Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For new players or players who feel they cant learn the game....

gotanksgotanks Member UncommonPosts: 16

Hello everyone, after writing my review of the game, some people commented that they are having a hard time learning the characters, learning how to play them, and how not to die so much, thus causing them to get flamed by more experienced players. If you spend just a little time researching you can find some great walkthroughs for every character in the game on the League of Legends Wiki site. These walkthroughs are created by players for players and have the exact way to play each champion in the game to be effective. I tend to read them thoroughly then add my own changes to make the playstyle unique to the way i like to play. Here is a link http://www.leagueoflegends-wiki.com/lol/champions

The game mechanics are not that hard to learn, but in order to be effective a level of common sense must be used. If you use your mini map and dont see Champions from the opposing side on any other part, but you only see one Champion in your lane, chances are the rest are coming to gank you, so you need to play defensively and stay near your towers. Alot of the problem inexperienced players have is they just want to kill Champions and dont realize that playing conservatively and pushing the lanes little by little WILL win you the game, and will reduce the amount of times you die. Far too often do I win games that are so easy because the opposing side just tries to run all over the map ganking people in a Champion killing spree. This game isnt a death match game, its a strategy rpg. I do not condone and will not condone people calling inexperienced players dumba** or morons for dying, but learn the game and show them up the next time you play, and hopefully they are on the opposing side so you can melt their face!

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i tried it but i came in too late so would have took a while to l2p it as they say .since nobody like to be flamed because we all have to start at some point i decided to leave it to those pro and experienced player!

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

another rehash of a diff thread reply.

/Mute Playername - This is the sollution to your problem :)

Just ignore what your team mates say and do your thing. Eventually you understand how the game works properly + many of the so called Pro-Players have quit and returned to other games where they can whimp out of a proper Gank!

Another awesome tip for playing LoL is the champoin spotlights on youtube! They can all be found on Riot games's own youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RiotGamesInc

Here you can see strattegies and amasing tips'ntricks on playing the different champions.

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

• VlandarVlandar Member Posts: 10

With this video you can learn one of the basic concepts  this will help you survive the lane phase.

And this poster http://www.youtube.com/user/Noxywoxy has a series of videos that explains what some heroes can do.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I tried it and honestly it could have been a great game. but the community really killed it for me.

Call it ragequit or whatever, but I don't even have the desire to learn to play it. I can get better at the game, but that won't make the people playing it any better at being decent individuals. I'll let the asshats keep thier game, and I will move on to something else.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I really, really wanted to get into this game. I tried so hard to like it the first couple of matches. But the community is a bunch of obnoxious people who no matter how new you are, will always consistantly yell at you and tell you how bad you are at the game. Then vote kick you out if you aren't doing good enough for them. It's probably one of THE worst communities, and I don't mean just LoL I mean, HoN, DoTA and any clones that come out.