Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The website about ALL EU planets

EU_RAZEREU_RAZER Member Posts: 85

As mentioned in this forum before, starting this game might be pretty hard. This mainly is because there is no manual or things you have  to do in game. Everything in game is up to you and there is nothing specific you need to do to get to a higher level. This has led to a lot of websites and forums about this game trying to help players with all sorts of data (and a chance to tell people what they do and don't like about the game).  I myself have been involved with one of those forums for a while now, trying to make THE website for Entropia where you can find all info about skills, professions, animals, items and keep track of the loot you find in the game (well only globals so far).

http://www.entropiaplanets.com

So if you are confused about the game and don't know what to do, give it a visit. For any specific questions about the game you can also send me a PM on that forum (my forum name is RAZER, as is my in game name).

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Ack, this game is starting to draw me in.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EU_RAZEREU_RAZER Member Posts: 85

Well, the game is not as bad as some people on this forum try to make you believe. Sure you can loose a lot of money, but if you play with your head, you can play for free or for a little amount of money. It is true that if you wanna advance in the game and buy better and better weapons and armor you would probably need to put some real money in the game unless you get lucky and loot something big. But if you can resist that urge and keep playing at a low level and progress in game natuarlly, you can do that for not to much money. Also remember that every item you buy in game is not lost money, you can sell them again and have the money transfered back to your bank account. This also goes for all the skills you gather.

Just remember that you probably not make a lot of money and that you can give up your day job and that it is a game and that you are playing for fun. If you remember that and try to get involved in the community I think it is one of the best games around.

One thing that does that is the fact that it is an 18+ game and most people you meet are mature and are able to have a normal conversation and you can ask seriouse (and not so seriouse) questions, and most people will try to help you in any way they can (except giving away free stuff).

I have been playing this game for about 5.5 years and I only seen a hand full of people that were shouting bad words in game or that were annoying people, and those guys will not last very long most of the time.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by Kyleran

I do too and then I browse the forums at http://www.entropiaforum.com/  but the disdain and frustration on a daily basis.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

I agree that Entropiaforum has a lot of whiners and people complain about loot and stuff a lot. But most of the time those people are used to a game like WoW where you are level 60 in 2 months and get uber loot al the time. This games is about REAL money and of course you don't get uber loots all the time (if any), this would make the company that runs it go bankrupt very fast. Mpost of the people whining are 13 year old kids and won't stay in the game very long. And there are some notoriouse whiners that are in game for many years already and just whine for fun.

The forum I mentioned in the first post, http://www.entropiaplanets.com,  has a lot les whining (well none so far) and the idea behind that one is to inform people and not to make money (like EF). Check it out, try the game for a few weeks ask a lot of questions both in game and on the forum and DON'T expact to be level 60 in 2 months. I played for 5,5 years and I am nowhere near level 60.

The big plus for this game is the mature and loyal playerbase with a lot of great and helpfull people, the fact that it looks great now with CryEngine2 and that there are endless posibilities in the stuff you can or can't do.

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Briansho

I do too and then I browse the forums at http://www.entropiaforum.com/  but the disdain and frustration on a daily basis.

Ok Entropia Forum sucks.   I have a few beefs with that place.

1. It actually charges people to have uber status on the forum.  I cant think of anything that equates to mental masturbation more than paying money to have an elite forum avatar

2. It extends the cash grab mentality of Entropia.  They have Entropia Forum Dollars that they claim have PED value.   O RLY? The entire value of a currency is derived from its limited abundance.  Entropia Forum awards their paying customers EFD on a regular schedule.   This currency has no value, and even if it did the inflation would continually drive the value of EFD to PED lower and lower.   Its a scam.

3. Due to the two things above it viscerally promotes Uber (high level player) worship.   Some of those ubers are OK, but the majority of them are total pricks, caught up in their own egos and having themselves a ball on the boards with the various huzzah's people toss their direction simply for existing.

4. The community there is rather caught up in money.  No, theyre not caught up.   Theyre obsessed.   They cant see anything past its raw dollar value.   The myopia is painful.

5. Many members there have a severe problem with the truth.  They will feed you full of all sorts of garbage theories like "PED cycling leads to more loots" blissfully ignoring the fact that the newbies who get the mega HOFs so many folks are angry about have never made deposits, and have not cycled any PED.   Try to illustrate this small discrepancy and suddenly you are swarmed with a bunch of fellow advanced EF members offering you lectures on how you should respect those who have been in the game longer than you.

I'll stop now.  Ive already given enough reason for someone from EF to cruise on over here and start "stickign up for the community" by posting some slander against me.    It wont bother me when its done --- as my tolerance for the EF community was so bloody short I sometimes wanted to pull my own hair out trying to converse with them.    I dont think theyre stupid people, but they definitely suffer from a sort of communal nearsightedness I havnt seen since the Darkfall Forums, or the Vault Networks Darktide forum pre 2001.

The point of this is:  Dont take Entropia Forum as a representation of EU.   That would be like taking MMORPG.com as a representation of MMOs.   The communities of both places leave alot to be desired...  but its the games we are playing, not the forums!

As an aside, I cant say EntropiaPlanets is much better.  Mainly because I have little experience with that group.   I noticed a few of the same names posting there and decided I was better off not registering an account.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

Yep some of the same names on EP then on EF (like me), but from what I hear a lot of people run from EF to EP because of the thing you mentioned. Some how EP feel friendlier and that probably is because the 2 people runing it are more accesable and actually play the game (Neomaven doens't anymore I think)  and post like 'normal' people. They also seem to listen to the members and implement some stuff they suggest.  Also the moderation is a bit less strict and you don;t get banned for mentioneing other MMO's (they even have a section on the forum for those).

I did like EF when I first started, but it slipped a lot since then. But I must say there is of course still loads of usefull info still on there.

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by EU_RAZER

I did like EF when I first started, but it slipped a lot since then. But I must say there is of course still loads of usefull info still on there.

Absolutely!  EF has tons of useful stuff.  But with the level of misinformation there, the egos, and the general distrust I've found it so much nicer to simply use their search feature when I need to, and in all respects treat it more like Entropedia! :-)   I find their good posts, posts generally are made before the various theorists and boardwarriors involve themselves with their strutting, and repost them on my own site in an organized fashion.  I do give credit where it is due, though, and link back to EF.  So at least the OP or most useful answer gets the credit they deserve!

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by dar_es_balat

[*]
    It actually charges people to have uber status on the forum.  I cant think of anything that equates to mental masturbation more than paying money to have an elite forum avatar...

Well that's interesting. All I had to do on EF to attain senior member status is show up enough and participate in the conversations.

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by EU_RAZEROne thing that does that is the fact that it is an 18+ game and most people you meet are mature and are able to have a normal conversation and you can ask seriouse (and not so seriouse) questions, and most people will try to help you in any way they can (except giving away free stuff).

That's one of the reasons I still play EU but have quitted WoW (again). I like WoW a lot, I really do, but it is filled with such horrible collecton of people with arrogance, bad attitude, rudeness etc. that I often thought how nice game WoW would be without the other players LoL.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by dar_es_balat

Originally posted by Briansho

1. It actually charges people to have uber status on the forum.  I cant think of anything that equates to mental masturbation more than paying money to have an elite forum avatar

2. It extends the cash grab mentality of Entropia.  They have Entropia Forum Dollars that they claim have PED value.   O RLY? The entire value of a currency is derived from its limited abundance.  Entropia Forum awards their paying customers EFD on a regular schedule.   This currency has no value, and even if it did the inflation would continually drive the value of EFD to PED lower and lower.   Its a scam.

3. Due to the two things above it viscerally promotes Uber (high level player) worship.   Some of those ubers are OK, but the majority of them are total pricks, caught up in their own egos and having themselves a ball on the boards with the various huzzah's people toss their direction simply for existing.

4. The community there is rather caught up in money.  No, theyre not caught up.   Theyre obsessed.   They cant see anything past its raw dollar value.   The myopia is painful.

5. Many members there have a severe problem with the truth.  They will feed you full of all sorts of garbage theories like "PED cycling leads to more loots" blissfully ignoring the fact that the newbies who get the mega HOFs so many folks are angry about have never made deposits, and have not cycled any PED.   Try to illustrate this small discrepancy and suddenly you are swarmed with a bunch of fellow advanced EF members offering you lectures on how you should respect those who have been in the game longer than you.

I'll stop now.  Ive already given enough reason for someone from EF to cruise on over here and start "stickign up for the community" by posting some slander against me.    It wont bother me when its done --- as my tolerance for the EF community was so bloody short I sometimes wanted to pull my own hair out trying to converse with them.    I dont think theyre stupid people, but they definitely suffer from a sort of communal nearsightedness I havnt seen since the Darkfall Forums, or the Vault Networks Darktide forum pre 2001.

The point of this is:  Dont take Entropia Forum as a representation of EU.   That would be like taking MMORPG.com as a representation of MMOs.   The communities of both places leave alot to be desired...  but its the games we are playing, not the forums!

As an aside, I cant say EntropiaPlanets is much better.  Mainly because I have little experience with that group.   I noticed a few of the same names posting there and decided I was better off not registering an account.

Sounds like your run-o-the-mill clique mentality to me, with a dash of over-baked adulation.

I've seen it in every game-specific message forum I've ever been to, which is why I spend extremely little time on them.

A core group develops - usually those who know the moderators personally, whether in-game or in real life... and those who do sufficient enough sucking up to them.

Before long, it becomes a typical case of "you're either in the core group, or you're invisible".

