Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.3.5 City Sieges

So, how are they? Are they running properly? Are they fun?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Comments

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

my friends are loving them...

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

yep they are a blast. reminds me of planetside a bit with the points to block off etc.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

They're excellent, I just came out of one. Basically it's a series of multi-stage contestable PQs with various goals throughout making players run all over the city and think/coordinate on their feet. 

I particularly like the way mobs are used - in one stage you have to protect/kill enemy sappers running around with barrels of gunpowder trying to blow up barricades. In another you have 4 huge champions on each side roaming the city and fighting each other while players try to ifluence the fights. At the end the kings battle it out and each promotes 4 players to be their champions - they grow in size, get buffed up and basically act like boss mobs. So you've got huge bosses, player "heroes" and a bunch of normal players all in one fray. Quite epic and varied!

I sincerely hope the success of the newest version of capital sieges finally makes Mythic do what they shoud have done at the release of the game: PUT A FEW OF THOSE PQS INTO RVR LAKES ALREADY!!!!

• icedutahicedutah Member UncommonPosts: 67

I have come back to WAR and have been having lots of fun running 99% scenarios. These new city battle PQ/scenario is very awesome! I love it. It also makes it way easy to get the hard to get Warlord and Sov gear.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

I sincerely hope the success of the newest version of capital sieges finally makes Mythic do what they shoud have done at the release of the game: PUT A FEW OF THOSE PQS INTO RVR LAKES ALREADY!!!!

the dwarf vs Greenskin pqs in their tiers  were by far the best thing about the game

i still remember healing this dude while he was downing some mobs and just seeing like 5 dwarfs running him down in chapter 3 and it ended up being like 30 on 30 while mobs were running around...a good experience