Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't get how some sites are rating this game 8 or higher...

2»

Comments

• odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61

I couldnt agree more with the above post.  For $40 you get well worth your money if you look at it as if your purchasing a very fun, solid, balanced fps.  Plus if you want you can pay 9.99 more for AvA and growing content.  Also the PvE is roughly the same, but I actually find it fun due to the combat feel, which I can rarely say about most MMO's (Yes Im a PvP player mostly).  If your looking to feel like your discovering new areas time and time again, this won't offer that like a very large MMO, but it is fun and worth it if you understand what it is.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

I must admit, when I first checked out GA, my jaw literally did a freefall drop and banged on my desk giving me a little chin music boo boo, :)... The combat system looked absolutely awesome.. Graphics looked very good, and the classes all sounded fun.. Then I continued to read and all of my excitement quickly faded..

The game shouldn't be a mmorpg,, not yet anyway.. I don't understand how anyone believe GA should be subscription based right now with the little content it has..  Sure, I can see and understand you believe the game is fun, I honestly get that.. It looks like alot of fun.. But how is it worth a monthly subscription?  It's basically similar to all fps games that have multiplayer capablities like Counterstrike and Halo, but obviously more character customization than those two.. Although, where's the seamless world to explore? Wheres the freedom of doing and becoming what you wish?  Basically, where are the true MMOG elements that give the game a reason and purpose of being subscription based?  Right now it's not there for me.. I don't want to be forced to run around and pvp all the time in a small little confined area.. That's boring, dull, and gets repetitively dumb very quickly..

You know whats funny? I read GA is coming out with an expansion already.... Basically, this so called expansion should be a free content patch.. I can't believe they're actually going to make people pay for content that should already be in a subscription based mmorpg.. At it's current state, it's not even a mmog at all.. It's a mindless fps/mmo hybrid with multiplayer capabilities... Does that constitute GA as an MMORPG????? LOL sorry not in my book...

I feel it's lame and greedy of HI Rez studios for making the faithful fans of GA pay for this so called expansion that should have been in the game at release in the first place!!!

It's like purchasing a brand new car without brakes, tires, and a radio included.... Oh sorry sir, you have to pay extra for those features, LOL!!!  WOW

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• templarxtemplarx Member UncommonPosts: 181

Originally posted by oakthornn

I must admit, when I first checked out GA, my jaw literally did a freefall drop and banged on my desk giving me a little chin music boo boo, :)... The combat system looked absolutely awesome.. Graphics looked very good, and the classes all sounded fun.. Then I continued to read and all of my excitement quickly faded..

The game shouldn't be a mmorpg,, not yet anyway.. I don't understand how anyone believe GA should be subscription based right now with the little content it has..  Sure, I can see and understand you believe the game is fun, I honestly get that.. It looks like alot of fun.. But how is it worth a monthly subscription?  It's basically similar to all fps games that have multiplayer capablities like Counterstrike and Halo, but obviously more character customization than those two.. Although, where's the seamless world to explore? Wheres the freedom of doing and becoming what you wish?  Basically, where are the true MMOG elements that give the game a reason and purpose of being subscription based?  Right now it's not there for me.. I don't want to be forced to run around and pvp all the time in a small little confined area.. That's boring, dull, and gets repetitively dumb very quickly..

You know whats funny? I read GA is coming out with an expansion already.... Basically, this so called expansion should be a free content patch.. I can't believe they're actually going to make people pay for content that should already be in a subscription based mmorpg.. At it's current state, it's not even a mmog at all.. It's a mindless fps/mmo hybrid with multiplayer capabilities... Does that constitute GA as an MMORPG????? LOL sorry not in my book...

I feel it's lame and greedy of HI Rez studios for making the faithful fans of GA pay for this so called expansion that should have been in the game at release in the first place!!!

It's like purchasing a brand new car without brakes, tires, and a radio included.... Oh sorry sir, you have to pay extra for those features, LOL!!!  WOW

Well again, why is everyone getting so stuck on the "subscription" which is not even currently active in the game!? Lemme guess, you're on the TRIAL and can't use the AH or craft or get past lvl 15 and now just assumed you need a SUB for that?

a] As it is, the company is aware of the game not being "subscription worthy"..and hence why most of the content is not subscription based and you can access almost everything right now with the box-purchase. If you are paying a sub for this game right now, it's your own stupidity.

b] If you're talking about Sandstorm, no one said it will be paid, it will be a free content update.

c] I also play Battlefield:Bad Company 2 . How many maps does BC2 have? How many game modes does BC2 have? How many weapon upgrades does it have? How much did you pay for it?