I can't even count the times I've seen an interesting and well thought-out message, or a good question, posted by someone that went pretty much ignored because they weren't "in the clique". Yet, one of the clique members could post a message saying something completely pointless, like "I like cookies" (yes, I've seen it), and within an hour you have 30 responses of people having a prolonged discussion about cookies, while the more interesting topic falls off the first page.

Dare criticize or disagree with one of the clique members and, as you said, dar, the pile-on begins... everyone's bitching you out for *daring* to disagree with their buddy; even if you're demonstrably right, and they're wrong.

In one case, there's a forum I used to go to regularly that would do some podcasts. They would constantly ask for guests to come on to discuss some topic.... always claiming they were looking for new faces to feature on the show, etc. etc. They would talk about all the applications coming in from people and thanking people for applying and encouraging more to do the same. Yet, time and time and time and again, every podcast they did, the "guest" they had on was either a forum moderator, a personal friend of one of the hosts, someone high rank in their guild, someone who had just run them through some difficult quests, etc.

Despite claims of so many applications being turned in, you'd see the same people making repeat appearances. There was never a truly "fresh new face" on the show. There was always a connection. So, the whole "we're looking for new people!" was completely disingenuous. You could send in an application every week with some awesome topic ideas. Regardless, if you weren't in their inner circle, you weren't getting on the show... period.

The same crap happens in guilds and such as well.

The clique mentality is something I've always despised... and I've been on both sides of the fence. I hate seeing people - especially those who are cool people, willing to help, respectful, etc - being ignored because they're not "one of the chosen few". I've had words with many a guild leader for acting that way, or condoning it.

Anyway... that's a long-winded way of saying... I agree with your overall premise there :-p

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Sturgeons Second  Law says that 90% of everything is crud. That would include EF, EP, and even this fine forum.

I''d love to find a forum that is completely free of arguments, dissenting views, and the like. The only one that comes close that I've encountered in my online travels would be Languatrons forum where he probably to this day continues his tirade against the new (and now completed and well out of its initial run) Battlestar Galactica.  How is peace maintained there?  Easy. Languatron initially would ban anyone other than himself posting there, and finally made the forum completely private.

Just before the door closed for good, some skilled folks grabbed everything they could from Langy's forum for future ridicule. Wanna see the contents of the perfect, peaceful forum?  A peek is available here.

13 July 2010- Edited link to the languatron forum to include entire forum instead of one subforum. To know Languatron is to see the entire forum. LOL

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

Now you know why I dislike EF :-P

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Yesterday the www.entropiaplanets.com forum has been updated from vb3 to vb4 forum software and in the process got a new look. The new software adds a lot of new opportunities to the website. So a lot of new stuff will be added in the future.

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78

dont quit, and you who are not playing start playing.. and gl to you, only 10% more luck to me ;D  ..relax

• LykkeLykke Member Posts: 9

Thanks RAZER for the support your giving EntropiaPlanets

www.EntropiaPlanets.com is trying to provide the Entropians with more than just weekday discussions and selling threads.

Our goal is to become the place which supplies players with the latest news, interviews with the community, planetpartners etc., stories and a lot more. - as we are also working hard on tools for the site, as useful help in the gameplay.

One of our biggest projects now is to fill in our dynamic Wiki with content, because it's not that old and it takes time to fill every data in. In the process new WIKI features are added, new pictures, updates of already excisting places, items, maps - and the wiki 'works together' with the forum integrated Mission and Teleporter tracker. The point is, that all content on the forum is connected to the WIKI, which is what makes it 'dynamic' ;) We are even creating a Wiki Wookie team, to make sure updates will happen in a steady flow and when they arrives.

We are working on even more features for the community to be released in future - and we hope more Entropians will be interested in following the progess of our 'new age' forum. Also, we're very interested in coorperating with members, sites, groups, societies who has something special they wish to offer in game; It being a service, tool, story - you name it. Our motto is; For Entropians, by Entropians - and all contributions (following our few forum rules) are very very welcome. The more, the merrier and better for the community!

We recently upgraded the forum from vb3 to vb4 - and in that process we also integrated a new forum section called the Classifieds system". This is actually an awesome tool to use if you have anything for sale or wish to provide a service. We hope that members will learn how to use this, because it will by time remove the noise of selling and buying threads into the system - and make a more viewable forum-new posts structure (which on other forums seems to be drowned in selling/buying threads). We know this takes time to implement, which is why I'm mentioning it.

Another great thing is, that everything is integrated in the forum, which basicly means: One password to rule them all :D

Feel free to add EntropiaPlanets on Facebook, Twitter or MySpace (MySpace is very new) to keep yourself updated. We post all new features, articles and front page stories here, and Twitter drags in all new threads too ;)

Lykke

www.entropiaplanets.com
    www.afterworldforum.com