Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Icarus studios closing

edutyeduty Member Posts: 17

I've got it on good authority that Icarus Studios, makers of the Fallen Earth MMO, are going under. MMO bloggers and journalists might want to tap their contacts in the Raleigh, NC area.

Comments

  • ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

    WOW? i hope its not true. FE has its faults but that game deserves a chance.

  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

    I found this:

    30 April 2010 4:29 pm

    According to our source, employees were asked to meet together at approximately 10:30 this morning, where they were told that the studio would be closing, effective immediately. They could remain until approximately 1 PM, say their goodbyes, clean up their things and collect a final paycheck, but that was that. Our source also says that much of the equipment (motion-capture cameras and the like) had apparently been sold.

     

    LINK

    image

  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,171

    They restructured the company and laid off a lot of people, which is a normal procedure in small companies once the game ships and the post-launch bugs are ironed out.

    Check out my monthly column on MMORPG.com.

    image

  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

    it doesnt mean anything !the tgame is finished so the rest is all maintenance so the game can survive years without anybody touching it.(the chronicle of spellborn is a good exemple)the game is polished enough most of the time fe will be able to go trough with just a server restart wich now a day anyboss can do.so dont worry about fe it wont affect it at all.at least not in the next 18 month unless they cant even pay that(witch i highly doubt)

  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,171

    Originally posted by drbaltazar

    it doesnt mean anything !the tgame is finished so the rest is all maintenance so the game can survive years without anybody touching it.(the chronicle of spellborn is a good exemple)the game is polished enough most of the time fe will be able to go trough with just a server restart wich now a day anyboss can do.so dont worry about fe it wont affect it at all.at least not in the next 18 month unless they cant even pay that(witch i highly doubt)

    Fallen Earth is doing quite well for itself, and the developers are still doing regular content updates with more on the way.

    It's not a huge MMO, but it is well populated. Much more than many other indie MMO developers can say.

    Check out my monthly column on MMORPG.com.

    image

  • eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

    Originally posted by outfctrl

    I found this:

    30 April 2010 4:29 pm

    According to our source, employees were asked to meet together at approximately 10:30 this morning, where they were told that the studio would be closing, effective immediately. They could remain until approximately 1 PM, say their goodbyes, clean up their things and collect a final paycheck, but that was that. Our source also says that much of the equipment (motion-capture cameras and the like) had apparently been sold.

     

    LINK

    6 May 2010 3:15 pm

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100381-Update-Icarus-Studios-Responds-to-Closure-Report

    -Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

  • zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484

    This happened a month ago so why are we dredging it up again?

    "We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

  • eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

    Originally posted by zymurgeist

    This happened a month ago so why are we dredging it up again?

    Dunno. Some people just don't keep up on stuff, i guess.

    -Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

Sign In or Register to comment.