Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An App they *need* to come out with....

GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I would go racing to buy an iphone right now if they could interface with a local DMV's waiting list. Everytime I have to go to the place I end up waiting 30-40 minutes just to get a number, then a good 2 hours of checking back in after finding something else to do during the long-ass wait. If there was an app to warn me when my number is about 10 calls away from being called itsself, I would be stoked.

Whoever figures this out would be rich!

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Originally posted by GTwander

I would go racing to buy an iphone right now if they could interface with a local DMV's waiting list. Everytime I have to go to the place I end up waiting 30-40 minutes just to get a number, then a good 2 hours of checking back in after finding something else to do during the long-ass wait. If there was an app to warn me when my number is about 10 calls away from being called itsself, I would be stoked.

Only problem is that would require the DMV to update a site with the info... I dont see that happing :(

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Anything requiring the DMV to put any more effort into something like this is asking too much, but my state is in dire economic troubles, so you can bet your ass that if this app fed money to them (and therefore to highway patrol and other ordinances) then they would consider it. Money is money.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I renewed my driver's license on the internet. It took less than five minutes.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

I don’t know… I think the money would be in the app that tells you when your number is up for the coming health care system… you think two hour wait for their DMV is long?? Muuaahaahaha

Wow! Your DMV line is quick! *nods*

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Originally posted by grunty

I renewed my driver's license on the internet. It took less than five minutes.

Yeah, I was about to say. Tag registrations are commonly online payable as well. I haven't had to go to the DMV in years. I didn't think anyone had to except teens seeking driving tests.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

New licenses, change of titles, lots of stuff. If everyone had it that easy, then why is the DMV the way it always is?

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

New licenses, change of titles, lots of stuff. If everyone had it that easy, then why is the DMV the way it always is?

Not to be mean but it is because of the state you live in.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

I've always noticed that in movies, sitcoms and stuff. It looks like a fairly depressing place which takes forever for you guys to renew your driving licence.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Even for things you're required to appear in person for, aren't you able to make appointments?

People pretty much wait in line because they don't plan ahead, or believe there's no options. It's no different with people who still stand in lines to pay phone and utility bills.

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Originally posted by seabass2003

Not to be mean but it is because of the state you live in.

Yyyyyyyyyup. They say Sh*t rolls down hill, coincidently Sacramento is to the north of us on the map(up). don’t worry, CA. has always been the testing ground for things before they make it to the rest of the states, so at some point you won’t be missing out on all the fun ;)

SD is actually the exception to things in the area, I mean as they tend to follow Sacramento’s lead while areas further north tend to try to resist. But I think it's more about our cities in general, and especially worse the further you go north. Kingdoms of backwards bureaucracy, really.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.