Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Groups- New player on Wicanna

GrubbsGradyGrubbsGrady Member UncommonPosts: 371

Hey folks, I just picked up AoC:RotG and made a character on the Wicanna server- I plan to try out with some RP guilds later on once I happen to stumple upon them, but would also like to get some grouping together in the lower levels.

I have only been levelling for a day, but I sent out a number of global messages yesterday asking players around my level if they wanted to group up to do some of the tougher zones or run some quests together. I was sent multiple whipers from a number of players pretty much scolding me/putting me down for asking such things.

"What are you talking about, just play solo til 80"

"Theres no point in grouping at low levels"

"That would be a stupid waste of time, no one will want to do that."

are just a few of the responses I was given. Now I know that grouping at this level may not be the fastest means of progression, however I am paying a monthly fee for a multiplayer game and would enjoy some player interaction. I'm in no rush to get to the end of a game and get bored with it. Games like this used to be about having fun and building bonds with others, and I am still interested in that no matter my characters level.

If anyone here is also new to the game or has a character in the newer tiers and would like to group up sometime please tell me, I would love the company!

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Add Valorin to your friends. I have some lower level alts I am wanting to level and would appreciate the company. I don't play very long at a time through the week, but on Friday and Saturday nights, I play for many hours. I look forward to hearing from you.

And, I helped someone start a new guild last night and I am sure he/she (not sure which yet) would not mind adding you if you are interested in joining.

• GrubbsGradyGrubbsGrady Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Add Valorin to your friends. I have some lower level alts I am wanting to level and would appreciate the company. I don't play very long at a time through the week, but on Friday and Saturday nights, I play for many hours. I look forward to hearing from you.

And, I helped someone start a new guild last night and I am sure he/she (not sure which yet) would not mind adding you if you are interested in joining.

Alright, I'll add you as soon as I'm online again! Weeknights for me are hit or miss, but usually I am online weekends. Hopefully I'll catch you in game and can talk about that guild you help to make. Look forward to chatting with ya!

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

The pve server does seem a lot less social.  More chatting on tyranny.  I got guild invites on 2 chars autmatically in first few levels.  I'm 25 on wiccana and haven't but hit up for anything and I've looked for a guild in general several times. But no ganking. :)

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

I've considered stopping back in since I read the review of the rotgs expansion, but I'm wondering how the game is pop wise? 

Anyone have any info?

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Pops are about as good as I have seen them since launch. My guild generally has around 40 people on most of the time and pvp mini games are popping in all level ranges.

• AgtSmithAgtSmith Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by GrubbsGrady

Hey folks, I just picked up AoC:RotG and made a character on the Wicanna server- I plan to try out with some RP guilds later on once I happen to stumple upon them, but would also like to get some grouping together in the lower levels.

I have only been levelling for a day, but I sent out a number of global messages yesterday asking players around my level if they wanted to group up to do some of the tougher zones or run some quests together. I was sent multiple whipers from a number of players pretty much scolding me/putting me down for asking such things.

"What are you talking about, just play solo til 80"

"Theres no point in grouping at low levels"

"That would be a stupid waste of time, no one will want to do that."

are just a few of the responses I was given. Now I know that grouping at this level may not be the fastest means of progression, however I am paying a monthly fee for a multiplayer game and would enjoy some player interaction. I'm in no rush to get to the end of a game and get bored with it. Games like this used to be about having fun and building bonds with others, and I am still interested in that no matter my characters level.

If anyone here is also new to the game or has a character in the newer tiers and would like to group up sometime please tell me, I would love the company!

Unfortunately, in AoC, grouping is broken - badly.  I too like to group, but in AoC the rewards for doing so are dwarfed by the normal issues of forming a group and whatnot when you take in to account the way group 'content' works.  They dramatically inflate MOB hitpoints and damage and call it group 'contnet'.  Just last night I did the Tomb in Field of Dead and it was easily one of the worst segments of time I have ever spent in an MMO.  At level 55 (dungeon is mid 40s) I was taking hits from mobs for 1/3 of my total health while the group only dents them fractionally.  Yes, it takes a whole group but due to how they set it up it is the most boring and mindless spank and tank that is is hardly worth bothering with.  Most people just snag an 80 and follow along, which is stupid of course.

All MMOs inflate hp/dmg on group stuff to a degree, such is the way of things - but AoC does it in such a way that it really is terrible 'content' with no real challenge save the challenge of starting the content as more powerfull than the content itself rather than what you do in the engagement.  You can have some fun tackling red/orange quests with a pal or two but honestly, with half a brain it is not that difficult save the occasional bad pull where you get more MOBs than you can handle.

--------------------------------
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD