Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lvl 55 content - worth coming back? #2

Hey guys,

I asked a similar question a half year ago, but was told it's not worth returning back then.

But how's the situation nowadays? Did anything change at all in the last 6-7 months, especially in terms of grinding vs reward?

Because this was the main reason for me to quit back in Feb09:

Back then there just wasn't anything left to do for me than maxing out KDQ/SoD faction... and with all this faction grinding I totally burned myself out of this game... I just couldn't deal with the idea that I had to go through this with all of my chars if I wanted to get my hands on the improvements... improvements which were in fact still waaay too small to justify the time invested into all this grinding - but on the other hand were required if you wanted to keep your char up to date, since there just wasn't any other way to archive something similar (like the permanent passive buff).

So as of May '10, is the new content still all about grinding instead of an actual challenge? And is the amount of grinding worth the trouble? How's raiding nowadays? How's the overall situation for a lvl55 like?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by Knupps

Hey guys,

I asked a similar question a half year ago, but was told it's not worth returning back then.

But how's the situation nowadays? Did anything change at all in the last 6-7 months, especially in terms of grinding vs reward?

Back then there just wasn't anything left to do for me than maxing out KDQ/SoD faction... and with all this faction grinding I totally burned myself out of this game... I just couldn't deal with the idea that I had to go through this with all of my chars if I wanted to get my hands on the improvements... improvements which were in fact still waaay too small to justify the time invested into all this grinding - but on the other hand were required if you wanted to keep your char up to date, since there just wasn't any other way to archive something similar (like the permanent passive buff).

So as of May '10, is the new content still all about grinding instead of an actual challenge? And is the amount of grinding worth the trouble? How's raiding nowadays? How's the overall situation for a lvl55 like?

Thanks in advance

Its may 26th..

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by Proson

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

Its may 26th..

He said May '10 as in the year, not the day.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

Its may 26th..

Lol, priceless.

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

Originally posted by Speedhaak

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

Its may 26th..

Lol, priceless.

Seconded -

about the game, i cant tell you as i am not there, but i do not mind grindfests and other things this game has. I will let you know but i am only level 12 so it will be a while.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

there are a few new dungeons, with the good ol' more en route but how it really is, hmm i guess its better

no more need to farm for spell bits anyway so am happy :P

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

If you are capped and not interested in rolling an alt... no nothing has changed.

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

Imo, one reason for the resurgence of people is due to the solo/small group/group content they have pushed out lately.

Yes, there are things for you to do at 55.  There is the huge POTA grind which has great armor and epic weapons.

There is Magi Hold Chapters 1, 2 and 3.  All with rewarding content and loot.  It received praise from the community when it was launched earlier this year.  Additionally, Magi Hold Chapter 3 also released raid content.  The raid content was released with a lot of test server testing done prior.  The final launched product was a lot of fun and quite enjoyable.  Very minor bugs existed and were squashed by Ikik rather quickly.  The raid loot is really nice and the encounter are creative and fun.

Shadow Hilsbury has been released and it has 4 named and a boss.  Takes a little while to go through it but the loot is nice and the final 12 man raid boss drops sweet loot and it is comparable to the Xenn encounter but vampire style.  We enjoy it a lot and its a big change from the rest of the content.

There's plenty to do at 55 and we're enjoying it.

• KnuppsKnupps Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Raav

Imo, one reason for the resurgence of people is due to the solo/small group/group content they have pushed out lately.

Yes, there are things for you to do at 55.  There is the huge POTA grind which has great armor and epic weapons.

There is Magi Hold Chapters 1, 2 and 3.  All with rewarding content and loot.  It received praise from the community when it was launched earlier this year.  Additionally, Magi Hold Chapter 3 also released raid content.  The raid content was released with a lot of test server testing done prior.  The final launched product was a lot of fun and quite enjoyable.  Very minor bugs existed and were squashed by Ikik rather quickly.  The raid loot is really nice and the encounter are creative and fun.

Shadow Hilsbury has been released and it has 4 named and a boss.  Takes a little while to go through it but the loot is nice and the final 12 man raid boss drops sweet loot and it is comparable to the Xenn encounter but vampire style.  We enjoy it a lot and its a big change from the rest of the content.

There's plenty to do at 55 and we're enjoying it.

Thx this post helped me alot

So the only downside seems to be the POTA grind (which, from what I read, seems to be really bad and no.1 reason to quit for most)... especially since there doesn't seem to be a way around it, as the tier armor and epic weapons are a must have from what I read.

But I guess I can live with that since the rest really sounds promising... and since there just doesn't seem to be a replacement for this game... infact my comeback to EQ2 and AOC just reminded me on how much I actually miss Vanguard... will make my comeback on my next vacation.

• hamvortexxhamvortexx Member Posts: 4

give it a shot, lots of new content and fun things to do - new content coming soon (as in I am testing it with my guild in the next 2 weeks)

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

There are some new things added in that range as well as in the 70 range too. There is another content patch coming but you have to look for the info because SOE is not advertising it for some reason.

A bunch of us on this site got together and made a guild called After Hours, and you are welcome to join up. There are now over 314 people (very few alts) and even at 3 am, we hae as many as 15 people online doing stuff together.

Good luck.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Cough cap is 55 cough.  The problem with the After Hours guild  is its filled with noobs in a game 3 years after launch that isn't terribly good at pointing things out unless you have an active quest for it.

The guild I'm in on Xeth has 355 players, mostly 55s who run alts.  So when I ask a question or for help... I get it.  Now back to Telon, got me a shadowhound to quest for =)

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by Solude

Cough cap is 55 cough.  The problem with the After Hours guild  is its filled with noobs in a game 3 years after launch that isn't terribly good at pointing things out unless you have an active quest for it.

The guild I'm in on Xeth has 355 players, mostly 55s who run alts.  So when I ask a question or for help... I get it.  Now back to Telon, got me a shadowhound to quest for =)

The "70" remark was a joke, sorry my sense of humor doesn't read well. And I think insulting an entire guild with the term "noob' is both narrow-minded, snobby,  and disrespectful...especially when someone is offering you help.

What makes a guild good is the personality and maturity of the players, not how fast they got to max level. Good luck with your next game, I hope you find what you are looking for.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

agreed sig, and you really shouldnt underestimate a whole guild by level alone. Several of us are 50+ even if our characters may not reflect it.