Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having an "adventure" again?

Comments

• davidbzrdavidbzr Member Posts: 71

What about Aika?

• GoronianGoronian Member Posts: 724
    Originally posted by davidbzr

What about Aika?

It's still run by gpotato. I wouldn't trust them.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

Yes, maybe you're but despite that it's been the only game that has make me play for hours lately. Allos kind of bores me a bit. Still, please let us know throug here too what's happening with the TPA comunity so we can vote and post and everything is required to move of game if we decided to. 

Yes, maybe you're but despite that it's been the only game that has make me play for hours lately. Allos kind of bores me a bit. Still, please let us know throug here too what's happening with the TPA comunity so we can vote and post and everything is required to move of game if we decided to. 

Of course I will!

I tried Aika and, personally, got bored with it in a second. Maybe that's just me, though.

I'll be trying Craft of Gods during the next week, along with trialing most of the games we're considering. We'll see, what comes of that.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

Originally posted by Goronian

Of course I will!

I tried Aika and, personally, got bored with it in a second. Maybe that's just me, though.

I'll be trying Craft of Gods during the next week, along with trialing most of the games we're considering. We'll see, what comes of that.

Well, we just have to wait..

Carft of gods looks like a good option, but isn't still released, isn't it?

I'm trying now something a little different, it's call AfterWorld, chek it, it's looks old but again different. http://www.afterworld.ru/

Of course I will!

Well, we just have to wait..

Carft of gods looks like a good option, but isn't still released, isn't it?

I'm trying now something a little different, it's call AfterWorld, chek it, it's looks old but again different. http://www.afterworld.ru/

It's in open Beta, but will be released this April (probably). If we can agree on it, I suppose it could be fun.

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by sekrog

I see a lot of people on these forums are disappointed by the community in modern games, in the lacking grouping and the fact, that most modern MMOs are shallow, while there is no one to play older ones with.
    Why don't we use the forums creatively?
    Let's make our own little clique, find an older or a less-popular game and explore it together? Come on, there are quite a few of us, we could make this work! Find common ground, and things like that. Who's with me?

I have a suggestion...and it isn't meant to be snide or snarky...although I know it may come off as such at first glance.

Why not follow your initial instinct, which was so interesting that it garnished a ton of quality responses here as well as a "sticky".  Am I surprised that Allods disappointed?  Not really, although admittedly not for the reasons that I had thought it would.

Following your recruitment message above, and judging by the amount of votes earned, why not give a game a try that would accomplish two (if not more) of your goals:

1.  Find an older, less-popular game with tons of exploration potential.

2.  Experience the benefits of an older online community.

Now I realize that a "sandbox" MMO is not an idea that has caught on in the MMORPG genre (save EVE), but this offering has so much to offer for a new group of players who would be willing to work together for a common cause.

Please take a look.  It has a full, 21-day free trial, along with a very affordable subscription rate, and graphics and a world environment that will amaze (if your machine can play at highest settings)

Come...

to Ryzom!

It was on of the games we considered. Unfortunately it failed to catch on with the community, thus it had to be overruled. Now, I, personally, would LOVE to play this game. But I cannot dictate my will upon the others.

That being the case, I entirely appreciate (although don't always understand) the will of the majority.  That being said, if there's room in your gaming life (and the others in your venture that voted for Ryzom) for more than one game, let me be the first to invite you to download the 21-day trial and join me in Atys once or twice a week. 

Here's the linky for the free download and trial (no credit card info needed!):

www.ryzom.com/en/download_game.html

And, to put a smile on your face after my blatantly obvious solicitation:

vimeo.com/1725194

lol

Well, in another post they finally got me to try Ryzom and until now I'd like it, I'll keep in it and maybe I'll try to find the way to sub from here (LA), so I think you can count me as one of the comunity who will vote for it. Ahh and if you want we can cath up in Ryzom too :]

Thank you, Pathwalkers, for your continued support and feedback! We have finally settled on Age of Conan, as our game of choice and Wiccana, as our server. Come join us in game!

You can always find us at our forums.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I too would join, if you guys decided to play Ryzom. Best of luck to you =)

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

could you explain what exactly this thread means and what you're talking about? i read it twice and have no idea what you're saying.

• BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174

He is getting groups of people i guess you could say  guild =) and they are exploring games finding ones they like. They play together in said game * i think is Aoc this time*  Its just all about having fun with a group of people you can become friends with. you kow since most of todays mmo communities are solo artist or just hate everyone.  Well thats what i think he means but i have been known to make a mistake

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

just a headsup, the vanguard game isnt as top heavy as it used to be :). its going into opposed direction atm, low levels vastly outnumber the high levels due to a fairly big influx of people (especially noticable on seradon and to a lesser degree on xeth)

• BrunoAnsoBrunoAnso Member Posts: 1

Im very keen for this project, what are ya'll playing currently?

Originally posted by BrunoAnso

Im very keen for this project, what are ya'll playing currently?

They're playing WoW - the whole thing fell through half a year ago.

Hey, maybe we should relaunch?

Nah...

• Come on Goronion, lets make a final fantasy guild :P

Hey, anyone wants to try and start over again? just throwin' it out there.

• Why not? Haven't really been playing much mmorpgs lately. Tried the new final fantasy game, it was okay, a bit weird, and not really for me. 

Waiting for cataclysm, Aerrevan and Rift.

• IggzIggz Member Posts: 10

I'm game, been leveling a minstrel on LOTRO out of boredom.

• I'm playing a bit lotr too, its quite enjoyable running around in the shire doing errands for the little people.

Guys, refer to this thread, at least for now.

• TaroniTaroni Member Posts: 6

This sounds like a good idea.. since most new mmorpgs I try to get into kinda pushes me away with the lack of community.

• donsavagedonsavage Member Posts: 16

id be more than willing to join, however the game would have to be free (with a item mall that does not give an enormous advantage) or have a one time fee

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

You guys should try Wurm Online.

Perfect game for a self-sufficient group, and the more people on-hand, the faster it all gets done. You basically explore a large continent (one of many now) and settle a spot. Terraform the landscape, dig mines out, build and deco houses, hunt, etc. It's a medieval survival simulator, and the economy is good, as people are always selling goods/services for the in-game currency. I made quite a bit getting out to various places to dig for them, it paid for my deed (true property with rules applied).

Also, in before the Minecraft similarities - few seem to know/care they are both by the same dev (Notch).

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• donsavagedonsavage Member Posts: 16

this game looks good...

http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=21759