Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

returning after almost 2 years

darkblaiddarkblaid Member UncommonPosts: 3

As the title says i;ve just returned after almost 2 years and its still in my opinion the leader in mmorpg's yes it has its faults which ppl can feel free to point out but despite them you can't deny it has a well designed lore thanks to the earlier warcraft games and the novels etc  as much as i wanted to hate it on my return i've found it just as engaging as when i left feel free to flame me for expressing myself but it just shows how closed minded you are.

Comments

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

I don't understand the point of this post. I'm glad you found an mmo you like. I finally found mine after much searching. Very surprised that it turned out to be Vanguard)  Happy gaming

• darkblaiddarkblaid Member UncommonPosts: 3

To be honest neither do i guess i just wanted to say i was happy to be back in the world of mmo's and vanguard is a really inventive mmo well worth the time it takes to get into

• nemo38nemo38 Member Posts: 143

Vanguard really is a great game. The problem is you seldom see anyone else and you will never get any 'join our guild' invites in your chat window. So unless you have friends ingame it can be a rather lonely place to spend your time. 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i do not want to flame you, but wile it is true that WoW is still the smoothest and most playable mmo out there it is a far cry from what it used to be. forgotten is the lore, the story,  the adventure, the challenges, now days it's nothing but a constant gear grind made easier and easier with every patch. the story is only a passable mask to excuse the next set of gear grind.  they put out new armor setts faster and faster (because they are so easy to get) and since BC it's been nothing but complete repetition. farm BG/Dungeons for marks/badges to get the latest set of gear. rinse and repeat. it was old a year ago now it's just mind numbing.

instant gratification has been since Wotlk. unfortunately at the expence of substance and fulfillment.

all classes pretty much play the same, all the dungeons pretty much the same, all the quest have been done and redone, world pvp has been dead for years. you do not need to think anymore, you do not need any skill or spend time to practice. just log on, que up for random, and collect your gear. everything in this game has been recycled so many times.

what was once an perilous adventure full of challenges, magic and discovery has become a repetitive and dull spoon fed grind fest for the endless gear setts.