Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How bad is WOW's bot problem?

CavallCavall Member Posts: 272

Well, its that simple, just answer the poll. Also, where do you usually see said bots? Battlegrounds and all around northrend here.

Comments

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Polls that ask questions about in game mechanics or happenings are irrelevant. 

The reason is simple, even if you don't play said game, your gonna vote something to see the poll results.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Carious are you checking on your bots for WoW? Joking of course.

• CavallCavall Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by Mazin

The reason is simple, even if you don't play said game, your gonna vote something to see the poll results.

Ya know, thats really a great reason to make the results viewabe without voting or something...

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

with so many instances and the higher the level get, the more instances can be botted without ever being seen, so my bet is that no1 really know how big the problem is. So i voted every day because they are there you just dont really see them bot the instance

unless you check the AH and see how many of the same people sell tons and tons of cloth and hides etc and back when i was playing there where quite a few of those.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

Mourn your own loss foolish human, where you see a problem caused by your own self-imposed laws i see opportunity, where you troll the forums crying out to the almighty devs to free you of the plague, i make tons of gold, for i take things as they truly are and use them best to help my goal.

Know that the glyphs you buy, the pots you drink, the gems you wear come all at the cheap price you desire only through the plague you detest so much.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I was tempted to vote "NEVER" since I'm not playing WoW :D

Originally posted by Reizla

I was tempted to vote "NEVER" since I'm not playing WoW :D

Yeah, pretty sure the nevers are people who don't play as well, which kind of makes my post useless..needed an additional option for "I don't play, I just want to see the results." Too late now though.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Originally posted by Aison2

Mourn your own loss foolish human, where you see a problem caused by your own self-imposed laws i see opportunity, where you troll the forums crying out to the almighty devs to free you of the plague, i make tons of gold, for i take things as they truly are and use them best to help my goal.

Know that the glyphs you buy, the pots you drink, the gems you wear come all at the cheap price you desire only through the plague you detest so much.

So only bots craft in this game? Okay... ;)

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

In five years of playing wow Ive seen a bot once. This was Pre-BC, and was in Azshara. The bot was freaking out because I tagged and kited a mob it was going for. I tried running it off the cliff, but killed myself in the process. When I ran back, it was just running in circles near the edge of the cliff.

I haven't seen anything else behave like that in game. I really don 't believe that WoW has that big of a bot problem. Its real "problem" is with human farmers.

Perhaps there are tons of bots running amuck, but I haven't seen any obvious bots in since that day 3 years ago.

Refer to my current avatar for what I wish I could do to the guy who bots and trolled my thread.

Also, bots are much more complicated nowadays, they are actually programmed to go to a specific point in a battleground and cast a single spell or rotation of spells (much like an actual player) and turn when needed. I've seen eye of the storm resto druid bots that cast entangling roots over and over as well as nourish at times. I've seen warrior bots in AB that just run at things and then die, and even when deserter debuff is applied are not kicked. I've seen rogue bots that follow someone, assist, then just spam mutilate. I've seen WG bots hacking under the terrain t mine and herb at level 70.

Just a few ways you may have "missed" a bot and thought it was an actual player.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Leucrotta

with so many instances and the higher the level get, the more instances can be botted without ever being seen, so my bet is that no1 really know how big the problem is. So i voted every day because they are there you just dont really see them bot the instance

unless you check the AH and see how many of the same people sell tons and tons of cloth and hides etc and back when i was playing there where quite a few of those.

Not true.  I tend to watch the auction house for items like that and buy them when they are really cheap, and hold on to a bunch and just sell them off when the prices go up.  In fact, I used to take saronite ore and prospect it and would end up with well over a hundered gems that I would sell. 

All in all, they may not be up there like that  because they are botting, but rather they are trading commodities.

• donkyloldonkylol Member Posts: 20

There are tons of bots in WoW just go into a bg and chances are there will be atleast one bot. the reason people dont think theyv seen them is because there designed not to pull attention to themselfes and not get banned but iv seen 4 bots in one Warsong match before.

• Edit: posted forgeting about BG bots, yeah those are bad and pretty much ruin BGs. Hopefully rated BG will keep the bots in check by having them not get into games.

Bots outside of BGs in the open world are not so bad. People who say people selling large quantities of stuff on the AH are bots are not aware that one of the largest gold makers in WoW is playing the AH like the stockmarket in real life. Buy low sell high. I have had up over 500 epic gems on the AH at one time, but in no way does that mean I bot rofl. Also due to that reason alone is why they are coming up with the AH iphone app. They know the AH is a huge draw and a game in itself to some people.