Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open World PvP

JoeShmo2JoeShmo2 Member CommonPosts: 98

So word on the street is that this game has open world pvp.  so count me in.  but does anyone know the specifics of this or could you send me a link to where this is - im having trouble finding it on the site..

Comments

• VorrugaVorruga Member UncommonPosts: 30

There really isn't much information out there on the open-world PvP in TERA at the moment.  Mainly just that there will BE open-world PvP.  There's a political system in the works to drive players to create the reason for the PvP, as the game is factionless.  The one thing that discourages me about it is that its been said that if you want to attack another player in game, you have to choose to activate PvP against them, which then gives them a 5 second warning before you can attack them.  Lots of people have been complaining about it, though, especially if its implemented on the PvP servers, so hopefully the warning will be removed.

The best I can tell you is to just stay tuned for when they release more information about it.  I frequent the official forums as well as a couple of fansites, as do a few others who post in the TERA forums here, and I'm sure that at least one of us will post links to that information as soon as its made available.

• HighttowerHighttower Member UncommonPosts: 19

For the life of me I can't remember where I read it., I recall the statement of having a  FFA server. But, this was pre-En Masse intervention.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

factionless = everyone joining the largest guild and u have no one to kill.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

For some reason your post bore me.  I always think you are going post something insightful..but no it's always the same with you.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

For some reason your post bore me.  I always think you are going post something insightful..but no it's always the same with you.

obvious u cant resist my hot avatar so U had to read it.

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

Haven't checked in a while but I see that this game still has plans for launch. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by JoeShmo2

So word on the street is that this game has open world pvp.  so count me in.  but does anyone know the specifics of this or could you send me a link to where this is - im having trouble finding it on the site..

No specifics yet,  but there will be PvP and PvE servers.  At E3, there will probably be more details released, I hope.

Q: There is a lot of concern about PvP and PvP vs PvE rule-sets. Can you shed some light on that matter? Will the 5 second rule be on PvP servers too? Will PvP servers have instances? Please tell us as much about it as you can.

A: We’re still finalizing a lot of these mechanics, which is why we haven’t shared them in-depth yet—they’re still subject to change. I can say that the major difference between server types will be that PvE servers will not have world PvP, while PvP servers will. Both server types will have instances, and the instances will be identical. Because we’re still finalizing details, the best thing to do right now is to hop on our forums and let us know what you think.

http://blog.me0w.co.uk/teraonline/2010/04/18/en-masse-interview-with-httpteraonline-info-pl/