Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

I guess ATI got tired of Nvidia dragging their feet about releasing PhysX  to other developers. I don't know what all the fuss is anyway. To me, PhysX is crap and would have died if Nvidia hadn't bought the technology. Nvidia has a history of buying companies  to eliminate competition. I still have a brand new Voodoo card in the box and a Uli motherboard that virtually became useless when Nvidia bought the companies and sidelined them.

Best of luck to ATI. Now about those drivers...

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

AMD Fusion is more then just the APU.  It attempts to create a better working system for the entire computing environment.  Thats the ultimate goal of Fusion.  The headways in the case of graphics cards started to come in the HD38xx series with the interlink that theoretically could make for better crossfire scaling on video cards with a dis-similar amount of PPUs.

The fact they are bringing on the guy who started the discrete physics solution means they want parallel processing to be a heavy part of the design.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

LOL i have a physx card i bought awhile back and i run a 5850 and the physx card stays in my computer parts box.

Installed it and my FPS actually drop same on my GF comp and she has 2x 8800 ultras. image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true