As it is, i can do MORE in GA with the $40 i paid for the game than the $50 i paid in BC2 . And don't tell me BC2 doen't get repetitive if you play conquest/rush for a week on the same how many maps?

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Its called an opinion, neat little thing you should check it out sometime.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• MrGloomyMrGloomy Member Posts: 4

Wow, this thread has certainly sparked some commotion.

Anyway, the bottom line is that Global Agenda is fun for those PvP junkies out there.  However, the fans of *actual* MMORPGs will *probably* not like this game just due to the MMO characteristics that the game *currently* lacks (as said in the posts above this one).   There's not much more to be said than that.

*Again, this is just my opinion.*

1.5 isn't 2

• shotta77shotta77 Member Posts: 3

This game is worth 29.99 max :)  and no subscription fees at all.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

This games gets tired really quick. People compare it to GW, but at least with GW you could go out into the world and kill stuff if you want. This is just wait around for group, play same old scenario, wait about again... I'm thinking MMORPG is not a good acronym. It should be MMOPW. The PW being persistent world. That's what makes an MMO work for me.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by brihtwulf

I personally don't think this game is as good as many of the sites are stating it is.  I don't know what exactly they're basing their comparisons on, or what motivation they have to rate it so high.  But I definitely don't agree.  I recently went in for their trial, and there are LOTS of better online shooters.  And I don't see why you would want to pay a monthly fee for it.  Personally, I agree more with the rating at MMO Sanctuary that gave it a 6/10 and said "While this MMORPG seems very unique in the beginning, the game quickly becomes repetitive in PvE and PvP."  The article is here: http://www.mmosanctuary.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90:global-agenda-review&catid=34:game-reviews&Itemid=56  They want you to pay a full box price AND a monthly subscription for this?  Why do that when you can play Bad Company 2 or Modern Warfare 2 for no subscription?

Sounds shady to me, and giving it almost a 9/10 on a gaming site (IGN I think) sounds shady as well...

Well, Im not too deep on online shooters, but I took the trial and I liked the team play and the scifi theme, the monthly sub is optional, I dont think I will be subbed but the "only buy the box" stuff is fun for me. Maybe there are better shooters, but GA is 30 bucks and the other ones are 50, so... maybe thats why I tried it in the first.

About the rating... not sure but maybe 9/10 its too much, but the game doesnt deserve a low rating for sure.

• WildvixennWildvixenn Member Posts: 23

just because someone dosn't like the game dosn't mean that it's a bad game. It just means it's not your type of game.

This game is a themepark. I played this game with my boyfriend. It's a good game. The only thing that I think is wrong with it. Is that there isn't enough content in it to keep people interested in it. Your doing the same thing over and over again and it gets repetative. But that still dosn't mean it's a bad game. It's actually pretty good, it's just kind of bland in some area's of the game. I'de give this game a 7/10

• LooseBowelsLooseBowels Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Wildvixenn

just because someone dosn't like the game dosn't mean that it's a bad game. It just means it's not your type of game.

This game is a themepark. I played this game with my boyfriend. It's a good game. The only thing that I think is wrong with it. Is that there isn't enough content in it to keep people interested in it. Your doing the same thing over and over again and it gets repetative. But that still dosn't mean it's a bad game. It's actually pretty good, it's just kind of bland in some area's of the game. I'de give this game a 7/10

just because someone likes the game doesn't mean that it's a good game. it just means it's your type of game. DERP DERP DERRRRRRRRR

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Probably because the people who play it and rate it thus are new to the online gaming world, and don't realize that it's like a really cheap version of your standard halflife 2 like fps, with a monthly fee? Well ok, there's the conquest stuff, but that's like an incredibly lame, lazy, cheap version of what planetside was :/

• SoopermanSooperman Member Posts: 2

I really would advised AGAINST this game, especially if your from the EU, just dont bother the lag has lead to allot if not most of the EU players to leave.

I dont have time to list all its faults, but be aware they are substantial and you (just like all the current community) will be bored within 2 months.

PS i have played since lauch and tested all new featured to be lauched in all parts of SANDSTORM. Its no better.

I quit today, dont waste your time.

• huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133

I agree with OP, i tried this game and its nothing more than Tabula Rasa level grind fest all over again, personally ill pass and get an FPS fix elsewhere.