Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing now? *Poll Inside*

Comments

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by Psythos

Originally posted by Raythor
    245 votes and a full third are playing nothing... something for a savy dev to think about!
    Exactly what I was thinking.

It is not that surprising, really. If you are spending your free time here talking on the forums, and not even the forums for a specific game, odds are you do not spend as much of your free time enjoying your MMO of choice. If you did enjoy it, you would be there. I am surprised the number of people playing nothing is not higher.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Dubhlaith

It is not that surprising, really. If you are spending your free time here talking on the forums, and not even the forums for a specific game, odds are you do not spend as much of your free time enjoying your MMO of choice. If you did enjoy it, you would be there. I am surprised the number of people playing nothing is not higher.

Pffft...who spends their free time on things like forums?  Only time I go to forums  is when I have nothing better to do while at work. 

As for the topic, I chose 'nothing'.  May go back to Rings after a while or when the new crop of mmos come out I'm sure I'll give them a go but a bit burned out on the genre right now myself.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

^ I spend my free time on forums.. But its mostly inbetween gaming sessions or when im bored.  But its still my free time.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Darkfall

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Proson

^ I spend my free time on forums.. But its mostly inbetween gaming sessions or when im bored.  But its still my free time.

Can't say I do except for when I'm waiting for something to download or the such then I'll surf through some forums real quick.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i am playing loro, on a break cos of finals though

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• DarksecDarksec Member Posts: 13

Playin no mmos at the moment and the only remote interest in doing so is on SW TOR. Not many good sci fi ones out there imho and its about time there was. Im sick of orcs and wizards and magic and swords grrrrrrrr

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by Psychow

Hmm, "Nothing" is tied with "Lord of the Rings" 

Makes me wonder where the 12 million WoW players are... ICC? :)

Enjoying the game instead of coming here to complain about it perhaps? 

we have a winner.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I'm playing EQ Project1999.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Wow 35.5% of the people here at mmorpg are playing nothing.

I'm not surprised...lol

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

Hmm, "Nothing" is tied with "Lord of the Rings"

Makes me wonder where the 12 million WoW players are... ICC? :)

Their actually playing the game having fun.

"World of Warcraft is the perfect implementation of this genre." - Hilmar Petursson. CEO of CCP.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Playing Vanguard very casually while waiting for Cataclysm and 2011 big MMOs

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Not subbed to anything ATM but I am testing Dawntide.  But thinking of doing that EQ Project1999 since I really didn't get to play much Everquest back in the day.

• land35land35 Member Posts: 3

Fallen Earth

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Originally posted by Cephus404

I'm playing nothing because there is nothing out there that has earned my subscription dollar.  I've tried tons of them, none of them appeal to me at all, therefore... not playing.

Much like Cephus404's signature states, I'm playing nothing.  Hope:  None.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

WoW and EvE (had an AoC account until 2 days ago - canceled it).

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Playing WoW and Eve. Going to check out  A.P.B when it's out.  High hopes for T.O.R, T.S.W  and W.O.D.   Loving acronyms today:)

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

Playing CO.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294

245 votes and a full third are playing nothing... something for a savy dev to think about!

Yep... Bad times right now for MMORPGS. I got the feeling that everyone right now is just waiting for the real new game to come.

All this F2P bullshit that is spaming the market right now...

And the big companies trying to stick to their old boring stuff that is WoW,EQ2,EVE.... *yawn*

Hey Companies:

Bring out new stuff!!!

Where is EQ3, WoW2,Planetside2

Come on ! Bring em on! :-)

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

i'm currently playing 4 games, all of which you've managed not to list ;) i'm subbed to fallen earth, i'm playing anarchy online as a froob, retrying WAR with a trial account and playing the trial of global agenda. A nice and varied bunch!

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Allods- kind of a good game, decent PvP but slow leveling.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Have not played any mmos since in the last 4 months.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by sassoonss
    playing AOC as of now and enjoying it . thankfully funcom has made great improvements in the game , i can understand though players not wanting to forgive and forget the bad launch.

I would try Aion in future only if grinding was fixed and when they come out with new content liek mounts , housing and the new game engine

Same. I might pick up FE again once they have fast travel. I might pick up Aion again if they fixed the grind, allowed male avatars, and flying in other/bigger zones.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I guess everyone playing F2P games have to click "nothing." 

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• dirtyjoe78dirtyjoe78 Member Posts: 400

Not subbed to anything atm may give Aion a second go after their 1.9 patch that is supose to ease up on the leveling curve.  Seen a lot of talk about Vanguard and may give that a second try...it held my attention for about 2 hours before i quit it the first time so we shall see.  Looking foward to the new crop of MMO's but getting discouraged after seeing some of the leaked beta footage of FF14 the combat was so slow and boring i almost fell asleep watching.