Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is sooo wicked and its only in "beta"

124»

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

If Mortal Online was released in its current state at say $20 with an $8/mth subscription fee, I'd probably let up on it and so would a lot of other detractors. The only reason we even have any ammunition is because SV think that MO is currently AAA standard through their pricing scheme.

I can agree with that... also I think the issue is exacerbated by the fact that they charged folks nearly 9 months ago (Mid July 2009) but have yet to launch the game.  Some folks wanted to "buy the beta" so I guess they may be happy but many people thought they were actually buying a game that was due to be shipped as early as September.   The company unilateraly decided to just hold everyone's money as an open-ended loan and have never willingly offered people the option of a refund.  We are seriously creeping up on a year now since they charged people.  That is just wrong... and it's going to get worse once it releases and they start to auto-charge subscriptions for people that pre-ordered back in July and gave up on the game. My understanding is that by default your account is set to auto-renew even if you never chose a subscription plan during the pre-order process.  People that read the forums know to go into their accounts and cancel.. the folks that just wrote MO off as a bad investment are gonna be very surprised a month after launch...

Well said...

If SV hadn't taken peoples money, offered refunds and not auto subscibed users there really wouldn't be much to discuss.   MO stinks of DnL V2.0!!!

Yeah even I can agree with that, if SV hadn't charged people so much especially for a game thats yet to launch and the price tag was about half or so of a AAA title same goes for the monthly fee I wouldn't bother saying anything. I still wouldn't play it but I wouldn't be visiting these boards ragging on it.

When a Dev puts there game out there and label it a AAA title and charge AAA prices people expect AAA quality and the farther from AAA quality that game is the more it gets scrutinized and criticized. If it was marketed and priced in line with it's quality people really wouldn't have anything to complain about. Some still would but it wouldn't be even remotely close to the large number of gamers that show what boils down to utter disdain for the game currently. Some may even play it if it wasn't marketed and priced as a AAA title.

Again I wouldn't play it regardless but if it was priced more in line with it's level of quality I wouldn't visit it's forums anymore, I wouldn't have a reason too.

• BoA*BoA* Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

If Mortal Online was released in its current state at say $20 with an $8/mth subscription fee, I'd probably let up on it and so would a lot of other detractors. The only reason we even have any ammunition is because SV think that MO is currently AAA standard through their pricing scheme.

I can agree with that... also I think the issue is exacerbated by the fact that they charged folks nearly 9 months ago (Mid July 2009) but have yet to launch the game.  Some folks wanted to "buy the beta" so I guess they may be happy but many people thought they were actually buying a game that was due to be shipped as early as September.   The company unilateraly decided to just hold everyone's money as an open-ended loan and have never willingly offered people the option of a refund.  We are seriously creeping up on a year now since they charged people.  That is just wrong... and it's going to get worse once it releases and they start to auto-charge subscriptions for people that pre-ordered back in July and gave up on the game. My understanding is that by default your account is set to auto-renew even if you never chose a subscription plan during the pre-order process.  People that read the forums know to go into their accounts and cancel.. the folks that just wrote MO off as a bad investment are gonna be very surprised a month after launch...

Well said...

If SV hadn't taken peoples money, offered refunds and not auto subscibed users there really wouldn't be much to discuss.   MO stinks of DnL V2.0!!!

Be honest  no matter what price they would have set it up as, you would still be complaining.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by TheTermite

Posted by Benthon on 3/31/10 at 2:56:39 PM

Game is awful. You run around till you get some armor, then the game is over. Nothing player-driven is implemented into the game besides basic housing without any customization.

The game is fun if you enjoy just being an avatar running around doing absoulutely nothing.

I was going to download the client until I read this.  Thanks for the heads up  :)

You just belive everything random people on internet forums say? If i told you that your life is going to suck and you should just kill yourself would you do it? lol

But yea the game is unfinished and buggy. But its still going to own every MMO that exists when it gets some more development :)

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Proson

Originally posted by TheTermite

Posted by Benthon on 3/31/10 at 2:56:39 PM

Game is awful. You run around till you get some armor, then the game is over. Nothing player-driven is implemented into the game besides basic housing without any customization.

The game is fun if you enjoy just being an avatar running around doing absoulutely nothing.

I was going to download the client until I read this.  Thanks for the heads up  :)

You just belive everything random people on internet forums say? If i told you that your life is going to suck and you should just kill yourself would you do it? lol

But yea the game is unfinished and buggy. But its still going to own every MMO that exists when it gets some more development :)

I'll take your advice and say that I don't believe you when you say that it's "going to own every MMO". I will assert that my statement is true, considering I was there for the nothingness that is MO gameplay and sandboxyness.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Proson

But its still going to own every MMO that exists when it gets some more development :)

Certainly not with the current barrel of monkeys. imageimageimage

I win!!! LOL@U

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

man this game is so wicked and i just love telling others to try it, this game is going to rock at release.

theres no hype about it, because theres nothing to hype because its all true and some people are haters because they are aware of this.

• jango1337jango1337 Member Posts: 217

Originally posted by ange10

man this game is so wicked and i just love telling others to try it, this game is going to rock at release.

theres no hype about it, because theres nothing to hype because its all true and some people are haters because they are aware of this.

yo fanboy stop necroing every damn thread about MO

that is all.

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by jango1337

that is all.

Haha.. seriously image

• JawusJawus Member Posts: 14

ange10...keep rockin and rolling....i just want to see who has more stamina. You or the rampant trolls with their +100 negating moderation armor.

Originally posted by Jawus

ange10...keep rockin and rolling....i just want to see who has more stamina. You or the rampant trolls with their +100 negating moderation armor.

SARCASM

Not stamina, it is blind support 

/SARCASM

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

that is all.

Haha.. seriously image

whats wrong, i just want to leave my opinion in the good postive threads.

that is all.

Haha.. seriously image

1/100 will not change anyone's minds image

that is all.

Haha.. seriously image

1/100 will not change anyone's minds 

who said anything about changing peoples minds? maybe that is your goal but i just want to share my experince with othersimage