Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer Speaks out against PvP Guild

AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

If you are into PvP and wanting to be a part of this community and join their game; don't even bother.

"Obviously you are aware that people are going to flame you for posting an ad for this type of guild on forums for a game that is heavily based on roleplaying. Please refrain from using strong language on public forums. Just let your website speak for itself and im sure any interested people will contact you. If the situation escalates any higher I will be either locking or deleting your thread."

-Zetto

There you have it. The facts.

Roleplaying game.

Enjoy!

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by Ashlura

If you are into PvP and wanting to be a part of this community and join their game; don't even bother.

"Obviously you are aware that people are going to flame you for posting an ad for this type of guild on forums for a game that is heavily based on roleplaying. Please refrain from using strong language on public forums. Just let your website speak for itself and im sure any interested people will contact you. If the situation escalates any higher I will be either locking or deleting your thread."

-Zetto

There you have it. The facts.

Roleplaying game.

Enjoy!

Link to the source or screenshot or... it didnt happen, you know...

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

You got it! Updated OP

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

You got it! Updated OP

Is it possible to give an actual link so we can see the entire conversation in context? I can sort of see the link but part of it is very small.

edit: oh it's an e-mail/personal message not a post in a forum. can you link to the forum discussion? Obviously there was something that he was commenting on so it must have been a thread that went out of control.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Sovrath

You got it! Updated OP

Is it possible to give an actual link so we can see the entire conversation in context? I can sort of see the link but part of it is very small.

edit: oh it's an e-mail/personal message not a post in a forum. can you link to the forum discussion? Obviously there was something that he was commenting on so it must have been a thread that went out of control.

Yeah pretty  much this.   You know, Im an avid PvPer, and have run PvP guilds that have been both rampant and benign through the past 14 years.  I started in Diablo and UO, fought my way through AC and Shadowbane, and swung swords on Darktide.   It wasnt the noobs or the carebears who made me angry.  Theyre just part of the game.   It was the PvP Drama Queens who always cried persecution and attempted to generate fear and anger through their own complaining.

Reminds me alot of Dubya and Guilani's political speeches.  9-11 this and Terrorist that.    Hooray for Drama.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I had missed this game, thanks for pointing it out.

As for the OP, looks like its good riddance to bad rubbish.

PVP is one thing, griefing behavior has little in common with it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

I saw the original post and link to the guild and think the dev responded appropriately.  It is a RP-focused game with elements of PvP.  So it's a bit more community-focused pvp rather than the ganking kind.  They didn't ask to remove the guild, they just didn't want that particular thread to get further offensive.

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

Wow, you mean they made an mmoRPG that has PVP, yet they are maintaining the focus on roleplaying rather than PVP??  You mean they might actually NOT WANT the tweeny shooter xxThIsIsMyUs3rN4m3x players on their game???   They actually want to have meaningful pvp rather than just mindless ganking???  HOW DARE THEY...

Hmm.. I might have to snag this game when it comes out.. 

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Well, considering the guild charter looks like it was written by an angsty 10 year old, I can't say I blame them. I certainly wouldn't want you and your ilk anywhere near a game I was developing.

You are not PvPer's. You are griefers, and Aerrevan is far better off without you. Kudos to the devs for standing up for their game and not just blindly welcoming anybody with a wallet. Shows a lot of integrity.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

As others said .. so they should discourage the "xXPwndUXx" griefer type, good for them.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• kinzokukinzoku Member Posts: 29
    I read that thread and he seemed to have handled it nicely. The reason he said not to flame was because community members started to flame the poor guy.

If you don't like it, the people should just move on and/or ignore it.

Its only the people attempting to fight for carebear land that are arguing the points for the developers.

We arent griefers. I just wont kick people from the Guild because they choose to do it. We dont run Corpse Camping events, but I can tell you, the best way to start a fight is to mess with people. This is when they call in the troops.

Why look for a fight, when you can bring one to you?

It's simple gaming. For those that say you have played this and that, obviously you have stuck with the lighter side of things in those games. You gank, to inspire others Guildies to come fight for their people. This is how you get Guild vs Guild in World PvP. Deal with it.

My post here wasnt meant for drama, it was meant to spread the word. There arent many RPrs left in the World. I havent even played the game yet, but based off of what the dev said to me, yeah, the game will fail. I will resurrect this post later when it does ;) To meet todays needs, you HAVE to meet the needs of all player types. 

Gaming, Griefing, Corpse Camping = All is fair in love and war.

Hate me all you want, but without me, the world is boring. Without threat from another player coming around the corner the game feels dull. Without someone to get your adrenaline pumping, the game will lose its luster. If all you want is a safe haven, you might as well play a console game. Just saying.

What's funny is that everyone that responded here is over there too. :D No one else even gives a shit. But when the games FAQ catches their eye like it did mine, then they will see my post and:

1) Play it just to make your lives a living hell

2) Not play it which brings no revenue to the developers which eventually leads to shutting down the project :D

Good luck

• Elitekill4Elitekill4 Member Posts: 99

Its only the people attempting to fight for carebear land that are arguing the points for the developers.

