Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMORPG end-game-content of all time! (vote)

12346»

Comments

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Voting concluded.

And we have a winner. Out of 85 legitimate votes, EVE wins by a nose *and the crowd roars*

Thanks all, for participating :D

EVE 18

DAoC 15 (1 pre-ToA)

EQ1 10 (3 Pre-PoP)

FFXI 8

UO 7 (1 pre-AoS, 1 pre-Renaissance)

SWG 7 (6 pre-CU, 1 pre-NGE, 0 votes for current version)

EQ2 6

AC1 4

WoW 3

Shadowbane 2

Aion 1

AoC 1

CoH 1

Guild Wars 1

STO 1

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• slingblade9slingblade9 Member Posts: 21

Gotta go with Pre-CU SWG

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

this sample taken really does not represent the actual sub numbers from each game therefore it must be something else than endgame that attracts players to a game. 

eve with ~300k subs wins with 18 compared to WoW with 11M subs with 3 votes...

i mean the survey was adequate, he took a sample population within a community that plays the genre. 

my opinion on this is that the endgame is not a deciding factor if a game is popular or not. it would look more towards actual gameplay and difficulty of the game over how much fun is the endgame

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

This pretty much shows how much people let their nostalgia blind them, lol. 

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • LucziferLuczifer Member UncommonPosts: 155

Originally posted by Hyanmen

This pretty much shows how much people let their nostalgia blind them, lol. 

yeah, when we were young then grass was greener and sky bluer and sun... khm ten times brighter :)

But about wow - again i remember that slogan about bullshit's taste - "Millions of flys can't be wrong... "

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

my opinion on this is that the endgame is not a deciding factor if a game is popular or not. it would look more towards actual gameplay and difficulty of the game over how much fun is the endgame

You mean which game grinds better. Sure, some people like that, but that is not what this is about. And it’s not a poll asking which part of the game is best (which is fine for you to start your own thread for a poll), just which game is best for end-game-content being that which is left after you finish grinding skills/levels. That’s my type of game, really, always has been. I really didn’t spend 5 years in UO just grinding skills heh (and years in others as well). And if the game only has raiding or only has PvP for end-game-content but it’s completely awesome and playable for years, well that works too.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I would say the results are resonably representative of the vocal minority of those on this site. Also did anyone ever doubt that eve wouldn't win a poll/award image.

What game was being targeted with the critisism of nostalgia?

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”