Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attention Wowzers

pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

I read too many people making threads about how they were hacked and wow support was the pits.

I got an email today. Apparently my contact info was changed and i was conviniently provided a link to verify it.

I didn't use the provided link to check it and it turns out my account info was not changed.

Don't belive everything you see. No matter how legit it may seem when it comes to your account security. Just don't take chances and assume the worse.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
-Yes.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by pussaykat

I read too many people making threads about how they were hacked and wow support was the pits.

I got an email today. Apparently my contact info was changed and i was conviniently provided a link to verify it.

I didn't use the provided link to check it and it turns out my account info was not changed.

Don't belive everything you see. No matter how legit it may seem when it comes to your account security. Just don't take chances and assume the worse.

This may not be new to you guys, but I just came back from months off, with the new battlenet e-mail thing.  And now I betting spam e-mails from farmers.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Just got a tell last night from a person call Blizzcass, saying that my account gona be shut down soon due to some issues. All my guidlies got it too...

Very Lame...

RIP Orc Choppa

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by arctarus

Just got a tell last night from a person call Blizzcass, saying that my account gona be shut down soon due to some issues. All my guidlies got it too...

Very Lame...

Had the same thing. Very very poor. But I bet some people, especialy children will fall for it.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I loved it when they sent me tells like that. It gave me an chance to make sure I still knew how to spell many different swear words. Then I would just spam the hell out of whoever sent that tell to me. Sometimes I could get them to log off if I was persistent enough.

• TyratopsTyratops Member Posts: 98

Thank you for telling us about the existance of emails designed to steal your account info, I did not know these existed.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Symantec Uncovers Cache of 44 Million Stolen Gaming Accounts

World of WarCraft and Aion among those with compromised accounts.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179529

RIP Orc Choppa

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

43,900,000 farmville accounts stolen.