Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some player made video...

WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68

edit: Videos removed by produces/developers due to poor quality, hopefully they will make some to replace.

Comments

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

I dunno. The graphics look fine, but some aspects of it just raise serious red flags... i.e. the way the character runs. The arm movement is all wrong, and if you'll notice the movement is immediate - most modern MMORPG's gain momentum the first few milliseconds and then hit full speed.

I think we've critiqued the appearance of the game enough though... time for some actual understanding of the gameplay.

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Thats BS that its only due to the FRAPS program(I can do the same thing as high res at FryCry or HL2 w/ no problem). That is just bad Frames.

• bugmenbugmen Member Posts: 61

Maybe all there beta testers have bad computers. Or maybe its just one hell of a ping conecting to romania or were ever they are.::::05::

Ive used Fraps a lot with a modern computer not top notch ill list specs below it droped my frame rate 2-3 fps.

CPU athlon XP 2.2
    1 gig ram
    ti 4600 nvidia

The only game that it ive had problems with is shadow bane. This is becues shadow bane doesnt use any of the video cards stuff just pulls major load from the proccsor.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by DerfelCadarn
    Thats BS that its only due to the FRAPS program(I can do the same thing as high res at FryCry or HL2 w/ no problem). That is just bad Frames.

Agreed.

I was looking forward to Mourning. I look at the animations though and I just want to cry. They are about the most horrible thing i've seen since early 2000.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68

Below is from the person who made the vids:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes from the vid "director"

Tsss... didn t think people would analyse these vids so darn seriously.

Ok then, a few comments:

First off, Sabbie, gratz on the skills, I can't believe you did that last night!! I bow to your knowledge.

Secondly, as far as framerate is concerned, I wrote in a warning post on the beta forums that these movies were not made on the latest build of the client AND that using Fraps decreases my FPS by about 30-40% sometimes even more when I start recording. Granted, my CPU is a few years old...

I would suggest you wait until the NDA is lifted before making any kind of judgement or assumptions regarding performance and especially not based on vids made by an amateur on an aging PC using resource intensive freeware (I should know, I made the bloody vids)

Thirdly, I made the vids before the GUI was made public so I hid it on pupose. Yes, you can do that.
    (secmanx, I m eagerly waiting for your half dozen movies by next Wednesday)

Like I said, just enjoy these vids for what they are: short ingame scenes recorded on amateur gear. These are NOT trailers or advertisement so reserve your judgement for when the game goes public and you can run it on your PCs.

I didn t post earlier because I thought all these comments were pretty obvious but it looks like sometimes even the obvious needs to be highlighted.

Peace

Oh yeah and :

- Nocturnum, I usually set gamma pretty high as default. Bad habit of mine from the raven shield days.

- Cothor, what NPC village? None of the outdoor scenes were filmed in residential areas... You're making assumptions and wrong ones at that. Like I said, please wait until the NDA is lifted before judging.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

lol do you all copy and past your comments from the mourning site to here or visa versa? rofl , too funny.. Anywho take the new screen shots, then look at the vids and u get a full feel for the game. While vids are far below well made, they do give a good excample of in game play. It's ovious to me that the devs picked people with terrible systems (or minimal specs) which if you ask me is a smart move. But eh, I think looking at it from both screen shots and the vids is a good way to get a feel for it. Taking the vids on their own? ewwwwww.. bad idea.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• RubycatRubycat Member Posts: 223

No they dont. you cant tell a damn thing from those videos what gameplay may be like..
    --

its a look at some static Npcs
    its a guy running in the forest
    its the inside of an inn
    its a horse
    its a wolf howling

Gameplay isnt running around or looking at the inside of a building or a few npcs and animals.
    ---

still cant believe they are so "close" to open beta but still havent lifted the NDA (heck the combat video with that spider battle is still a good year old and it was horrible (Hopefully they made combat better since then)

• WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from Admini on Mourning Forums:

these vids stink.

It looks about a million times better in the game.

I will try to record my own vids later since I have registered copies of everything and some decent movie shrinking software.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty funny when the people running the game bash the player made vids.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

They dont look groundbreaking but I take Chaintm's point that if you combine the polish of the screen shots as a mental projection of the video it makes more sense.

BTW chaintm I wouldnt be giggling about posts being brought here from Mourning's forums. We do that because the mods here allow open rational discussion without banning people. Since I notice youve only got 4 posts and a Burning Horde siggy Im guessing your fresh from the Mourning forums yourself but Im not laughing at you for that. Welcome to proper forums, please say what you think and have no fear of being unfairly dealt with.image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

At some points, the graphics look pretty decent(landscape) but alot of time they look kinda funky and the graphics are no better than EQ1. And the way they walk is really bizarre looking.

• RubycatRubycat Member Posts: 223

looks more DAOC looking.

• NattydreadNattydread Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by WoWisLEET
    these vids stink. It looks about a million times better in the game. I will try to record my own vids later since I have registered copies of everything and some decent movie shrinking software.

The videos were made by beta players wishing to add some information to the community. Perhaps the end result was not perfect, but it shows the quality of the community in general.

Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
    You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
    You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
    Now water can flow or it can crash!
    Be water, my friend.
    ~Bruce Lee

bah double posting :P

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Originally posted by Razorback

They dont look groundbreaking but I take Chaintm's point that if you combine the polish of the screen shots as a mental projection of the video it makes more sense.
    BTW chaintm I wouldnt be giggling about posts being brought here from Mourning's forums. We do that because the mods here allow open rational discussion without banning people. Since I notice youve only got 4 posts and a Burning Horde siggy Im guessing your fresh from the Mourning forums yourself but Im not laughing at you for that. Welcome to proper forums, please say what you think and have no fear of being unfairly dealt with.image

lol aye, yea, but as you can see here i registered a year ago or so, eh just nothing here I ever wanted to post on. The reason I came here is to somewhat defend mourning, Not that I care about people who bash it, but more for the people looking into it. Mark my words if this game does see light( yes I said if it does, nothing is ever in stone) it will be a game that starts small but grows to the top. Meaning people will come in droves once they hear about it. To me, if they pull this off, we are looking at a whole new genre in the online gaming scene.

All games have the 50! ding done and then do uber quest. This game works on being a player ended. Meaning skilling up is fairly quick, but the game is based on more pvp then questing etc... I see good things for this game once it's out.

It will be one of those titles like back in UO days were a few heard about it and then a ton followed on board. Thou again, I am hoping like many that this does come out., eh never know what can happen.

oh and off the topic, have you guys noticed all the spam EQII advertisement all over the web? giving out free accounts now it seems to get people to play, lol i think that's funny. I was one sucker who tried it, thou never again, talk about a grind of a game, pretty thou :)

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by chaintm

Mark my words if this game does see light( yes I said if it does, nothing is ever in stone) it will be a game that starts small but grows to the top. Meaning people will come in droves once they hear about it. To me, if they pull this off, we are looking at a whole new genre in the online gaming scene.

/agree

I miss DAoC

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Nattydread
    Originally posted by WoWisLEET
    these vids stink. It looks about a million times better in the game. I will try to record my own vids later since I have registered copies of everything and some decent movie shrinking software.

The videos were made by beta players wishing to add some information to the community. Perhaps the end result was not perfect, but it shows the quality of the community in general.

And all the sudden now after the players finally put out something they won't now he is pulling them because he is gonna put out better? I REALLY have to question their business practices. Now you got beta players just to bring morale back to the player base of the game because the game company isn't. Am I seeing this wrong?

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Jackdog
    Mark my words if this game does see light( yes I said if it does, nothing is ever in stone) it will be a game that starts small but grows to the top. Meaning people will come in droves once they hear about it. To me, if they pull this off, we are looking at a whole new genre in the online gaming scene.

/agree

You gotta be kidding me. This game will never raise above the 2000 people they can have on one server no matter what. It has neither the hype, nor a cool looking envoriment, and groups of missing features to ever be the next big thing. Some small game from some eastern block country, with a bad english speaking/nazi dev team-::::39::

Originally posted by Shrubber

Originally posted by Jackdog

/agree

You gotta be kidding me. This game will never raise above the 2000 people they can have on one server no matter what. It has neither the hype, nor a cool looking envoriment, and groups of missing features to ever be the next big thing. Some small game from some eastern block country, with a bad english speaking/nazi dev team-::::39::

LOL , I laugh at people who post like this, "the devs suck" "they are from some back eastern country" "no English" lol just because they don't come from your own mama's womb , they are inferior. Hey Shrubber , here is a word you should know , it fits you to a "t" .. bigot.

This game is nothing from the norm, it will always be under .1 percent of the mmorpg population.

This game is nothing from the norm, it will always be under .1 percent of the mmorpg population.

and I give guild wars 1 year of possible play time the will goto the gravyard from which it came. Nothing is free.

This game is nothing from the norm, it will always be under .1 percent of the mmorpg population.and I give guild wars 1 year of possible play time the will goto the gravyard from which it came. Nothing is free.

So, a year is fine for me. The longest I have played a mmorpg was a year(UO). Either way, I will never have to quit the game, so I dont have to feel guility about nothing playing(which I do with monthly fee games)- its good for causal players. But honestly, mourning doesnt have pull to ever make it mainstream.

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Shrubber Originally posted by JackdogOriginally posted by chaintm
    /agree You gotta be kidding me. This game will never raise above the 2000 people they can have on one server no matter what. It has neither the hype, nor a cool looking envoriment, and groups of missing features to ever be the next big thing. Some small game from some eastern block country, with a bad english speaking/nazi dev team-
    LOL , I laugh at people who post like this, "the devs suck" "they are from some back eastern country" "no English" lol just because they don't come from your own mama's womb , they are inferior. Hey Shrubber , here is a word you should know , it fits you to a "t" .. bigot.

Lets see, they censor all of the comments(even there fellow devs thoughts). The post IP of personal enemies. This is not a professional american company. Its not that they are inferior, but poor translations are both annoying and unprofessional. There is a massive lists of eastern eurpoean/russian games that get shipped over here are not up to standard. You didnt make any points, I didn't "bigot" anything.

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Mainstram game lol? Even with all the fanboys, the game doesnt make it on mmorpg.com top 10 hype list.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

At some points, the graphics look pretty decent(landscape) but alot of time they look kinda funky and the graphics are no better than EQ1. And the way they walk is really bizarre looking.

Their terrain looks fair, equal to that of current EQ 1 (newer expansions), their models and animations really lack however.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World