Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

48.3 plus hours a week to be hardcore / PC still most used in US

KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

I could certainly see myself playing that many hours if I had a good MMO to play. It's also interesting to see PC's still the most used gaming platform. Considering, though, that people that are at work most often have Facebook up and are playing games on it, it doesn't surprise. It's easier to conceal than a PSP or DS.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/study-extreme-gamers-play-48-hours-a-week/1400467

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

Comments

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

Guess I'm not hardcore then.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Guess I was never hardcore even when I once thought I was (played perhaps up to 30 hours a week years ago).

But reading that article closely, I believe they are NOT lumping all consoles together in their metric. Hence the PC comes out the winner, and they create a catchy and surprising headline to grab the reader by the nuts. However console games outsell PC games by what, something like 10-1? I would think that's more like your real number.

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

Originally posted by Pynda

Guess I was never hardcore even when I once thought I was (played perhaps up to 30 hours a week years ago).

But reading that article closely, I believe they are NOT lumping all consoles together in their metric. Hence the PC comes out the winner, and they create a catchy and surprising headline to grab the reader by the nuts. However console games outsell PC games by what, something like 10-1? I would think that's more like your real number.

No.

Sales do not reflect active participants. Nowhere close. Online, there are many free games because of the sharing nature of the internet. Consoles are enclosed environments, and thus distribution (box sales) are a bigger deal.

I could play the nuggets off of addictinggames.com and not pay a cent. Or, I could purchase the latest indie console game that has about 30 hours of gameplay.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

48 hours gaming !?

I work 45 hours a week ! LOL

• BlackMan656BlackMan656 Member Posts: 8

yes i   play games that much to afte ri get off of work im playing constantly everyone should check out this game called 4Story i love it great poeple great pvp and everything