We arent griefers. I just wont kick people from the Guild because they choose to do it. We dont run Corpse Camping events, but I can tell you, the best way to start a fight is to mess with people. This is when they call in the troops.

Why look for a fight, when you can bring one to you?

It's simple gaming. For those that say you have played this and that, obviously you have stuck with the lighter side of things in those games. You gank, to inspire others Guildies to come fight for their people. This is how you get Guild vs Guild in World PvP. Deal with it.

My post here wasnt meant for drama, it was meant to spread the word. There arent many RPrs left in the World. I havent even played the game yet, but based off of what the dev said to me, yeah, the game will fail. I will resurrect this post later when it does ;) To meet todays needs, you HAVE to meet the needs of all player types. 

Hate me all you want, but without me, the world is boring. Without threat from another player coming around the corner the game feels dull. Without someone to get your adrenaline pumping, the game will lose its luster. If all you want is a safe haven, you might as well play a console game. Just saying.

What's funny is that everyone that responded here is over there too. :D No one else even gives a shit. But when the games FAQ catches their eye like it did mine, then they will see my post and:

1) Play it just to make your lives a living hell

2) Not play it which brings no revenue to the developers which eventually leads to shutting down the project :D

Good luck

How ignorant can you get? Not much more than this guy, I'd hope.

Griefing ruins other peoples' experiences. What do you get out of it? Why don't you do REAL PvP instead of ganking/griefing people for lulz?

And why should the devs have to appeal to everyone?

• NesrieNesrie Member Posts: 648

If you are going to post a situation that happened you don't like, be prepared and accept the fact that not everyone reading will take your side. You seem to have a serious problem if your initial response to people who disagree with you is to insult them and tell them what kind of games they like, as if you know, and then proclaim yourself some sort of gift to the players of any game you deem with of gracing with your presence. I agree with the others. This isn't the kind behavior that makes PvP worthwhile and is one of the reasons a lot of people hate the very idea of PvP.

parrotpholk-Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better.

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

[Mod Edit]

Ganking is for 3 types of player: a) bullies b) cowards c) talentless losers, none of which make for a positive gaming community. So sorry mate, but you're in the minority and always will be in games that want to attract and retain decent casual player base, which is critical for an MMOs success.

Aryas 

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

Originally posted by Nesrie

If you are going to post a situation that happened you don't like, be prepared and accept the fact that not everyone reading will take your side. You seem to have a serious problem if your initial response to people who disagree with you is to insult them and tell them what kind of games they like, as if you know, and then proclaim yourself some sort of gift to the players of any game you deem with of gracing with your presence. I agree with the others. This isn't the kind behavior that makes PvP worthwhile and is one of the reasons a lot of people hate the very idea of PvP.

So play a game without PvP. It's pretty simple.

What's even more hilarious is that you can choose to PvP in this game or not. It says that you can join a Guild and Alliance which opens up open PvP. If you dont, I assume you dont have PvP and you can dance around in your dresses and sing lollerskates all day long [mod edit}

So if the gaming mechanics give you an option to sit safely in the land of milk and honey, then why does it matter what we represent? It doesn't.

• epicorepicor Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

Originally posted by Elitekill4

How ignorant can you get? Not much more than this guy, I'd hope.Griefing ruins other peoples' experiences. What do you get out of it? Why don't you do REAL PvP instead of ganking/griefing people for lulz?And why should the devs have to appeal to everyone?

define real pvp? griefing is still player vs player, though honestly we aren't really spawn campers or corpse campers

and to be h onest, I'm sure the AI from the mobs in Aerrevan will be lack luster, as every other MMO... watching your back, the element of surprise and the competition with real people is what online gaming should always be about.. imo :D

if you wanna experience a good rpg, I hear dragon age is great, I'm sure you could even start up a vent server and talk to people while playing the same game :D

hahahahaha.  vinter +1

@the naysayers:  Griefing as an end is futile, ignorant and demoralizing.  Griefing as a means to instigate clan warfare,  server unity and player interaction is not.  Learn to tell the difference and you may find whole new avenues of gaming become available.

• I do understand the OP somewhat. Though I would have liked a link to the thread.

If a MMO allows PvP, then the players should be allowed to make use of that feature, even if that means griefing or ganking. Though if I don't know what's so fun about ganking. I also know it destroys the experience for other players, but if there is PvP in a MMO, either the mechanics of the game have to prevent players who don't want to do PvP from being ganked, or the player should choose another game. All players should know what they get into when they play a PvP MMO.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by epicor

Originally posted by Elitekill4

How ignorant can you get? Not much more than this guy, I'd hope.Griefing ruins other peoples' experiences. What do you get out of it? Why don't you do REAL PvP instead of ganking/griefing people for lulz?And why should the devs have to appeal to everyone?

define real pvp? griefing is still player vs player, though honestly we aren't really spawn campers or corpse campers

and to be h onest, I'm sure the AI from the mobs in Aerrevan will be lack luster, as every other MMO... watching your back, the element of surprise and the competition with real people is what online gaming should always be about.. imo :D

if you wanna experience a good rpg, I hear dragon age is great, I'm sure you could even start up a vent server and talk to people while playing the same game :D

hahahahaha.  vinter +1

@the naysayers:  Griefing as an end is futile, ignorant and demoralizing.  Griefing as a means to instigate clan warfare,  server unity and player interaction is not.  Learn to tell the difference and you may find whole new avenues of gaming become available.

