Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dirge or Troubador

LaviticusLaviticus Member Posts: 33

Question? I'm hoping to move to EQ2 again. I've been googling the gameplay for it and found that the dirges and troubadors are awesome classes. Which of the two do you perfer? I want something that can do damage.

Laviticus.

Comments

• shadout00shadout00 Member Posts: 253

I used to play EQ2, so I can only speak about how it was a year or two back.

Troubs have many spellcaster buffs for DPS.

Dirges have melee buffs for DPS.

I played just about every single character to level up and I always have more trouble soloing with a troub than a dirge. From my experience and from what I have seen neither are good at DPS, but a dirge would get the nod over a troub.

• LaviticusLaviticus Member Posts: 33

Which fighter class do you think is the best DPS?  I just looked at Dirge and Troubador. Which one can turn into the werewolf?

Laviticus.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

I recently rolled both, stopped the troub and kept the dirge.

Troubs are caster focused, however the bard AA line offers spell cast speed buffs, so a dirge can buff casters (not nearly as well as troubs).

Dirge's give the good melee buffs, which in turn buff you (being a rouge class) as well.  You will get better dps as a dirge.

Troubs attacks seem to do damage and drain power of your enemies, while dirges do damage and disease damage, so they hit a bit harder off the bat.

However, troubs seem to be much much more rare.  While both are always needed for any group regardless, you will not only find a group easyer as the troub (possible) but you will probably enjoy cheaper spell scrolls ect due to their rarity.

I found the dirge to be much easyer to level solo as well.

I did read rumors about SOE redoing all of the troubs skills, not sure if thats true or what, but as it stands, dirges seem to be more populair as they buff melee and casters kind of, while troubs seem to be just caster buffers.

Im not really a big expert on this but generally speaking i think i have it right.