Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goods and bads?

kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

What is the goods and bads of this game?

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

Comments

• WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

State of the Game

This is the list of features that will be ingame when we will commercially launch Mourning.

Feature List:
    1. The world. The world is completed.
    Currently the world has 4 realms:
    a. the human area which has a temperate climate
    b. the orc area which is a desert/bad lands area
    c. the winter area where dwarves are located
    d. the elven area - a deep forest area

2. Combat system
    - melee combat - done
    - magic combat
    3. Monsters/AI - done.
    4. Factions. - done
    5. Four player races:
    - human male/female - done
    - elf male/female - done
    - orc male/female - done
    - dwarf male/female - done
    6. Bloodlines - done
    7. Quests (both LGM and NPC). - done (currently we are revamping the system a little to add more features to the quest system)
    8. Mounts and Travel - done
    9. Player economy - done
    10. Player guild system (orders)
    - ability to make orders - done
    - ability to add, remove, promote, demote etc members to orders - done
    - ability to leave an order - done
    - ability to put the order insignia on shields, cloaks - in progress
    - order chat - done
    12. Crafting skills.
    - Armorcrafting - done
    - Weaponcrafting - done
    - Jewelry - done
    - Alchemy - done
    - Resource Harvesting - done
    - Resource Refining - in progress
    13. Fame system - in progress
    14. Master/apprentice system. -in progress
    15. Item degradation system. - in progress
    16. Player made quests/bounties/auctions - in progress
    17. Armor system, including skill base and layers. - done

During the last few months (starting with September) due to some internal issues we had to make a few changes to the team. With those changes we decided that it was time to make some changes to the server architecture. That has been completed and we are currently improving systems to fit the new architecture. This was decided because the code will be much easier to debug after we launch the game.

As you may see there are a few features that are listed as "in progres". We may push the launch date back a few days because we are behind with the schedule in some areas ,however, the game will be launched with these features in progress. We will do our best to make complete them fully as soon as possible. Realistically speaking the first 2-3 weeks we will be concentrating on fixing all the bugs that may spring up on the server.

As I am writing this message the game is scheduled for a 28 February release.

Secondly - the number of servers will be 2 at launch. Each server will support 2000 players. We will have an beta before the game starts it's paid period.
    Because there will only be 4000 beta slots - The people who have pre ordered will be allowed in first.
    After we reach 4500 testers we will close the beta download. I understand that this does not sound very cool, but we would have well over 30,000 people trying to get into 4000 slots, which would be very frustrating for the people waiting.

The plan is to implement all the systems that are still in progress within the first 6 months from the moment we start the paid subscription for Mourning. If things progress properly by then we will make a free update/exp to the game (with a new realm and features).
    We plan to make updates to the game every 2 weeks with the features that we implement or with fixes (of course - the server will be patched daily during the first days after launch if any errors spring up).

Gireada Andrei
    Mourning
    Project Manager

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats from the website, about 3 weeks old, things that say "in progress" most likely will not be present at launch.  The game is supposed to be open pvp.  Screenshots are at this link: http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=0330c586ce5380fe6b8f155ed97eda4b&threadid=17886 Other than this, there is not alot of info atm.

hope that helps.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    The bad is the game is not real. It comes out tomorrow and still looks fake to me.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Grunch
    The bad is the game is not real. It comes out tomorrow and still looks fake to me.
    Yeah it must be fake. All the gameplayvideos must've been rendered perfrectly in the last months on a server farm just to make it look like the'd actually coded a 3d engine.
    It's all rendered so they can make a credit card scam on the few thousand preorderes they have.

ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING?

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219
    Crappy game from some very very small company in a third world country. Worst Dev team is recent memory.
    Thoemse you have seen a actually video showing game play? All I saw was crappy fly throughs that can be done using any 3D program.  Shit I will make one using the Quake 2 engine.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Thoemse you have seen a actually video showing game play? All I saw was crappy fly throughs that can be done using any 3D program.  Shit I will make one using the Quake 2 engine.

http://www.realmsofkrel.com/video.html

Video of a forest spider and a dwarf lost in the woods.

http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=ead13c88ae3c5705d2c734be4d90dd15&threadid=14252

some sample videos of the magic particle system.

Just because you were banned for foul language and spamming, doesnt mean this game is fake.  Provide some proof rather than making stuff up.

For the record, I am following this game, Darkfall, and Dark and Light.  I currently do not have a pre-order with any of these games.

LOL! Those are the videos I was talking about. If thats all they have to show then its fake as hell. WoW must be in on the scam that is Mourning.

Show me proof the game is real before asking me for proof that it is fake. I feel you are either blinded by all the features they want to put into the game or are part of this scam.

LOL! Those are the videos I was talking about. If thats all they have to show then its fake as hell. WoW must be in on the scam that is Mourning.
    Show me proof the game is real before asking me for proof that it is fake. I feel you are either blinded by all the features they want to put into the game or are part of this scam.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/setstart/21/loadthread/35791/loadforum/522/loadclass/180

Read thru this thread.  Why would those five companies (two based in U.S., two based in Romania, and one based in S. Korea bother to scam less than 4000 people of around $30 each?  Especially since at least 3 of them are reputable companies.  Why would people on top of that forge the amount of screenshots that are currently available for this game.  Why would gaming sites post interviews with the developers of this game?  There seems to be more evidence to the contrary Grunch, obviously you are the one who is blinded by your hatred towards this game, and it was obviously a good decision on their part to ban you from their forums.  Why dont you show some evidence that this game is a scam, I have given you evidence to the contrary.  Or is the fact that you were banned from their forums due to posts like the above, cursing, and spamming your only facts?image

Edit: forgot a sixth company, Gamigo, is also involved.  They are handling the European distribution.  Oh and Grunch, in court it falls on the accuser to prove the crime of the accused, so if this was a court case, you would have to present your case first, so far you got nothing but speculation.

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

There are more videos over at ign.com (which has a very long series of articles with the Mourning devs)

Plus there are countless screenshots. You are either very very stupid to continue saying Mourning is a scam or you have some sort of vested interest in saying it.

The good- if you are tired of grinding level based games where the only goal is a bigger raid and bigger loot then try Mourning. Amazing skill (not level) system provides great flexibility, its built for PvP (as well as PvE), bloodlines is a great idea.

Its got some great ideas that make it very different to the cookie-cutter mmorpgs.

The bad- devs don't have a professional PR team, delays in release, not all content will be in at release, idiots saying the game is a scam.

Ok maybe not a scam but not gonna be coming out for a while if at all. Who is the idiot the guy that pays $30 for vapor or the guy that waits to see if the product is released?

Selling personal telport devices they are not out yet but I accept pre-orders at %40 off regular price!! They will be released next monday!

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Ok maybe not a scam but not gonna be coming out for a while if at all. Who is the idiot the guy that pays $30 for vapor or the guy that waits to see if the product is released?
    Selling personal telport devices they are not out yet but I accept pre-orders at %40 off regular price!! They will be released next monday!

... actually no one has paid anything yet.  If it is vapor, then still no one will pay anything as Accentra Inc. are the ones that have the control over billing... but I guess you can continue to make things up.  Its at least entertaining to read...