Sadly, the two are pretty indistiguishable and more often than not, griefing is done for its own sake, and not some sort of noble purpose.

Speaking of PVP, I prefer mine has a purpose, a goal, a reason to occur, otherwise leave me the hell alone in my games.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SimperFiSimperFi Member Posts: 108

I see this has a good deal of posts already so I don't know if anyone will even read mine, but I'm putting it up here anyway.

To the OP, I'm not a carebear buddy not in the least. I see violence as a part of human nature and a simple and effective way to solving problems.

Now that said, I read your reply about these people arguing for "carebear land". Look, we call these games MMORPGS...RPGS...ROLE PLAYING GAME. So you need to calm down and have mommy take you off the pills. If you want to talk hardcore, send me your address and if you live close enough maybe I'll have a talk with your parents about what you're doing on the internet (at the very least).

I've seen thousands of little whimps like you acting tough of the internet and I'm sick of it. You wanna talk about hardcore? Back up and reconsider who you are, sweetheart.

This developer was protecting his community from little punks. God bless him. We're tired of putting up with ignorant shite-heads   (that's not a spelling error) who just want to ruin games. and YES YOU ARE A GRIEFER get over yourself.

THank you sit down and shut up. Assuming you had the attention span to read this whole message.

• Miner-2049erMiner-2049er Member Posts: 435

Yes, we all secretly want to be ganked and griefed, and we all want to play games where our corpses are camped. I'm glad you came along because all the games were just so boring before you showed up. I guess you're like the Al Capone of the internet, and everyone is scared of you.

• Hellrazor27Hellrazor27 Member Posts: 55

LMAO if they want this to be a role playing game then DONT put PvP in it and dont give "Freedom" .As long as the game has PvP you will have guys like me and clan like Noxxious that just want to wreck your day.

PS .Thanks to the guy who posted this we love the chatter about us.

• CubeForceCubeForce Member Posts: 3

The PM referenced at the start of this thread was sent when a post was removed from this guilds recruitment thread. The post was removed because Ashlura (mmorpg.com username) had lashed out at a number of our community members who did not agree with the guild ideologies. The post was in violation of many forum rules and used very strong language. The recruitment thread was not removed and the admin did not tell them their guild was unwelcome. He simply stated that the response our community was giving him was to be expected considering Aerrevans target audience and he should refrain from lashing out at people who disagree with him in such an extreme manner. Ashlura then decided to withdraw his guild recruitment thread and seems to now believe the developers of Aerrevan are against PvP guilds. PvP is a central component of Aerrevan, we have a number of features designed purely for the PvP market. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and maybe Aerrevan is not right for a greifer guild, but that does not mean that we are anti-pvp. Such a claim is very clearly not based on factual information, but rather the emotions of this community member. If anyone has any further questions regarding our stance on PvP, please feel free to ask them, I will be watching this thread.

CubeForce Media - Aerrevan Development Team

Discover Aerrevan at www.aerrevan.com

• Azen77Azen77 Member UncommonPosts: 125

Originally posted by Kyleran

Sadly, the two are pretty indistiguishable and more often than not, griefing is done for its own sake, and not some sort of noble purpose.

Speaking of PVP, I prefer mine has a purpose, a goal, a reason to occur, otherwise leave me the hell alone in my games.

but seriously, what is noble about a video game to begin with?

That's the problem. Just like in forums, people people somehow feel that communication and interaction through electronic media makes you unaccountable to the normal courtesies of society. You intereact with people in an MMO, that's where any nobility would come in.

Personally, though I love PvP, I don't attack lower level people or people I see questing/low life and minding their own business because I was raised to treat others how you want to be treated. Might seem strange to not have a double standard for the 'Internet' but that's because I wasn't raised in the cocky self deserving 90's.

Thanks to this post though, I'm also checking out Aerrevan, heh.

UO,AC1&2,EQ1&2,DAOC,SB,SWG,FFXI, Horizons,EvE,E&B,AO,WoW,VG, Lineage,GW,TR,LotR,AoC,CoH,DDO a myriad of FtP...and still looking...

• epicorepicor Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Kyleran

hahahahaha.  vinter +1

I have to question whether you read, and understood my post.  As you said, a purpose.  Like clan warfare, server unity and player interaction...?

• cjy420cjy420 Member Posts: 27

I have to say that i find games boring if there arent real life "villains".  Whenever i start a game i look at the world chat or forums and find the guild that everyone loves to hate.  That way if a group of my friends see one of them we will give em a hard time just as they do.  

Having a "villain" guild can and will provoke, some non pvpers into pvp.....it happened to me.  Theres a certain composure that these "bad guys" should have when conducting themselves, like keeping language clean and insults to mere hits on ego and not corpse camping.  Its real easy to go from the "bad guy" to the "biggest douche in the universe".

This discussion has been closed.