were Horde and the first couple of times were for that very reason. There may also be a case of "RAH! I ARE ORC!" tough-guy syndrome, but overall, I think it's still just a desire to be different from the norm.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

This whole thing started with blood elfs. Before them it was the horde that lacked population. With the worgen coming soon you will see the opposite again though.

• CavallCavall Member Posts: 272

It is actually a combination of many factors at the moment. Superior racial abilities, higher base stats (tauren stamina), the steroetypical Light Elf race(just with green eyes added) all came together to bring many realms to the point where it made sense to play Horde for pve and pvp purposes. The paid faction change as well as paid server transfer further separated most realms into "dominated by horde" or "dominated by alliance."  There is actually still slightly more alliance than horde overall played in a single day, as can be seen in these graphs.

Daily Activity.

Total Number of Characters.

Total US Realms 80s.

Total EU Realms 80s

Please note this does not take into consideration multiboxers, bots, hackers, or people who play multiple 80s in 1 day. Each character is counted regardless of legitimacy. Best I could do is restrict the search to only level 80s.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

What's great about Horde? You don't have to associate with Gnomes.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by Edli

This whole thing started with blood elfs. Before them it was the horde that lacked population. With the worgen coming soon you will see the opposite again though.

Cataclysm is screwing the Horde, for sure. Alliance gets the werewolves, Horde gets uglier Gnomes.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Populations of each faction are entirely server based. On my alliance server Laughing skull, the alliance is extremely populated, while on my horde server Frostwolf it is more balanced.

Originally posted by Panther2103

Populations of each faction are entirely server based. On my alliance server Laughing skull, the alliance is extremely populated, while on my horde server Frostwolf it is more balanced.

I just checked the L80 population of my old server - Dragonblight.

71% Alliance. Which certainly confirms what I experienced in WinterGrasp. Totally ridiculous the way pop imbalance ruined what could have been a great PvP experience. Blizzard should be ashamed.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

I just checked the L80 population of my old server - Dragonblight.

71% Alliance. Which certainly confirms what I experienced in WinterGrasp. Totally ridiculous the way pop imbalance ruined what could have been a great PvP experience. Blizzard should be ashamed.

Yeah, they should just lock one side for a while until it balances out a bit, then open it up. Kind of like the Aion servers and how they tried to keep them balanced.

Yeah, they should just lock one side for a while until it balances out a bit, then open it up. Kind of like the Aion servers and how they tried to keep them balanced.

That is the one thing I heard about Aion that I really liked.

• Merlin1977Merlin1977 Member Posts: 168

you can be a cow, nuff said =P

I also think that leveling with horde is alot more interesting and fun over leveling an alliance character, but thats just my opinion.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Being an undead.

Undead FTW

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

Orgrimmar is the best city in WoW.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR